#1 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:58 AM

You designers out there! Mike Jones was just saying that right now the AI player will always shoot for the shot point set in for the hole (making them...in some cases...to make 200+ yard drives because the first marker was misplaced (or put where it "looked good")). Put the driving point where you want the AI player to hit it. Hopefully we'll get alternate shot points soon.

#2 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:06 AM

You designers out there! Mike Jones was just saying that right now the AI player will always shoot for the shot point set in for the hole (making them...in some cases...to make 200+ yard drives because the first marker was misplaced (or put where it "looked good")). Put the driving point where you want the AI player to hit it. Hopefully we'll get alternate shot points soon.

So what about shot points that are blocked by trees on a dogleg?  I'm thinking of Chicago Oaks... there's several holes there where the shot point requires a mild fade or draw (or luck) to avoid clipping those pesky trees crowding the fairways.

I get what he's saying but it seems to me the onus should be on the developers to improve the AI to be more intelligent than that.  Easy for me to say... I know... but it kinda feels like we're letting the tail wag the dog here trying to box in the designers on this issue.

Just my $0.02.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#3 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:10 AM

So what about shot points that are blocked by trees on a dogleg?  I'm thinking of Chicago Oaks... there's several holes there where the shot point requires a mild fade or draw (or luck) to avoid clipping those pesky trees crowding the fairways.

I get what he's saying but it seems to me the onus should be on the developers to improve the AI to be more intelligent than that.  Easy for me to say... I know... but it kinda feels like we're letting the tail wag the dog here trying to box in the designers on this issue.

Just my $0.02.

I agree with both of the greened comments.

I think we can achieve both things. It would be nice to see the A.I. work the ball, for example.

However, in the meantime... it helps the A.I. - as it currently behaves - to have a defined tee off point, that is at least as far as they can hit the ball on a straight line... without going through the fairway.

• worrybirdie likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users