26 replies to this topic

#1 ollybobbles

ollybobbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

I, like many other golf enthusiasts, fear we may never see this game. The game boasts the best visuals I have seen ever in a sports simulation and have on board two people who are steeped in the history of digital golf (Mike and Andrew). We need some form of communication from Perfect Parallel that this game is still in production and continues to grow and will certainly be realised this year.

In truth none of us mind waiting and supporting this project if it is truly to provide what seems to be an outstanding game and community. Im sure the old Links community are watching every step with bated breath as this is the next generation golf game they/we have craved for so many years.

Please PP let us know that production still continues, provide updates to where we are in that process. We are not pressing for a release date but keeping the community informed must be a first step to keeping everyone on side and allowing us to share in the build of this monumental game. Make us feel part of it.

Thanks for listening - hope you feel the emotion on he forums - we are all with you and behind you.

• crowll likes this

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

The last status report was here, about a week ago: http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic/486-release-date/#entry9195

Granted, it's a bit hidden, but those really wanting to find it probably should go look for it.  ;) 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Really....Why can't we get more info on the progress. I purchase the Golf Club to hold me over. But that game sucks!

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#4 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

The last status report was here, about a week ago: http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic/486-release-date/#entry9195
Granted, it's a bit hidden, but those really wanting to find it probably should go look for it.  ;) 

There are so few posts on this board it was anything but hidden.

#5 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

It was hidden alright, friend.

Or more accurately buried deeply underneath the huge pile of the many "When?" - "Please update!" - "When will it be released?" - "The time is now!" - threads that keep popping up almost daily.

Hm, such as this one.  :mellow:

Seriously, folks, does any of you really think that the gents at PP will work harder and faster - or change their habits of not communicating with us -  just because you really-really-re-he-he-he-heally* want the game so badly now and you're getting a tad impatient and simply feel that unless you don't make yourself heard they simply must be slacking off on the job? 

Peace out, you aching yearners. If a watched pot never boils, then perhaps you are staring at it way too hard.

(*That was my impersonation of Dr. Percival Cox (from Scrubs) btw. I consider giving him a fantasy job in one of my US-based designs)

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#6 VIXEN_VIKKI

VIXEN_VIKKI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire, UK

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

So many threads like this and it is all because we are left hanging, every month PP will

give us a morsel of hope with a well worded comment that work is progressing well and that

they are getting close, but i have been reading these same comments since pre-christmas 

and how are they defining close.....3 months...6 months

i can understand PP not wanting to throw a date out there but come on give us a little more

P L E A S E.......P L E A S E......P R E T T Y  P L E A S E.......i need my golf fix.....   

#7 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

I disagree, Vikki. Those comments aren't very well worded.

But your pain moves me. You, the proud dominatrix of fairways past, smiling obliteratrix of countless TWO champions (including yours truly, a couple of times), reduced to sobbing pleas of mercy - that is too much to bear!

I hereby officially petition for an ASAP online Q&A session as we had back in december 2013 (that was when somebody at PP boasted they would do that every 2 weeks or so). Said Q&A session to include an extensive demo of the latest PG version and an up-to-date status report crowned with the announcement of reliable release dates in a very near future! Yeah!

Members of this Deserted Forum of Eternal Silence, kindly rally to my banner and strenghten this summons to the Overlords of Delayed Perfection, raise your voices, join this petition and second my request vigorously and in great numbers!

There, Vikkii. I gave it a shot... Not sure it'll help.

• JoeF, fungolfer, Ron Piskorik and 2 others like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#8 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

I'll definitely second your call to action!

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

#9 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

Thirded!

#10 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

Fourth..the guys could ask us to submit questions here and they could choose those they would like to answer.

#11 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

Fifth :)

Who cares...

#12 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

I'm sure the forum ass kisser will his wish.

Boom!

#13 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

Meh, he will be ignored, same as all the forum supplicants and the occasional forum wise ass.

