#81 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:10 PM

Nvidia 760. Really puzzled why that "Could not find config file (sceneload)" error message comes up after loading course.

I'm no expert but how bout taking a screenshot and posting it here? Then one of our local experts can help?

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#82 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:16 PM

I'm no expert, but this occurs nearly all the time, I think (I don't check the console very often!).  As I noted in Post 63, some settings aren't kept when you start a new round.  So, it might be best to do as Mike initially suggested - save your file as name.cfg and then after you've started your round, type exec name (and press enter!) in the console to load those 'presets'.  Of course you can use anything other than name, that was just an example.

#83 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:52 PM

Nvidia 760. Really puzzled why that "Could not find config file (sceneload)" error message comes up after loading course.

Everyone sees that I suspect, I do.

#84 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:06 PM

Everyone sees that I suspect, I do.

Yep, you are correct sir, I see that too..

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#85 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:34 PM

Yay! Solved it at last. I was baffled when setting a frame rate cap in autoexec config did cap the frame rate in the game intro menu area but not once the round started. It seems turning vsynch off does not in fact turn vsynch off - at least in RTS-M. Soon as the course loads, the game overrides your vsynch setting, even though it still shows as 'off' in settings. You have to start the round, then go into settings, turn vsynch on then off again. Then the framerate cap kicks in as specified in the config file. Maybe this only applies when RTS is set for some reason. Anyway, phew, sorted at last. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. 

#86 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:41 PM

turning vsynch off does not in fact turn vsynch off 

Do you happen to have a profile for PG in your Nvidia driver settings, or have you fiddled with the global settings? I've found* PG runs much better with no profile... basically the out of the box game settings.

*[Disclaimer] It's been at least 6-7 versions of PG since I tinkered with this, it could be completely different here 6 months later.

#87 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:33 PM

Do you happen to have a profile for PG in your Nvidia driver settings, or have you fiddled with the global settings? I've found* PG runs much better with no profile... basically the out of the box game settings.

*[Disclaimer] It's been at least 6-7 versions of PG since I tinkered with this, it could be completely different here 6 months later.

No, no profile, just as it is. I tried forcing SLI, true full screen, and frame cap globally with tweaks but didn't make any significant difference so backtracked on those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users