27 replies to this topic

#1 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:16 PM

I'm sorry, but the meter stutters whether some want to admit it or not.  Vsync on, vsync off, lower settings... doesn't make a lick of difference.  Hard to play the world's best golf sim when the swing meter isn't working right.  This should be a priority fix.  Please tell me if it's on my end...

Intel i7 4790

GTX 780's (playing in single card mode)

16gb's RAM

Win 10

Before everybody assumes that I am seeing things, most online players that use 3 click also bitch about this.  Not into the RTS stuff, so please tell me, if this is the best this is going to get, please let me know.  It really sucks to make all the correct calculations and have everything lined up perfectly only to see an 1/8 inch stutter when the darn thing get's within an inch of the snap... at which point it's a guessing game.  I don't like guessing games.

• Mike Kimpel SR and Golden Bear like this

#2 Kimmer1947

Kimmer1947

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:17 PM

I too have experienced the stuttering meter, and of course the stutter occurs between the 2nd and 3rd click...... Aaarrrggghhh!! 

My computer specs are similar to Sup's.  Is it possible that the stutter is associated with just certain courses?  I can go days without any issues, but the meter stuttering definitely occurred at Wingfoot during my tournament rounds. I have no illusions of winning the tournament, but the stuttering certainly cost me a few strokes. 

#3 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:18 PM

Ditto on Wingfoot Kimmer.  It was horrible.

#4 JOHNDALY91

JOHNDALY91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:06 AM

Happens to me also on occasion, makes those water shots on tour pro even more evil.

ASUS G750jx Laptop🚩Quad i7-4700🚩16 GB🚩Nvidia GTX 770m🚩256 SSD + 1 TB HD🚩17" 1080p🚩Win 10 pro

Dell Precision T5500🚩Dual Quad XEON(2)🚩24 GB RAM 🚩GTX 660🚩240 GB SSD + 1 TB HD🚩Blu-Ray🚩Win 10 pro

MS golf (PC) - PGA Tour 3 (Sega) - Tiger 99 (PC) - Tiger 08 (PC) - Tiger W Online (PC) - Perfect Golf (PC)

JohnDalyOGT

#5 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:20 AM

I play RTS and have similar specs and no problems but my question is are you using the PR feature as there is no stutter when on. With the 3C when I do fool around with it and have the PR set I have never experienced any stutter.

#6 balaceanca81

balaceanca81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:44 AM

What'PR'stands for?..i am a 3clicker also...Thanks....Tony.

#7 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:00 AM

What'PR'stands for?..i am a 3clicker also...Thanks....Tony.

Pause render

#8 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:49 AM

It's in settings and turn to on and your meter will be as smooth as cutting thru butter.

#9 Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:06 AM

It's in settings and turn to on and your meter will be as smooth as cutting thru butter.

It is about 90% of the time smooth but still not right with the new swing meter.

#10 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:11 AM

Not just the stutter, do you also notice the meter gets quicker after the 1st hole.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#11 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:19 PM

Since a recent update, I too get a constant stuttering on my meter and am getting fed up to the back teeth with it. On top of this, I am also getting, on occasion, lag that is worse than anything I have seen on any game. The last time I saw lag like this was when I first started out in the beta days of TWO and it was patently obvious that my system was well below necessary requirements. I get this stuuter and lag on PG and user created courses.

I recently upgraded my system from an AMD 965 quad CPU to an AMD FX 8370, a Radeon HD6870 to an Nvidia GTX 970 and from 8Gb RAM to 16Gb. Initially, results were very good but since that update, those results are gone effectively meaning I have spent all that money for nothing. The only reason I did the upgrade was to improve this experience and the PG update has wiped it all out and things are now actually worse than before I dipped into my pocket.

I stick by this game as I still firmly believe that it has massive potential. I can only hope that such fundamental issues are dealt with decisively before too long.

#12 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:28 PM

I play RTS and have similar specs and no problems but my question is are you using the PR feature as there is no stutter when on. With the 3C when I do fool around with it and have the PR set I have never experienced any stutter.

Unfortunately, it does stutter even with PR on.

Previously, all was well. I can stand a bit of lag just as long as the swing meter is nice and smooth but one of these recent updates has knocked it all on the head.