And with only 5 votes, rightfully so. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#14 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

Soooo, It looks like Christmas, lol

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#15 TeeBone

TeeBone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

Doesn't everyone know that PC Golf is the lowet priority for any company, big or small?

Lowest priority compared to all the other professional things these guys have going.

#16 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

The lack of communication is a concern for me. What will happen when the game is released.....If that ever happens!

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#17 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

The lack of communication is a concern for me. What will happen when the game is released.....If that ever happens!

Well, IDS, think about it...they've said the game is up and running on simulators. That suggests that the physics, graphics, menus and gameplay are done and functioning as they wish. The things that differentiate a simulator version and a PC/console version are the input methods - click, mouse, gamepad vs a real swing - and a golfer animation. Since the simulator version can be a big money maker for PP it only makes sense to finalize that first. We've seen the click swing in their videos so that suggests the input methods are either done or close to done. Then, one of the last things to be done for the game we want, would be to create the animation. We know they've done the motion capture for the animation which leads me to surmise that a completed game may be not that far off.

As to what will happen with communication once the game is released? Who cares! You'll be to busy playing 3-click multiplayer on some incredible courses with your buds to worry about it. :)

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#18 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

I have to agree with InDaSkies on this one. Not once have I ever clammerd for a release date. I've always been of the opinion that it's done when it's done. All that said I don't understand why there is little to no posting from the powers that be. Does it really take a huge amount of time and effort to toss a few bread crumbs at it's potential customers from time to time so as to keep our PC golfing juices flowing?

All that said I have the most utmost respect for these guys as well as a huge amount of confidence in their abilitys to turn out a first class product. When that is? I really don't care. I just feel that they have dropped the ball a little when it comes to giving some type of updates which would be enough for most of us to keep some type of discussions going on. As it is now the only discussion taking place on this board is from people beta testing the designer and those that are pissed off over needing a time table.

• remers likes this

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#19 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

This is kind of a double edged sword for PP. Everyone wants updates and information and as potential customers I don't think that is too much too ask. Personally I would never buy a car without reading reviews or test driving. This of course is not quite as an expensive venture but still people want to know the goods. That being said it can back fire if PP miss speak or if something is miss understood. Lots of times people only read or hear what they want to hear.  Still I think more harm can come from leaving people hanging especially for long periods of time.

I don't think it would be unreasonable for a once a week update even if it may not seem like much new has happened from PP point of view, to us on the outside looking in it would still give us the comfort that PP is keeping us in the loop.

Everyone knows EA's reputation for announcing something and then vanishing from the forums. I've seen it too often with them and frankly it really ticked me off. TWO was a classic example of poor  communication. We were promised updates and that devs etc would always be around to answer questions. That of course didn't happen and the fall out was predictable and enormus.

My only advise to PP would avoid giving dates or time frames unless its absolutely certain otherwise any information, updates, progress, can only help to keep us  informed and hopeful.  

#20 Splash

Splash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationUSA / Michigan

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:57 PM

I have seen a post from Andrew stating the game WILL BE OUT !!  I think they got caught a  little off guard , they have other commitments that are paying the bills right now and he stated they a small group of peeps. I want to play too, trust me, but I think it will be worth it. They wouldn't bother with the time of doing it at all if it wasn't coming out.

AMD 8350 @ 4.8 / XSPC Raystorm H2O Kit & RX240 Radiator

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9

Kingston HyperX Beast 1866 CL 9-10-11 @ 1.5 volt

EVGA 980ti Classified @ 1521 / 1.21 volt

2 Kingston 3K 120 GB SSD's [System & Game Drives]

CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000w PS

CoolerMaster HAF 922 Case

Panasonic 55 inch Viera Plasma 60Hz [DSR 3840 x 2160 - 60Hz for gaming]

7.1 Realtek Onboard / Optic Cable to ONKYO 1000w Rec. @ 24Bit / 192

7 Terabyte of Western Digital & Seagate SATA Storage

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Charter Cable Internet / 65MB sec. Down & 5MB sec. Up