19 replies to this topic

#1 GolferMike

GolferMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:19 PM

Hi all hey with controller or mouse play game not playing right. On controller no full back swing or with RTS with mouse and click game does not stop or go at click??? Anyone else having these problems I did go into TGC and that works fine so not controller any tips hints or fixes. Thanks

#2 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:28 PM

What controller? What FPS are you getting?

Are you using the right stick or the left?

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#3 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:32 PM

His mouse isn't working either.
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#4 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:37 PM

His mouse isn't working either.

Yep which is why I asked about FPS.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#5 GolferMike

GolferMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:56 PM

Using xbox360 and left stick and my FPS between 50 and 70 FPS internet speed no problem?

#6 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:13 AM

You might have to re map to use left stick as I had same problem when I tried the Left stick.  If you use the default Right stick it should not be a problem.  No idea why the mouse is not working as your FPS is good.

#7 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:17 AM

I would suggest switching to the right thumbstick if you're using a conventional XBox 360 controller.  I strongly prefer the left thumbstick myself, but I've done plenty of testing that shows that when you opt to use the left thumbstick, the tuning settings it has with the default, right thumbstick settings don't follow when you opt to switch to the left thumbstick.  The left thumbstick is about 7 or 8 times more sensitive to swingpath deviations, in my experience, with multiple XBox 360 and XBox One controllers than the right.

I've remapped the right thumbstick to the left on my XBox One Elite controller, using that controller's profiling feature to get around that problem, but you have to have access to a tool that allows remapping for that to be an option.  I'm not saying that using the right thumbstick is going to cure the problem you're describing, but it will at least allow you to rule out the tuning discrepancy as a potential cause.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#8 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:21 AM

The left stick hasn't been working right for me in the latest few releases.  It worked OK at one point but the last time I tried it I could NOT get a full back swing to save my life.

Either find a way to remap the right stick to the left stick or simply use the right stick for now.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#9 GolferMike

GolferMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:30 AM

Thanks for all the info I will try to right stick see if that works. Got the mouse swing RTS back some what. I am seeing problems joining a game as game keeps telling me resetting connection my internet is working fine??? Oh by the way I did get the left stick on controller working a little but when I tryed to join a match problems started again FYI.

#10 GolferMike

GolferMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:40 AM

Ok set up right stick and have the same problem any button I use game is doing funny things or is very slow?

#11 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:53 AM

Ok set up right stick and have the same problem any button I use game is doing funny things or is very slow?

Have you checked the calibration of your controller in Windows control panel?  That'd be my next step, as it will tailor itself to the range of motion of the inputs of your thumbsticks when you're in the calibration mode.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#12 GolferMike

GolferMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:13 AM

Thanks for reply did calibration all set up no problems and still have same problems???

#13 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:20 AM

Do you have another controller plugged in?

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#14 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:51 AM

Do you have another controller plugged in?

Yeah, of any type, joystick, flightstick, steering wheel?

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#15 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:46 AM

Also have you applied any of the free cam sensitivity mods, those could restrict the joystick from full movement.

Edit: just checked those don't effect the swing.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#16 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:18 AM

Use xbox 360 and xbox one- wired   , both work all the time no problems here

Yep i converted to left stick, it sits higher up than the right, much easier to hit str8 shots 

gives a much easier thumb action down and up 

Works well and loving it , in between  , short shots , short putts  not so easy, 

#17 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:35 PM

Are the swing mechanics the same between TGC and JNPG?  For mouse RTS, there is no need for any click.  Make sure you're ending point with the mouse is 'after' the starting point.  That is, if you start at the top of your mouse pad and pull down for the backswing, you need to move the mouse farther up that the top of your mouse pad for the swing to start (and in case you're using my favourite, the horizontal mouse swing, the mouse must finish farther left than where you started the swing).

#18 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:20 PM

Are the swing mechanics the same between TGC and JNPG? For mouse RTS, there is no need for any click. Make sure you're ending point with the mouse is 'after' the starting point. That is, if you start at the top of your mouse pad and pull down for the backswing, you need to move the mouse farther up that the top of your mouse pad for the swing to start (and in case you're using my favourite, the horizontal mouse swing, the mouse must finish farther left than where you started the swing).

TGC and PG swing mechanics are worlds apart. With TGC it's far too easy to hit the ball straight even if you use the difficult driving option. Outside of hitting your driver though, there is no difficulty option so it gets far easier after you've hit your drive.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#19 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:29 PM

Hi mebby,

I have purchased TGC, but I don't have a controller and only use my mouse.  Putting in TGC remains a mystery to me at times (mouse swing).  Sometimes I'm way short, and other times it's waaay long!  I haven't spent any time (and probably won't) figuring it out, as JNPG is my much preferred game.

I was more asking about the physical controls - how far does the mouse move, when do you click, how far back the controller moves, etc. - rather than the relative difficulty of the in-game swing mechanic.  I was hoping to ensure GolferMike was using the controls in the 'proper' manner.  I could have worded my post much better, obviously!  :)

#20 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:46 PM

Hi mebby,

I have purchased TGC, but I don't have a controller and only use my mouse. Putting in TGC remains a mystery to me at times (mouse swing). Sometimes I'm way short, and other times it's waaay long! I haven't spent any time (and probably won't) figuring it out, as JNPG is my much preferred game.

I was more asking about the physical controls - how far does the mouse move, when do you click, how far back the controller moves, etc. - rather than the relative difficulty of the in-game swing mechanic. I was hoping to ensure GolferMike was using the controls in the 'proper' manner. I could have worded my post much better, obviously! :)

Ah... got it.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users