109 replies to this topic

#41 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:39 AM

I believe there are a few small issues in testing which are being corrected as we speak.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#42 Briso

Briso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:09 PM

So it will be released soon then, lol

#43 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:46 PM

Yes, I'm sure it will :)

Who cares...

#44 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:51 PM

So it will be released soon then, lol

Yup, as soon as it's ready.  :P

Richard

Posted Image

#45 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:19 PM

Seems like this "soon" is a bit like the Bethesda and Course Forge soon! :lol:

Yeah, I think many of us would prefer that the Release Notes are attached to an actual release; instead of a teaser commentary that goes on for days or weeks.

All of this overblown hype is very reminiscent to the way in which EA Sports tends to do business. But, whether that is good for business is debatable.

These releases are getting increasingly anticipated... and not necessarily for the right reasons, either.

This game needs to get to a point where we are not constantly awaiting a release, just to fix the problems from the previous release.

If each subsequent release continues to introduce new bugs... than what is the point of putting forth Release Notes early, before these builds are actually ready for production?

#46 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:32 PM

Yeah, I think many of us would prefer that the Release Notes are attached to an actual release; instead of a teaser commentary that goes on for days or weeks.

All of this overblown hype is very reminiscent to the way in which EA Sports tends to do business. But, whether that is good for business is debatable.

These releases are getting increasingly anticipated... and not necessarily for the right reasons, either.

This game needs to get to a point where we are not constantly awaiting a release, just to fix the problems from the previous release.

If each subsequent release continues to introduce new bugs... than what is the point of putting forth Release Notes early, before these builds are actually ready for production?

This is a discussion forum so upcoming new build 'news' is probably worthy of discussion - feel free to ignore this topic

• luetze, Richard, Fairwayman and 7 others like this

#47 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

This is a discussion forum so upcoming new build 'news' is probably worthy of discussion - feel free to ignore this topic

Of course "upcoming new build news" is worthy of a discussion.

Who said it wasn't?

But, maybe you didn't READ the question. So, I'll ask it again:

#48 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:25 PM

Of course "upcoming new build news" is worthy of a discussion.

Who said it wasn't?

But, maybe you didn't READ the question. So, I'll ask it again:

To be honest I have you on ignore but I made the mistake of opening your post to read it and reply. 

#49 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:29 PM

To be honest I have you on ignore but I made the mistake of opening your post to read it and reply. 

If you'd rather ignore, than have real discussions, that's fine. But, let's be honest about it. Rather than trying to pose straw man arguments - that no one has posed - each time a discussion gets real.

Yes, Update News is important. But, it's starting to feel an awful lot like the Twilight Zone around here; with the same failed updates, begetting more failed updates.

Having the Update Notes come out days or weeks early, is starting to get as ominous as it is should be exciting.

#50 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:30 PM

O please, not another endless cycle of 'dribble'.

• Mulligan likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#51 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

O please, not another endless cycle of 'dribble'.

The only 'dribble' comes from those that refuse to have an adult discussion. So, they just start throwing things around instead.

#52 spy88

spy88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:34 PM

"If" each subsequent release continues to introduce new bugs...

Why are you assuming each release does in fact  introduce new bugs?  And even if true, it's how things get better!  You expect perfection the first time, every time?  Good luck with that...

"...than what is the point of putting forth Release Notes early, before these builds are actually ready for production?"

If for no other reason, it offers those of us who have experienced certain issues to see if they have been addressed.  MOST players are keen to realize the devs have listened to and acted upon bugs reported.  Releasing notes as they pertain to a upgrade clarifies this.

Not very hard to understand I would think...

• zmax - sim likes this

#53 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:36 PM

"If" each subsequent release continues to introduce new bugs...

Why are you assuming each release does in fact  introduce new bugs?  And even if true, it's how things get better!  You expect perfection the first time, every time?  Good luck with that...

Are you playing the same build? 1.3.9.1?

Have you been playing the previous builds?

The last handful of builds have all introduced new issues, and left several old ones, ongoing.

What golf game have you been playing?

#54 spy88

spy88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:42 PM

"And even if true, it's how things get better!  You expect perfection the first time, every time?"

I've been playing since the first day it came out and am not as "impatient" or "intolerant" of how the devs do their job as others.  You're in the minority on this issue...I'd think you'd drop it and let it go.  Everyone has better things to do then to quibble with you...including me.

• fungolfer, Richard, mistajam and 1 other like this

#55 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:52 PM

"And even if true, it's how things get better!  You expect perfection the first time, every time?"

I've been playing since the first day it came out and am not as "impatient" or "intolerant" of how the devs do their job as others.  You're in the minority on this issue...I'd think you'd drop it and let it go.  Everyone has better things to do then to quibble with you...including me.

So, you too would rather just ignore problems? OK. Moving on.

This is one of the major problems with this game community. -- If we all aren't willing to just sweep stuff under the rug, we become subject to fanboy ridicule.

Is there anyone pragmatic in here, that can discuss the actual game's state of affairs, without feigning that their feelings must get hurt in the process?

#56 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:52 PM

Further off topic posts will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be put on temp moderator approval.

• scoops100, mistajam and Crusher like this

#57 Platypus409

Platypus409

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:25 PM

Will the 64-bit version increase FPS? Right now I average 30-40 FPS on Ultra High at 1920x1080. I have a 64-bit OS and 8 gigs of ram.

AMD FX-6300 6-Core Black Edition

GeForce GTX 950 2GB

Crucial 8GB DDR3

Crucial 240GB SSD

Windows 7 - 64 bit

#58 FreeBolt

FreeBolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:50 PM

I am looking forward to the 64-bit version myself. I get the odd crash now, but not many overall. But there are many people getting them all the time so I hope this fixes it. Anything else added or fixed after that is a bonus in my opinion.

#59 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:03 PM

Will the 64-bit version increase FPS? Right now I average 30-40 FPS on Ultra High at 1920x1080. I have a 64-bit OS and 8 gigs of ram.

I don't think anyone in the tester group has reported an increase of FPS. That's still pretty much GPU dependent.
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#60 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:05 PM

I don't think anyone in the tester group has reported an increase of FPS. That's still pretty much GPU dependent.

Would agree with Art. FPS seems to still be dependent on my GTX760, but game itself is much more stable running on 64Bit than it was on 32Bit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users