Photo

Was Perfect Golf Officially Released ???

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:33 PM

Ok I noticed on Steam Perfect Golf is now JN PG so was it officially released ???

Thanks for reply 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#2 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:54 PM

Yes

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#3 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:57 PM

Didn't you ask that and receive your answer here? Multiple posts won't result in different answers.

http://www.perfectpa...s-perfect-golf/

Richard

Posted Image

#4 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:41 PM

Yeah but I wanted to figure out about Course Forge so they said many times earlier Course Forge would be released when Perfect Golf is released so are we still getting Course Forge for free someday ?? or has that changed ??  Thanks 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#5 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:02 PM

Yeah but I wanted to figure out about Course Forge so they said many times earlier Course Forge would be released when Perfect Golf is released so are we still getting Course Forge for free someday ?? or has that changed ??  Thanks 

Aw, understand. I don't know the current release plan for CF. I would hope that it's a 'free' release since that's been the party line from the beginning. However, things do change so who knows. I sure don't.

Richard

Posted Image

#6 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:31 PM

To be perfectly honest.....i personally hope that CF is not included and that it will cost (a little extra) for those who are interested in designing..

If you buy a video golf game (damn cheap) why should it also include a course designer....

CF, jmo, should be an extra cost.......

It would eliminate a whole lot of shiite...........again.........just me.......

• Crusher likes this

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#7 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:45 PM

To be perfectly honest.....i personally hope that CF is not included and that it will cost (a little extra) for those who are interested in designing..

If you buy a video golf game (damn cheap) why should it also include a course designer....

I totally agree - I've caught the vibe on the TGC forum that a bunch of people really are more interested in the design aspect than actually playing golf (which on TGC, I can understand).

There is definitely room to separate the 2 experiences, especially since CF has a much steeper learning curve.  It should really remain its own entity and endeavor for users.

• karma4u likes this

#8 Backspin000

Backspin000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:35 AM

I do not design golf courses myself.  Why should designers have to pay for CF so they can release courses for us to play for free.  I don't think its fair for designers.  Playing the same courses over and over would get boring to me. We need designers to keep this game going.  Just my two cents.

• Griz891 likes this

#9 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:56 AM

Why not include it. I'd say about 20% of the people are going to understand it and be able to design with it anyways. I'd hate to pay for something like CF and never ever understand it enough to even come close to remotely building a course. I'm not the least bit interested in it myself anymore, but I know alot of people have been anxiously waiting for it since the games inception with the assumption that it would be free with the purchase of the game. I just don't see to many people paying for it knowing full well that they will probably never understand the mechanics of building a course with it.

#10 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:14 AM

CF is not like the TGC design tool.  In the latter, you can press a button to create and upload a course.  No wonder there is so much rubbish.  To use CF, as I understand it, you have to learn to use Unity.  It'll take some time and dedication.  I doubt we'll have tens of thousands of courses to sift through.  I sure hope we see CF soon.  I suspect there are quite a few people with design skills unable yet, after all this time, to obtain it.

#11 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:11 AM

Let me restate...

I guess I don't feel that CF needs to necessarily be a separate purchase...but I do think it should be a separate product altogether for sure.

#12 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:54 AM

Andrew posted a couple of days ago that they hope to release CF in a couple of weeks.  There hasn't been any public posts about a fee for CF, so my guess is it's probably free.

So far, out of all the courses released by OGT, I don't think there's been a single turd....:)

#13 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:42 AM

I'm glad Jack Nicklaus has his name on this game the very First Golf Game I ever played on the pc was a Dos game and it was called Jack Nicklaus Golf or Jack Nicklaus Golf and Course Design or something you could play golf and design courses my buddy and I thought life could not get any better. 

jack-nicklaus-golf-course-design-signatu

I do find though that Perfect Golf - or Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf is better than the Dos version lol .. 

• mistajam likes this

#14 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:59 PM

I do not design golf courses myself.  Why should designers have to pay for CF so they can release courses for us to play for free.  I don't think its fair for designers.  Playing the same courses over and over would get boring to me. We need designers to keep this game going.  Just my two cents.

From the JN Perfect Golf presentation page:

"Nicklaus Design Course Forge is our Golf Course design software and is used in house by Nicklaus Design for all their golf course designs. You will get to use the same tools that one of the most award winning designers of all time uses. While it will not available at release, pending the conclusion of negotiations with vegetation content developers it will be released very soon. Already there are many user course creations that have been created by the community for the community. Community developed content can be played in Perfect Golf so long as you keep your game updated to the latest version."

==========

Maybe PP wants it to be for free, but they get stuck with the thing in orange above ,,,,, Its maybe so that there are more people/intrests who wants their bite of the cherry .... anyway if it comes to this , I wouldnt think that the cost would be that high ,,,, If it is I would probably pass due to the steep learning curve , and just play the courses ,,,, I have two other desiner programs to work in ,,,,

#15 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:06 PM

Many games include design or construction software. Both the Nicklaus and most of the Woods iterations had them, as well as many, many non-golf titles.  It makes the game more valuable if the community is producing content that keeps the game fresh. Perhaps few people will use it that wouldn't have paid for it anyway, but even a handful of extra content producers (and hopefully more) make a difference.

#16 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:43 AM

Many games include design or construction software. Both the Nicklaus and most of the Woods iterations had them, as well as many, many non-golf titles.  It makes the game more valuable if the community is producing content that keeps the game fresh. Perhaps few people will use it that wouldn't have paid for it anyway, but even a handful of extra content producers (and hopefully more) make a difference.

Sure, i understand all that......However, PP has been struggling for extra cash...CF is such a great design tool...Why not make some extra cash...It doesn't have to be a huge amount and it would help the studio.......

I have never used the free one at TGC...however, i would be more than happy to pay for CF, just to help the studio...

I am tired of EA and their BS....so, i would really like to see both these games succeed.......

These are like $20 - $30 games we are talking about.........Surely, most folks are not that cheap and would actually support buying a separate CF download.....

Also, the true designers who actually create awesome courses are already here..

Not necessary to name them, we all know who they are..

Then, added to their talent, some more folks who actually really want to design and create....

Consoles are now added, the game could be endless..Hey...."Maybe, i'm a dreamer".......

Damn..all that has lead to this...i make no apologies...one of the greatest songs in the world...

https://youtu.be/XLgYAHHkPFs

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#17 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:55 AM

Sure, i understand all that......However, PP has been struggling for extra cash...CF is such a great design tool...Why not make some extra cash...It doesn't have to be a huge amount and it would help the studio.......

I have never used the free one at TGC...however, i would be more than happy to pay for CF, just to help the studio...

I am tired of EA and their BS....so, i would really like to see both these games succeed.......

These are like $20 - $30 games we are talking about.........Surely, most folks are not that cheap and would actually support buying a separate CF download.....

Also, the true designers who actually create awesome courses are already here..

Not necessary to name them, we all know who they are..

Then, added to their talent, some more folks who actually really want to design and create....

Consoles are now added, the game could be endless..Hey...."Maybe, i'm a dreamer".......

I understand your position, and your concern for the people at PP making enough money, but....to reiterate part of my previous post:

"Perhaps few people will use it that wouldn't have paid for it anyway, but even a handful of extra content producers (and hopefully more) make a difference."

Many of the great course designers out there today learned because they took a crack at it because it was free (on one game or another). If JNPG can boast the number of courses that TW can (maybe someday...don't get me wrong...JNPG is a much better game in many ways), maybe there will be more sales (and better reviews).

• J.H.Buchanan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users