However, it does seem that maybe not everyone is affected but it does still need addressing. This is fundamental to the game.

• Perculator and Sup? like this

#13 flyer01

flyer01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:08 PM

The meter has stuttered from the very first day the game was given to us to use and continues to do so. PG have tried two " band-aid " fixes with the pause render and more recently the colored fill meter. Neither has worked. I don't think they'll get it fixed unless they look deeper into the way it's made and why it stutters in the first place. We really shouldn't even have a need for the Pros at all. The swing meter should be flawless.

• Perculator likes this

ASUS ROG LAPTOP,  i7-4720HQ, G-sync IPS, 16GB, 1TB HDD, 256GB PCIEG2 SSD, GTX970M GDDR5, WIN. 8.1

#14 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

Wrong.  It's been on since they implemented it and it still stutters. As Noel said, it's most definitely THE fundamental of the game and it needs fixing.

• Perculator likes this

#15 JOHNDALY91

JOHNDALY91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

Having a 100% smooth meter should be a priority, on pro and tour pro it is essential.

Mine is ok 90% but that 10% can destroy a round on tour pro.
  • Perculator, mistajam, Sup? and 1 other like this

ASUS G750jx Laptop🚩Quad i7-4700🚩16 GB🚩Nvidia GTX 770m🚩256 SSD + 1 TB HD🚩17" 1080p🚩Win 10 pro

Dell Precision T5500🚩Dual Quad XEON(2)🚩24 GB RAM 🚩GTX 660🚩240 GB SSD + 1 TB HD🚩Blu-Ray🚩Win 10 pro

MS golf (PC) - PGA Tour 3 (Sega) - Tiger 99 (PC) - Tiger 08 (PC) - Tiger W Online (PC) - Perfect Golf (PC)

JohnDalyOGT

#16 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:54 AM

Had my first big jump yesterday as i was about to click on the snap it jumped 5% past, now i'm nervous of it.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#17 mistajam

mistajam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:46 AM

I also got this stuttering occasionaly ... like JohnDaly described .... specially unpleasant in a TP Tournament ... "Mine is ok 90% but that 10% can destroy a round on tour pro. "  even with pauserender on (use PR since it came up)

This is the exact reason why i wish that the shot abortion comes back to TP .... like its available in any other classic virtual golfgame ... but i'm somehow nearly dare to bring this up again ... because the last two times ... i was told (for me it felt a bit rude) ... "SIMPLY OWN YOUR SWING" ... and "OTHER GOLFGAMES dont have this" .... what is not true .....

#18 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:32 PM

This is probably too simplistic but in my pea brain it seems during the "10% stutter" there is still extra stuff still going on in the background that is not being handled enough with pause render. I'm assuming ALL animation is paused except for the swing (including birds, trains, waving trees and grass, etc). If ALL is paused except for swing I wouldn't think it would be a problem - gotta be more going on - a leak somewhere. Another thought is to make a log of when stuttering occurs. Could it be a course design problem on certain tees or certain areas of the course. Does it stutter at all on a green which normally has tamer graphics? Anyway those are my thoughts. I use motion swing so my stuttering is manageable even with 15 fps (see below).

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#19 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:22 PM

I will just say this. Since it was implemented in part because TW08 used it, it should have NO stutter. You never ever ever had any stutter with the TW08 3 click meter and I mean never and since PG has tried to replicate the Pause Render On Swing that TW08 used, they need to do some more work.. I bet a lot of folks didn't even know that TW08 and earlier used this method because it is almost seamless and has no stutter, period..

Now I will say, when PROS first came out for this game, it was beautiful. There was no stutter. So something IMO has happened along the way. Hell when PROS was activated I used to get around 200 fps during my swing, now, I'm down to the 100's and even lower sometimes..

I hope PG will revisit PROS as it is no where close to the 300fps's I get in TW08...

Oh and IMO this meter is still way to big and way to slow... ;) I could smoke a cigar while waiting for the meter to come back on long putts..

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#20 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:47 PM

Now I showed this to the devs before they implemented this feature and they liked it.. I'm not taking credit for this but this is what I showed them..

Notice upper right hand corner, I'm taken to almost 500 fps during my swing..With an avg. of 50 fps when not swinging..

IMO something has taken a toll of PG's PROS..

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users