• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 MWiggins

MWiggins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

Well, I joined PP to play a online golf game and get away from the smart asses on WGT. Only to find them here too, and there is no such golf game on PP, only a web site.

I have asked in the forums, "how do we start the game" only to be given missleading information.

After being misslead by smart asses (who obviusly came from WGT), and the fact there is no golf game on PP, I decided to cancel my PP membership.

The only problem is, PP do not provide an area to cancel a account!

Now, if you can NOT answer the question "How to cancel a membership" please do not reply!

• Tigers Agent likes this

#2 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:59 AM

To cancel, simply leave. You didn't sign up and pay money did you? But instead why not take time to read the forums and get to know people. If you had you would know that the game is not ready for release, you would also know that the boys were having a joke, not about you, but about how long we all wait patiently for the game (sarcasm doesn't always show in forums :)). We are a family in here so If you come in and make an effort to contribute by reading and talking to people you will be respected, but, if you come in stamping your feet and spitting the dummy you will be the only one that will lose.

Have a read of the forums and then start again and we'll put this down to the frustration we all feel sometimes when we can't get what we want in a world full of instant gratification.

Welcome to the family

Peter

• Davefevs and MWiggins like this

#3 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:47 AM

If my post caused offence, I apologise !

I certainly don't aim to mislead, it was made in fun and also offered a link to become self explanatory in the purpose of it.

Like you, we all come here to hopefully find news and further information regarding the products soon to be offered. However, none of us know when that will be, and are often as frustrated as you in not being able to fulfill our needs. It doesn't stop us staying and sharing stories and getting to know each other a little more regarding discussions upon the forums. I do urge you to join in, it can help bridge that gap in time before the game arrives.

As for WGT... never played it more than 2-3 holes and certainly never used their forums..

#4 fran21356

fran21356

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

I played WGT a few times but didn't like it for the fact that you have to pay for almost everything you do on the game, tournaments, clubs etc. I'd rather pay one up front cost and enjoy the game without getting nickel and dimed to death. Besides, I don't like swing meters.

#5 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

Well, I joined PP to play a online golf game and get away from the smart asses on WGT. Only to find them here too, and there is no such golf game on PP, only a web site.

I have asked in the forums, "how do we start the game" only to be given missleading information.

After being misslead by smart asses (who obviusly came from WGT), and the fact there is no golf game on PP, I decided to cancel my PP membership.

The only problem is, PP do not provide an area to cancel a account!

Now, if you can NOT answer the question "How to cancel a membership" please do not reply!

I don't believe that you personally can shut down your own account.

You could PM Mike Jones or Andrew Jones and ask them to remove your account.

Other option is just to sign out of the forums and then remove the URL from your browser bookmarks and the you won't feel the urge to keep coming back every now and again.

Please note, the above are not piss takes, they are your available options.

;)

#6 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:10 AM

The very first answer to your post regarding how to play the game is:

The game has not been released yet, MWiggins.

You can't play anything. There isn't anything. Yet.

I fail to see how this is misleading information. Besides that the post below yours is "Any idea when we might see the game in action?", so "search and ye shalt find" isn't that misleading either.

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#7 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:06 AM

Accounts should never be removed from forums as their posts disappear with them and threads become hard to understand.

You can change your username if your posts have embarrassed you, and you can change your email address or turn on PMs if scammers have concluded you're a good target.

#8 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

Forum admins can delete a member and they can usually choose what happens with the posts. So that should be no problem. Not sure about this software, but SMF has it.

Who cares...

#9 Richard Nalezynski

Richard Nalezynski

Producer - Perfect Parallel

• Administrators
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY USA

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:04 PM

At this point there isn't really any kind of official membership other than joining the Perfect Parallel community for free.

While you'll find some fun and playful teasing among any community, you'll also find that the Perfect Parallel community has a mature group of community members - many of whom are willing to help just as much as have a little fun. There's a strong passion here, especially for games such as PerfectGolf, and this is a great time to learn about the game and also the progress to release.

You can close your account at any time; but I would encourage anyone to stick around for a bit. As mentioned before, this is a pretty mature community. Still, knowing other communities and such, my recommendation would be to steer clear of anything that seems like a trap for trolling and just keep an eye out for the members that continually post positive and useful responses.

#10 Blackadar

Blackadar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

If the OP is like this before the game is ever released, it must be absolute torture trying to play with him. Door > Ass...figure out the rest.

• Tigers Agent and shimonko like this

#11 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

I wish this were a place where everybody is being treated with a modicum of basic respect. MWiggins simply wanted to slam the door shut behind him and at the same time let us know he just did. Peace and joy to him, wherever his travels lead him.

And to you, too, Blackadar. No need to pile it on.   ;)

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#12 Blackadar

Blackadar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

I wish this were a place where everybody is being treated with a modicum of basic respect. MWiggins simply wanted to slam the door shut behind him and at the same time let us know he just did. Peace and joy to him, wherever his travels lead him.

And to you, too, Blackadar. No need to pile it on.   ;)

I'm so ashamed.

• Tigers Agent and spikel like this

#13 MWiggins

MWiggins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:11 AM

The very first answer to your post regarding how to play the game is:

I fail to see how this is misleading information. Besides that the post below yours is "Any idea when we might see the

NB- 23 Feb 2014. I found Perfect Parallel Golf.

After finding PP's home page, and going into the product section, and opening the Perfect Golf section, and reading-

(Immersive 3D Golf Game provides a new take on golf - Coming Winter 2013) "Note 2013"

On this page- http://www.perfectpa...perfect-golf-r3

"Note I found PP in 2014" So I joined, believing the game was up and running!

That is why I think is misleading!

#14 MWiggins

MWiggins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

If the OP is like this before the game is ever released, it must be absolute torture trying to play with him. Door > Ass...figure out the rest.

????

ASS     n.  Long-eared quadruped of the equine family; And a stupid fellow.

#15 LasseThid

LasseThid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMölndal, Sweden

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:20 AM

Yeah, PP's intention was to release the game Winter 2013, but how many bug free games have been released exactly on time? Unlike some companies PP isn't rushing this game to be finished, containing loads of bugs, just to please the community.

Besides, I'm referring to Kablammos answer saying "The game has not been released yet, MWiggins"  when I say I fail to see how this is misleading, not PP's statement about releasing the game Winter 2013.

Also the reason you wont find a release date is the fact that unless the game is released by that date there will be lots of people complaining about the fact that the game has not been released in time.

PP has stated in other threads that they have had to spend more time on other things in order to generate revenue, which has delayed the development of PG. Perhaps they should have changed the Coming Winter 2013 to Coming before Summer of 2169, so noone would be disappointed that the game has not been released in time...  :rolleyes: 

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 MHz 8GB GPU: MSI GeForce 970 GTX Gaming 4G Sound: Creative Soundblaster Extreme Gamer SSD: OCZ Agility 3 64GB HDD: 1x 2TB, 1x 1TB, 1x 320 GB Western Digital PSU: Corsair CX 600W Chassi: Thermaltake Aguila

#16 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

????
ASS n. Long-eared quadruped of the equine family; And a stupid fellow.

Also slang for your backside, which I think you know Blackadar was referring to, lol.

Maybe he should have said arse.

#17 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

get a grip mate!

#18 Nunnayo

Nunnayo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:45 PM

We are all like kids waiting outside the candy store for them to open for the day.

MWiggins is the hungry, spoiled, fat kid.

#19 Blackadar

Blackadar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

You're still here? It's over. Go home. Go.

#20 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:48 AM

Yes still here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users