122 replies to this topic

#1 dpeters95

dpeters95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:49 PM

With all the talk about the new ball that is for sale in the Pro Shop, has anyone else noticed that Bethesda CC is for sale under "Courses" for $6.95?  I just saw it when looking at the new ball...

#2 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:55 PM

With all the talk about the new ball that is for sale in the Pro Shop, has anyone else noticed that Bethesda CC is for sale under "Courses" for $6.95?  I just saw it when looking at the new ball...

I suggest you wait for the next update before buying.

Richard

Posted Image

#3 Jperkules

Jperkules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, U.S

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:58 PM

It errors due to an invalid ID, so I don't think can purchase if you wanted to

#4 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:19 PM

I suggest you weight for the next update before buying.

Richard, I think that should be WAIT. LOL  :P

#5 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:22 PM

I suggest you weight for the next update before buying.

Richard, I think that should be WAIT. LOL  :P

Whoops, believe it or not, I haven't started cocktail hour yet. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :rolleyes:

• cajuncapgun likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#6 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:25 PM

Have one for me my friend, April was a very bad month for me.

#7 dpeters95

dpeters95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys!  I hadn't noticed it was there before.  I guess I will have to hold off adding that course...

#8 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:45 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys!  I hadn't noticed it was there before.  I guess I will have to hold off adding that course...

If all goes to plan, the wait shouldn't be too long. Just keep watching the forums.

#9 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:36 AM

6.95 is pretty steep if you compare it to the price of the complete game.

It is not steep in the overall picture - i just wonder how many players don't want to pay that "much" for just one course (with maybe a lot to come).  

#10 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:01 AM

Nobody has to buy it I guess Frank, there are plenty of other courses already available to play without spending a penny.  Personally, I'd be happy to hand over that sort of sum given the value I've alresady squeezed out of the initial $20.

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

#11 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:15 AM

Nobody has to buy it I guess Frank, there are plenty of other courses already available to play without spending a penny.  Personally, I'd be happy to hand over that sort of sum given the value I've alresady squeezed out of the initial $20.

Me too, Remers. I am just thinking about the "perfect price" for single courses. The more players have them and buy them, the better for the game (multiplayer, tournaments).

• cajuncapgun likes this

#12 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:40 AM

Fair point and my take on it is that a fair proportion of those already hooked by the game will buy it, I know I will and I'm sure you will too :) and those who jump on board may take some time to assess things and make do with the free offerings which are clearly top notch too.  They'll then most likely purchase the add-ons as well once they've been grabbed by the PG bug.

I understand 100% where you're coming from though but I think they'll be OK at this sort of price as there may well be a percentage going to the course out of the sale price that might need to be factored in.  This would mean that PP would need to cover their own time as well as covering any other agreed fees although this is of course just speculation.  They might be keeping everything for themselves and this would be good too because it helps to keep them and the software strong.

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

#13 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:34 AM

6.95 is pretty steep if you compare it to the price of the complete game.

It is not steep in the overall picture - i just wonder how many players don't want to pay that "much" for just one course (with maybe a lot to come).  

Frankly, pardon the pun....  you're having a laugh.....

We're here at this price for several reasons. There is NO SEASON PASS.

Those that had the outcry and jumped onboard the Season Pass issue, cease typing now. Frank, I don't direct this at you, I'm simply using your post as the starting poiint for any issues regarding the price. I'm fine with it, in regards to buying what I want, and not blindly buying something I didn't wholly think worked. The Season Pass option, was likely, for a regular free course, but meant those Designers could not Beta test their own designs without a Season Pass. We now have the DLC for those that want it... to buy and help support the game.

Those that don't want to, won't buy.... obviously. However, those that supported this option, can I remind you, that helping to support this game, will not only ensure those who designed it will keep improving it, but it will also allow each and everyone of us to enjoy it for as long as possible too.

• cajuncapgun, MimicPS and Greensboronclion like this

#14 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:42 AM

Look at it this way $6,95 you pay now look at the free ones divide the total it looks like 50cents a course, hehe not bad huh.

• MimicPS likes this

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#15 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:18 AM

Frankly, pardon the pun....  you're having a laugh.....

We're here at this price for several reasons. There is NO SEASON PASS.

Those that had the outcry and jumped onboard the Season Pass issue, cease typing now. Frank, I don't direct this at you, I'm simply using your post as the starting poiint for any issues regarding the price. I'm fine with it, in regards to buying what I want, and not blindly buying something I didn't wholly think worked. The Season Pass option, was likely, for a regular free course, but meant those Designers could not Beta test their own designs without a Season Pass. We now have the DLC for those that want it... to buy and help support the game.

Those that don't want to, won't buy.... obviously. However, those that supported this option, can I remind you, that helping to support this game, will not only ensure those who designed it will keep improving it, but it will also allow each and everyone of us to enjoy it for as long as possible too.

I don't find it too much, personally. Not at all.

Scenario: Only 25% of the players buy it and there is an official tourney or a tourney at OGT. This closes out a lot of players. If the price would be a tad lower (psychology!!) maybe 50% buy it and you have an even bigger revenue.

That was my question. I stated, that 6.95 isn't steep per se.

#16 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:28 AM

I don't find it too much, personally. Not at all.

Scenario: Only 25% of the players buy it and there is an official tourney or a tourney at OGT. This closes out a lot of players. If the price would be a tad lower (psychology!!) maybe 50% buy it and you have an even bigger revenue.

That was my question. I stated, that 6.95 isn't steep per se.

I think that anyone that is a serious OGT player will buy the courses just to participate. For those that don't want to, OGT seems to offer a number of other choices. I'm not concerned. PP needs to be able to justify their investment.

• Ron Piskorik and cajuncapgun like this
Richard

Posted Image

#17 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:35 AM

$7 for a course? $20 for the game? Very cheap entertainment in my estimation. The excellent free courses are a bonus IMO.

What's not to like about this?

• DivotMaker likes this

#18 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:46 AM

Whether Bethesda is used on 3rd party or even official tours is purely down to the tour moderator.

If folks don't have the course, they sit out the event. Not like it is the end of the world.

I pay more for cars and tracks in iRacing, so for me personally the price PP have opened up with is fine.

Yes there will be the usual moaning about the price and the everything for nothing brigade will probably come in too.

Its an optional purchase, no one is putting a gun to anyone's head and making them buy it.

Its not like there aren't other courses available for folks to play, for free.

Season Pass was shouted down and now individually priced courses look like they're next on the agenda.

PP can't win.
  • Sinewiz, Richard and cajuncapgun like this

#19 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:56 AM

$6.95 is a steal. 

When does the next course come out?   :)

• cajuncapgun likes this

#20 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:07 AM

$6.95 is a steal. 

When does the next course come out?   :)

The standard PP answer is 'soon'.  :P

• Briso likes this
Richard

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users