5 replies to this topic

#1 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:35 PM

I'm struggling in Unity Scene view to get close to my terrain to make adjustments to objects and terrain sloping. As I zoom in to region of interest, the bottom of the screen starts to wipe out like I'm disappearing into the terrain. I would love to edit with the view I am getting in the Game mode with the FPS controller. I am attaching 2 photos to show what I am talking about. Is this a limitation in Scene editing or am I missing something? As an aside, Rickie Fowler is a grass billboard (as suggested by K11) to maintain some sizing perspective. Is there anyway to make him continually face the camera but not flap in the wind? It's not really that important but I wait for him to straighten up before the screen capture.

AS3Eimc.jpg

2923Vb7.jpg

#2 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:30 PM

Pick an object in your scene click on it and press 'f' twice to focus the camera on it...it resets the camera and all should be good

Cheers RobC

#3 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:46 AM

Pick an object in your scene click on it and press 'f' twice to focus the camera on it...it resets the camera and all should be good

Cheers RobC

Nice. Thank you. I was wondering how I would ever contour a green with the view I was working from.

#4 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:10 AM

You can reduce the wind settings to make Ricky stand straight. I believe it's the "bend" slider in your terrain settings that needs to be set to 0. And he should always face your camera if you tick the "Billboard" box when you import him. To edit, just double click on Ricky again to bring up the edit window, and tick the box.

This terrain clipping issue of yours keeps popping up every now and then, most likely when you have the terrain selected and inadvertently click on F while changing perspective using the nearby WASDQE keys. So as Rob said, select a small object and click on F again.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#5 Quigs

Quigs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:37 AM

This has bugged me for some time and I always assumed it was my perspective - I always ended up click the heading icon in the upper right then moving back to where I was. Sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. Go figure there was an easy toggle to fix the issue. While were are on it - any idea why sometimes the scene gets darker - like a cloud is now in the way?

#6 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:14 AM

Several reasons, Quigs. Most likely a lighting issue.

In your lighting window, scene tab, set as follows:

Skybox: (drag in whichever you want)

Sun: Directional Light

Ambient Source: Color (go with the dark green one that will pop up)

Leave all the other settings, but in the sections below where it says

Precomputed Realtime GI

Baked GI

General GI

Fog

Untick the boxes, if ticked. 

And where it says Other Settings, scroll all the way down and untick the "Auto" box.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users