6 replies to this topic

#1 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:17 AM

The following offers a brief glance and first clues about how CF meshes are made and how different textures interact with each other, combining to generate interesting effects.

This video is not about making textures, btw, only about how to use them in CF. It might well not be everybody's cup of tea and it barely scratches the surface. The video is HD 1080p, so go large when watching it. Or rather if.

I hope that this illustrates the huge, dormant potential within CF, and encourages designers present and future to try and have a go at it.

• highfade, AwYea, RobC and 1 other like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#2 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:53 AM

Well done K11, much respect to you mate for helping everyone along

Thank you and all cf users at each skill level will appreciate your textures video and others you have done along the way

• cajuncapgun likes this

#3 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:11 PM

Thanks K11, I hope designers will have

a play with the CF library and leave those

old default textures behind. 

And thanks to your videographer Mrs. Sue Perb.

• cajuncapgun likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#4 SReesor

SReesor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationLake Huron, Ontario, Canada

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:44 PM

Great video K11. Learned a lot from it. I continue to play in Unity and will post some pics soon of what I have come up with after pulling half of what's left of my hair out.

RTS-M Pro/Bare

#5 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:30 AM

A question K11.

When you add texture layers does Course Forge lay mesh on mesh on mesh?

I woke in the middle of the night asking myself this question. In the process of finalising your texture builds is there a point where the layers are 'merged down'? In normal 2D graphic work all the layers are merged to a single image. Is this the case in Course Forge.

I eventually got back to sleep.

#6 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:36 AM

A question K11.

When you add texture layers does Course Forge lay mesh on mesh on mesh?

I woke in the middle of the night asking myself this question. In the process of finalising your texture builds is there a point where the layers are 'merged down'? In normal 2D graphic work all the layers are merged to a single image. Is this the case in Course Forge.

I eventually got back to sleep.

O man, you really need to at least double you alcohol consumption, than again looking at what's keepin you up, tripling it is not out of the question. :P

• Ted_Ball likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#7 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:46 AM

Thanks K11, I hope designers will have

a play with the CF library and leave those

old default textures behind. 

And thanks to your videographer Mrs. Sue Perb.

I have to admit.  I get into the most trouble when I deviate from the default textures.  Anything I create pretty much looks like crap.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users