122 replies to this topic

#1 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:32 PM

Could anyone with some knowledge on this perhaps give us a hint of the console situation one way or the other?

I have a PS4 that I'm thinking of selling as I don't really use it at all anymore, but I would definitely keep it if PG were coming to Console sometime this year.

Is that totally not happening (either to PS4 specifically or just not anytime soon at least)?

No real super specifics needed - Perhaps an answer one way could be....  

"Buck, sell your PS4" and I'd have the answer that matters at least...   :)

Thx!

#2 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

Could anyone with some knowledge on this perhaps give us a hint of the console situation one way or the other?

I have a PS4 that I'm thinking of selling as I don't really use it at all anymore, but I would definitely keep it if PG were coming to Console sometime this year.

Is that totally not happening (either to PS4 specifically or just not anytime soon at least)?

No real super specifics needed - Perhaps an answer one way could be....  

"Buck, sell your PS4" and I'd have the answer that matters at least...   :)

Thx!

Forbes/Tech has a story whose headline reads thusly: 

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf' Now Available For Steam And Coming Soon For Console And Mobile

http://www.forbes.co...e/#1642b9a28301

I'd love to see what they could do with this on the XBox One, knowing that they only had to worry about Windows 10 and DirectX 12, instead of Windows 7 to Windows 10, and DirectX 9 to DirectX 12.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#3 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:15 PM

Thx JCat - Yeah...I saw that and it's sort of what sparked my whole thought on "maybe I should keep a console around after all..."

#4 dlocke1962

dlocke1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:36 PM

MOBILE?????? Real Time Finger swing  :P

#5 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:02 PM

MOBILE?????? Real Time Finger swing  :P

That might actually be pretty cool!!  

I personally am not very likely to play this game on any console as I've found a zen experience playing it on my laptop in my favorite easy chair with a controller and my airdesk (the wife doesn't love the airdesk but I sure do).

I AM, however interested to see this game come to the consoles purely for the purpose of generating much more interest in the game which of course should mean more money for PP which I would hope in turn means at least some of that money being available for investment back into the product.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#6 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:07 PM

That might actually be pretty cool!!  

I personally am not very likely to play this game on any console as I've found a zen experience playing it on my laptop in my favorite easy chair with a controller and my airdesk (the wife doesn't love the airdesk but I sure do).

I AM, however interested to see this game come to the consoles purely for the purpose of generating much more interest in the game which of course should mean more money for PP which I would hope in turn means at least some of that money being available for investment back into the product.

The other good thing about Console is if you'd like to have an extra spot to play it in another house or just another room, it would be a superb and relatively inexpensive (compared to other PC options) way to add the game in another location/situation.

Plus there's the wide swath of people that just prefer consoles for the "plug and play" nature of things, which I totally understand.

#7 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:09 PM

I mainly just am hoping for some guidance on:

PG on consoles in 2016-ish...

A.  No chance anytime soon

B.  Yes, but on XB1 most likely

C.  Yes - Keep your PS4

#8 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:11 PM

Once course forge is out the door in a couple of weeks (I hope) we are going to focus on the following items

1) Full Mocap animations with multiple characters and more animations that make the game more involving

2) A complete UI redesign with Consoles in mind

3) XBOX One Port

4) Career Mode

We are hopefully going to be doing these in tandem rather than one after the other.

One of the interesting things about the new XBOX SDK is the ability to integrate windows 10 and XBOX into the same Microsoft Live online world

• MimicPS, RobV, DriverDivots and 1 other like this

#9 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:13 PM

Once course forge is out the door in a couple of weeks (I hope) we are going to focus on the following items

1) Full Mocap animations with multiple characters and more animations that make the game more involving

3) XBOX One Port

4) Career Mode

We are hopefully going to be doing these in tandem rather than one after the other.

One of the interesting things about the new XBOX SDK is the ability to integrate windows 10 and XBOX into the same Microsoft Live online world

THANK YOU!  
Just what I wanted to know....

(sell PS4)   :)

The XBOX & Win10 integration was something I took notice of and it did make me think that might be where PG would go first (and perhaps only on XB1 for console)

#10 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:23 PM

3) XBOX One Port
4) Career Mode

Sounds great! Looking forward to the MoCap work and glad to hear about the UI redesign as well. This will benefit everyone!

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#11 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:27 PM

3) XBOX One Port

4) Career Mode

Now all of this is exciting news!  Multiple characters is a must have to broaden the game's appeal, hopefully with some ability to at least modify the facial appearance to some to degree so that folks can customize their players to something to which they can most closely relate.

Yep, the UI could use a facelift, especially with console integration in mind.  I had a feeling the XBox One would be an easy fit with the linkability between it and Windows 10 PCs.  What I'm most curious  about is how user made courses will be handled, if at all, on the consoles.  I know that's got to be a bit of a sticky wicket.

Career mode?  That's really not an item on my wish list, but I know there are others who put a lot of value in this.  

Thanks for throwing out these nuggets Andrew, I know lots of curiosities have been stroked as a result  B)

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#12 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:30 PM

What I'm most curious about is how user made courses will be handled, if at all, on the consoles.  I know that's got to be a bit of a sticky wicket.

This is a great point and could be a deal breaker for a lot of us if we can't use 3rd party courses on Console, especially in that my 2 favorite courses are 3rd party ones right now.

#13 Gasman

Gasman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:17 PM

3) XBOX One Port
4) Career Mode

• Moggy likes this

#14 Gasman

Gasman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:22 PM

I honestly thought PG was coming to the PS4 but from what I read here this isn't the case.

With probably double the sales potential over the XOne this seems to be a questionable decision.....or am I overlooking something.
  • MERACE likes this

#15 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:24 PM

I honestly thought PG was coming to the PS4 but from what I read here this isn't the case.

With probably double the sales potential over the XOne this seems to be a questionable decision.....or am I overlooking something.

For the time being, this is probably relevant...

But I'd imagine if the XB1 port goes well, they will bring it to PS at some point too.

#16 Gasman

Gasman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:41 PM

I can't see me investing in an XOne version if PG runs as badly as the other two leading golf games on Microsoft's console.

#17 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:55 PM

3) XBOX One Port

4) Career Mode

Being a new Xbox One owner (gets me away from the PC) and also highly interested in Career Mode, this is one of the most exciting posts I've read thus far regarding PG. You guys/gals are doing a great job following through with this title. :)

• Moggy likes this

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

#18 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:57 PM

I can't see me investing in an XOne version if PG runs as badly as the other two leading golf games on Microsoft's console.

EA Rory running great on my Xbox One.

• Moggy likes this

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

#19 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:00 PM

I would love it if there was some way of Mo-Capping Jack's swing from the 70's and also seeing a set of MacGregor clubs and a circa 1970's golf ball.

Looking forward to the new stuff all the same. Fun times.

#20 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:01 PM

You gotta remember two things, both of those games were developed prior to Windows 10 and DirectX 12 being integrated into the XBox One.  I think it will translate very well, given the nature of JNPG's graphics design, compared to TGC and particularly RM's.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users