• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Meercat1983

Meercat1983

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:09 PM

Hi anyone using the sky trak with this software. I spent some serious time on it today and found that the Yardages were off compared to the sky trak range. The golf club had the same issue but added boost function. Just wanted to see if other people were having same issues. It's fantastic playable software and I love it but Yardages are becoming an issue. I also find that hitting chip shots from just off the green spin back silly amounts. Does anyone know if you have to select the club in the software that you are using as well

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:14 PM

I would suggest visiting http://www.onlinegolftour.net/

The guys there are playing JNPG with various simulator software, Sky Trak included.

;)

• zmax - sim likes this

#3 Snax

Snax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMississauga, Ontario, Canada

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:09 PM

I have a skytrak and I don't find any difference in yardage between the skytrak app and jnpg. I have been extremely happy with both.
  • johnmeyer likes this

#4 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:16 PM

Folks are finding out that ball placement can make a difference.   As Daz suggested, please visit OGT for Skytrak/PG discussions.  We are also running a simulator tour that includes GC2, TM, Skytrak, and soon ES16(beta).  Scores and stats are automatically entered into the site via PG's api.

P.S.

We are looking into adding TM Combine type events.

#5 Trip

Trip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:27 PM

I'm not seeing yardage problems but I have seen that ridiculous spin-back from chip shots off the green. I chipped a 7 iron this morning and it carried 2 ft and spun back 3ft. I checked the backspin numbers on the ST and it was 3,500 which sounds reasonable.

#6 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:32 PM

What was the LA?  

If LA is too low, 3 or less, it will get treated as a putt and spin back like crazy.

#7 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:34 PM

3500 spin, from a 2ft chip with a 7 iron.. that sounds very high to me. Also as Zmax says, what Launch angle was it as it could be a bit of a misread

With any shot you think is a bit screwy then make anot of all the ball data, ie the ball speed, launch angle, spins etc.

Can then try and plug it in to various pieces of software and see whats happening.

I would say nearly for certain there was a misread of some sort on that shot

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#8 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

Yeah I got to say if you hit it hard enough to only go 2 feet I can see any physics handling a spin rate of 3500 correctly.  I cant even figure out how you can generate that kind of spin hitting it so softly so its got to be bad data being fed into the game   

#9 Trip

Trip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:44 AM

I didn't note the launch angle I'm afraid. It could indeed have been a misread. ST has real trouble with that type of shot.

#10 #GCW

#GCW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:47 PM

Playing out there today I was getting a lot of shots giving 0 for launch direction, hugely frustrating. Ive pushed one way right and it's sailing straight as an arrow, anyone know if this is hardware related or JNPG related, only seen this since latest update , got lots of these 0 readings for HLA, completely ruins the accuracy of the device.

#11 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:51 PM

You're getting the zero reading from the PGSimConsole?  IF so, that reading is coming from the Skytrak unit.

#12 #GCW

#GCW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

Yes the sim console is giving zero regularly, skytrak must be broke

#13 Snax

Snax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:26 PM

On a similar topic...I find a lot of chips using my skytrak run forever. I play a lot of golf and I understand physics and slopes. Just wondering because if you play with the mouse a chip around the green stops very quickly. It seem to be the two extremes. I would love some comment on the physics and data used for people using the mouse.

Love the game and love the sim play. Keep up the good work!

#14 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:33 PM

On a similar topic...I find a lot of chips using my skytrak run forever. I play a lot of golf and I understand physics and slopes. Just wondering because if you play with the mouse a chip around the green stops very quickly. It seem to be the two extremes. I would love some comment on the physics and data used for people using the mouse.

Love the game and love the sim play. Keep up the good work!

In my experience, a Chip shot may runout, with all of the swing types; particularly when the green is not flat.

However, if you use a swing type with a power meter, and you have charted the distances... then it's possible to hit chips to the correct distance, assuming that the green is relatively flat.

I would gather that, playing with real equipment, it's a much more imprecise affair, when attempting to simulate fine distance control.

Also, you can chip with a 64 degree wedge, in this game... which has plenty of bite.

Do you actually use a 64 degree, in your home simulator?

#15 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:51 PM

Much improved short game in next update.

#16 Snax

Snax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:43 PM

In my experience, a Chip shot may runout, with all of the swing types; particularly when the green is not flat.
However, if you use a swing type with a power meter, and you have charted the distances... then it's possible to hit chips to the correct distance, assuming that the green is relatively flat.
I would gather that, playing with real equipment, it's a much more imprecise affair, when attempting to simulate fine distance control.
Also, you can chip with a 64 degree wedge, in this game... which has plenty of bite.
Do you actually use a 64 degree, in your home simulator?

I use a 60 degree wedge. I had a well spent youth on the golf course. I find golf games make chipping way too easy. But I find the inconsistency around the green using the sim makes it challenging to score. I need to hit more greens..lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Distances

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users