Dogga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUntied Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:50 AM

Gents/Ladies

How much would it cost for a client of mine to have their golf course replicated by one of you tekies?

Cheers

Andy

#2 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:28 AM

Interesting proposition...  so you are actually offering to pay a course designer to create a specific course?   I'm having a go at the course designer, but I am slowly learning and wish I had more time to speed up the process, but this offer is certainly the first that I've seen.  

#3 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:41 PM

I'm not volunteering, as I'm in no way worthy of doing courses justice, but when you say your clients courses, are they real courses or fictional layouts from his/her own imagination?

#4 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

I have been wondering when this would happen. There will be many golf clubs, indoor centers and private persons who want their own courses or favourite courses to be simulated for their own and commercial simulators in their Club houses, Indoor Centers, homes etc.. They just don't have time and skills to do those courses themselves.

I totally understand that somebody offers money for having a particular course for him-/herself or for his clients commercial center. Simulator supplier's client can spend for example 500$-1000$ for an extra private Course. Then supplier comes here where you guys do those for free with profit in his mind.

I only wonder if PP allows people to do business here in this forum.

#5 Dogga

Dogga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUntied Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:14 PM

I have been wondering when this would happen. There will be many golf clubs, indoor centers and private persons who want their own courses or favourite courses to be simulated for their own and commercial simulators in their Club houses, Indoor Centers, homes etc.. They just don't have time and skills to do those courses themselves.

I totally understand that somebody offers money for having a particular course for him-/herself or for his clients commercial center. Simulator supplier's client can spend for example 500$-1000$ for an extra private Course. Then supplier comes here where you guys do those for free with profit in his mind.

I only wonder if PP allows people to do business here in this forum.

Not here to cause hassle! not here to take away from PP in fact the opposite....Simply asking a straight forward question regarding cost of a skiiled operative to design a course. If I wish to take that further with PP i will contact them direct. The starting point for me is having the skills to acheive said goal. I am certain PP are not nieve and will chat with me at their convenience.. Regards Andy

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:52 PM

Dare we ask which course?
  • Dogga likes this

#7 Dogga

Dogga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUntied Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:04 PM

Dare we ask which course?

LOL Not at the mo, potentially have dozens in connection with another project, sorry to be vague....Doing drone work abroad 3 months photographing bloody courses. Can't wait :) at least I'll get a bronzy

#8 RBarley

RBarley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationEastern Pennsylvania

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

Most of us that design courses do it for free. I've designed courses for other golf titles and spend hundreds of hours on one course. If you would want to put a price tag on your time. You would never sell one course. The real courses that PP has been offering for sale at $6.00 each isn't that unreasonable in price, but would have to sell hundreds of one course to get a profit from it. Just my two cents.

#9 Dogga

Dogga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUntied Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:35 PM

Most of us that design courses do it for free. I've designed courses for other golf titles and spend hundreds of hours on one course. If you would want to put a price tag on your time. You would never sell one course. The real courses that PP has been offering for sale at $6.00 each isn't that unreasonable in price, but would have to sell hundreds of one course to get a profit from it. Just my two cenTS

Thats very good of you :)

#10 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:41 PM

I guess it could be something worth running past Andrew or Mike.

Are you just wanting a virtual rendition of a course creating, but not playable in PG?

If someone was willing to do your request, where would they stand regards accepting a fee from you while using software made available by PP.

I think it is a great idea all told, but definitely needs the small print ratifying by PP to what community designers can and cannot do when it comes to using CF.
  • Dogga likes this

#11 Dogga

Dogga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUntied Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:53 PM

I guess it could be something worth running past Andrew or Mike.

Are you just wanting a virtual rendition of a course creating, but not playable in PG?

If someone was willing to do your request, where would they stand regards accepting a fee from you while using software made available by PP.

I think it is a great idea all told, but definitely needs the small print ratifying by PP to what community designers can and cannot do when it comes to using CF.

I have been in touch with PP.... on the issue of using design software for performing a task surely every design software program on this planet has that issue, in fact not an issue at all...you can't stop that happening.  There are 576,534 golf holes Approx :) just shy of 36,000 golf courses. SOOOO if you designed a hole every 4 hours that would take 1,153.068 days that's 3,159 years of programming OH thats if you don't want a day off LMAO

#12 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:14 PM

We offer a full range of visualization services to golf courses and are currently doing one right now for a new development.  We also offer this to Nicklaus Clients as a part of their overall service offerings.  Prices are competitive in the industry and one of the outcomes is the course is playable in JNPG.  If your client wants to have this we are welcome to discuss it.

The version of Course Forge released with Perfect Golf is for non commercial purposes only without the express permission of Perfect Parallel.  

• Richard likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users