Photo

Distance boost in PG for simulator use???

simulator boost distance simulation

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:09 PM

I'll have to use some kind of soft ball's when using SkyTrak with PG and I know that they will give smaller ball speed and launch angles numbers. That's why I'm asking, is there some kind of distance boost in PG to compensate this loss in distance?

#2 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:55 PM

Isnt that just a setting in your skytrack itself, i mean how far the club goes...?

better ask this at the ogt forum i think, there are the simplayers, i am sure zmax knows an answer.

greetings

#3 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:56 PM

I'll have to use some kind of soft ball's when using SkyTrak with PG and I know that they will give smaller ball speed and launch angles numbers. That's why I'm asking, is there some kind of distance boost in PG to compensate this loss in distance?

If you're using a GC2, you can add player profiles and adjust boost via OGT interface.  Boost and any other adjustments will only work if Tournament Mode is disabled.  So, adjustments are not allowed for OGT tournament rounds.

No adjustments for SKytrak at the moment.

see here:

http://www.onlinegol....php?f=83&t=941

#4 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for answering!

Hope there is some kind of boost to ball speed in skytrak, because I'm afraid that changing the ST altitude settings will not work. This is because ST will propably send ball speed, side spin, back spin, LA and HLA to PG and PG will do the real time calculation to ball flight and rolls according to it's own settings.

If it's possible to change altitude to every played course in PG, then this wouldn't be a problem. I don't remember that there is one. I think it's coded straight to the course itself, am I right?

#5 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:19 PM

That is correct. Course elevation is coded into the course itself. Not user adjustable.

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#6 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:57 AM

I have learned that you can modify the elevation in the .description file of the course you want to edit. There is a parameter "geoZ": where you can input your desired elevation like "geoZ":1650. That would mean your course is in 1650 meters which is a bit over a mile (from Five Sisters).

So if there will not be a boost option in ST/PG simulation (I hope there will be!!!!), this is something you can do to get some boost before the real option is released like they have in OGT/GC2.

#7 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:52 AM

As john said, changing that won't do anything.

#8 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:40 PM

John said: "That is correct. Course elevation is coded into the course itself. Not user adjustable."

He didn't say it wouldn't do anything if you can change it. Isn't the ".description" -file just the part of the course itself where you can do this "coded" elevation? Now I am confused :blink:.

#9 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:40 PM

Sorry,  to explain further, as I understand it, there are the course files which are the unity3d files, the ones the game uses, and the .description file which I believe is just a txt file that is generated from those course files.

You can edit the .description using a txt editor, but it will have no effect on the course file, ie the unity3d file, which is what the game actually uses.

If you think about it, this makes sense, you cant have individuals being able manipulate courses, as it would make any form of tournament or "competitive"/multi-player play unworkable for the very reason you would like to be able to do it.

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#10 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:04 PM

Ok, I understand. Thanks for explaining that!

Can't devs just bring that boost option to normal PG gameplay also, no matter what LM people are using at their homes. Then just "auto disable" to that option when playing OGT. Isn't boosting just a normal feature in the simulation softwares (E6, TGC etc.) anyway?

#11 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:49 PM

The boosting is normally done within the hardware software interface I believe, ie TGCs itself doesnt have it as such, its the GSX interface between the GC2 and TGC where the boost is done I think. E6 I am unsure of.

As the Skytrak "interface" is sort of built into the game, it  would probably have to be done in game. For other hardware devices PG simply allows a TCP/IP connection, so doesnt know what hardware is connected, hence all shot data manipulation has to be done by a third party interface.

In terms of boosting being a part of simulation software, i think your probably right, and in many ways its another reason why I think PG is the best solution. When I play someone I know that what they hit is what they hit, not what they hit plus whatever boost settings they have set.

In your situation with the foam I see why you genuinely need it, but in general the more options you give to people to "enhance" their game, the more they may choose to use them for reason perhaps not quite so genuine.

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: simulator, boost, distance, simulation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users