12 replies to this topic

#1 landscaper

landscaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, Maryland

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:31 PM

I new here today. Just wanted to say hello. I just came over from The Golf game !!! and a living hell there. I live in the country and can not play on line due to having wireless internet and having to pay $ 129.00 per month for only 30 gigs for the family.

I had to always go on the and beg players to send me a course to play in two years I only recived around 8 courses. They have around 90.000 courses setting on a server some where and the only way to play any of them is be on line. This looks like it will work so great for me to be able to play off line.

It seems to me that over there is one big click of guys. I have been a real life golfer for years now and most golfers in real life are good an willing people to help you out. But on their forum you are either in the click or out. All I got was reticule from them for asking for courses so I could play.

I look forward to being a part of this and hope if ask for help you will step up and not rum me down for asking.

#2 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:54 PM

Hello and welcome, you shoud enjoy PG more than the other one anyway, but if you want any courses for the other one, just let us know as i have designed over 70 tracks since the games inception.

• landscaper likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#3 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:18 PM

Hi Landscaper

TGC and PG are quite different in approach.

As regards courses  there are 2  types in PG

1. OFFICIAL PG COURSES ( some made by PG and some by users) These can all be played offline as well as online.  At present there are about 15 official courses. There will be more to come but  probably paid for DLC.    Now that doesnt seem a lot compared to TGC but  every course has 4-6 difficulty tees,  3 fairway speeds,  6 green speeds, add in various weather conditions and 5 difficulty levels and each course has  well over 20/30  ways to play.

In addition you can set up several AI players of various difficulty levels.  thus even by yourself offline you can play strokeplay, skins, matchplay against  the AI player.  In fact you and an AI player can play against 2 other AI players so Alt shot, greensomes etc etc.    So even more ways to play a course.    

2. USER MADE COURSES   about 30 are now availabale  with a lot more to come once courses forge ( course creater ) is available to everyone.   At present these are only available to play online, hopefully they will be made available offline as well.  As  each couse comes as a complete unit unlike TGCs DNA System  this is not a technical problem.  However  it would need a Dev to  answer that one.

Like any forum board there are arguments at times but by and large a great bunch of people who i'm sure will  gladly offer you all the help they can.

Keep in mind this is a game still in Early access so  a few bugs to get rid of and still items needed to be added but  Im sure you will enjoy it a lot

• landscaper likes this

#4 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:21 PM

Does PG work offline now? I know it didn't a couple of months ago.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#5 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:32 PM

Hi Acrilix,  Yep since about 2 upgrades ago, February one I think,  its been working fine.  They seemed to have got rid of most of the bugs that were affecting it.  Seems to work as good as  being online now

AI players can still get a little flakey at times but Ive got one set at all level 2s that works fine .  Bugger keeps beating me though 

Jim

PS really enjoying Abbotsley.  I play with an easy going bunch of Hackers, 3 click, skype  and we all like the course a lot

#6 landscaper

landscaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:10 PM

A big thank you guys for the welcome !!!!! How refreshing that is !!!!! Wow sorry to hear that the other courses cannot be play offline The Golf Club  was the same you could play only what courses they said you could play off line. So it looks like I am in the same boat here as I was over there !!!! can only play what they say you can play off line. That's ok till you get so tired of replaying the same ones.

I know I am only in the 1 % of not being able to play on line. But still I should be able to play all. Where I live in the country we do not cable with unlimited access.

#7 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:22 PM

Initially Landscaper PG were going to charge a "season pass" to play User Made Courses. So they must have  been planning on useing steam to allow access to these couses hence online only.  After an uproar from the player base they have fourtunately dropped that idea.  

Dont give up hope yet  because as I say Technically that is no reason why user made courses cant be played offline..  Again as I said its Early Access  so perhaps  they just havn't got round to  that yet.

I know the devs are in Augusta this week working with SKY TV so dont expect any clarrification soon but perhaps a Dev can clarrify the situation regarding offline play and user made courses 

• landscaper likes this

#8 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:52 PM

Now from what I just tried you need to go online to steam first. Then you can take steam off-line and play the stock courses. When I tried to start steam with no Internet access and then start perfect I was not able to play any of the stock courses. But if I start steam online then take it off-line I was able to play the stock courses. Does this sound right? I'm assuming they should have it set to where you can play without connecting online with steam first?

Justin

• landscaper likes this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#9 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:54 PM

Wondered that myself. Another way to phrase it: Do you have to go online to play offline? It would be a very big plus if one can play stock courses without having to go online first especially if one CAN'T go online at that time or if one is on a limited budget, etc.
  • landscaper likes this

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#10 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:16 PM

Wondered that myself. Another way to phrase it: Do you have to go online to play offline? It would be a very big plus if one can play stock courses without having to go online first especially if one CAN'T go online at that time or if one is on a limited budget, etc.

Well when I disconnected from my Internet and tried to start steam and logged in off-line I could not play the stock courses. If I went online and started steam and perfect the courses are there. I then went off line on steam( upper left click steam Second one down go off-line) then shut my Internet off. I can restart perfect from steam off-line and play the stock courses. So in my case you need to at least login to steam first before you can play off-line.

Edit, actually steam being off-line I still have to be connected to the Internet in order to start the game. Once I get to the first tee I can disconnect from the Internet and play through.

Justin

• landscaper likes this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#11 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:19 AM

Once I get to the first tee I can disconnect from the Internet and play through.

Justin

So technically speaking, playing offline is not available yet without a work-around. :mellow:

• brokenclub likes this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#12 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:25 AM

Only the stockcourses can be played..hope they will soon fix it, today had a bg internet failure form the provider.

This really cannot be that difficult to make happen.

#13 landscaper

landscaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:14 PM

It looks like to me if the technology is already there to play stock courses off line it should pretty easy to set and add the other courses to play off line. That way you make all customers happy. Sometime I thought that when I was over at The Golf Cub Game that they mush get a kick back from the phone co. They would not let you play off line only a few of their choosing !!! But if you could get someone from there to send you a course that they made then you could put in your game and play it off line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users