3 replies to this topic

#1 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:48 PM

So far I'm laying down a water plane that's just slightly smaller than the entire terrain.  Wherever I need the hazard to come into play I just dig down to it, especially for a winding creek.  

Is there a drawback to this method if all the water will be inland and look the same?  Does it introduce too much unnecessary mesh? (Not sure if I'm phrasing that correctly)

• MSNYCsoarrom likes this

#2 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:12 PM

The only drawback I found with one large water plane was that you can hit the water level when lowering ground for things such as bunker creation. With separate smaller water planes this would not be an issue.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#3 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:24 PM

Yeah I've had to raise the terrain of certain holes with bunkers to avoid this issue Acrilix.  

#4 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:27 PM

Also will depend on how you want your levels, and if your water is "natural" lakes or man made, as if single plane then all will same level. If for example you have a like on a higher terrain the water level would need to be higher there so if single plane would flood your lower levels ?

I did each of mine individually for this reason

As an aside I've nearly finished my unity only Heacham manor. Did a standalone build of it and only comes out at 20mb file? Seems to work though but seems small doesn't it?

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users