#21 Bob5453

Bob5453

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationNear Dayton, Ohio

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:42 PM

At any age building a computer saves money and teaches a person about technology. That's just plain smart.  I never advise a true gamer to buy one if they have the courage to build one. (strictly desktop/tower computers)

The same could be said for planting your own garden, building your own shed, working on your own car, etc. These are all good things to do, but one has to budget their free time in life to do the things they want to do. Many people enjoy tinkering around the house and fixing stuff.... I'd rather sit in my lounge chair drinking a beverage and watch them work. :)

46sby3-5.png

#22 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:00 PM

At any age building a computer saves money and teaches a person about technology. 

More so the latter than the former these for many types of build really.  On the whole I agree with you though, which is why I still enjoy doing it.

But again - The massive majority of normal people using computers, many of whom will enjoy a game here and there, have no need to touch this sort of project.  Computers are rapidly becoming largely closed up and more integrated units, much like has happened to many cars these days that are as much electronics and software as they are open and simple hardware components.

Building PC's is definitely a niche activity.

#23 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:21 PM

The same could be said for planting your own garden, building your own shed, working on your own car, etc. These are all good things to do, but one has to budget their free time in life to do the things they want to do. Many people enjoy tinkering around the house and fixing stuff.... I'd rather sit in my lounge chair drinking a beverage and watch them work. :)

Be sure to buy something high mid-range so you don't have to tweak the hardware. ;)

http://www.perfectpa...aphics-quality/

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#24 Bob5453

Bob5453

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationNear Dayton, Ohio

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:13 AM

Be sure to buy something high mid-range so you don't have to tweak the hardware. ;)

http://www.perfectpa...aphics-quality/

I bought this....

http://www.perfectpa...0-yet/?p=100585

46sby3-5.png

#25 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:29 AM

I posted this in the other topic too. You should able to play with Quality maxed-out as I do.

jnpgmaxedout_zpskvjl233i.jpg

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#26 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:14 AM

I posted this in the other topic too. You should able to play with Quality maxed-out as I do.

What resolution?

That is literally the important question when somebody says "quality maxed out".

Also - What sort of FPS are you getting on your settings & resolution on a few different course examples?

All helpful stuff for all to see

#27 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:02 AM

That outta do it!!  LOL!!

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#28 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:04 AM

Sorry Crusher but I'm not buying that unless you're poking along at 15-20fps or playing on 680x480 resolution.  I had the 970 and I usually played on some doctored up high settings.  Even with my new 1080 I have to babysit the Ultra High settings in order to keep my FPS above 45 or so at all times.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#29 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:36 PM

Mebbe. You do realize that my posts are not aimed at you. They are for the others in this topic.  Stop trolling me.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#30 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:49 PM

Mebbe. You do realize that my posts are not aimed at you. They are for the others in this topic.  Stop trolling me.

Hardly a trolling attempt Crusher.  I'm engaging in conversation pertaining to the thread topic and in response to your contribution to the thread topic.  

Forums are for discussing and sometimes debating topics.  It would appear that you do not like the debate part.  So you can either participate or not participate, but it's not acceptable for you to participate and then try to censor responses that you do not like and/or call people trolls simply because they may have a different view from you or are seeking further information from one of your posts.

So if you'd like to engage in a forum discussion like a big boy then read further. 

What resolution are you running at on those settings and what FPS are you seeing with those setting?  I ask because I'm running a stronger GPU than you have and I can't get anywhere near those settings on 1920x1080 resolution with consistently acceptable framerates.  I'd asked in another thread if you though I'd see any FPS boost by upgrading my CPU... which is again why I'm trying to understand what sort of results you are seeing with your settings and your particular setup.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#31 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:48 PM

Mebbe. You do realize that my posts are not aimed at you. They are for the others in this topic. Stop trolling me.

If you don't want answer Mebby, why not answer Buck's post #26?

Its a valid post. Seeing as you're keen to help folks play the game 'maxed out' you could share some more detail and maybe even post a few videos of your 'maxed out' adventures.

Anyone can crank up the settings to max and take a screenshot, while obscuring some other important info. eg. Resolution and whether windowed or full screen.
  • Tigers Agent and mebby like this

#32 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:11 PM

If you don't want answer Mebby, why not answer Buck's post #26?

Its a valid post. Seeing as you're keen to help folks play the game 'maxed out' you could share some more detail and maybe even post a few videos of your 'maxed out' adventures.

Anyone can crank up the settings to max and take a screenshot, while obscuring some other important info. eg. Resolution and whether windowed or full screen.

Quoting Daz: "Anyone can crank up the settings to max and take a screenshot".

Therefore:
That means you and mebbe are insinuating that I am a liar. Which puts you in the same boat as mebbe.  Daz, I don't BS people in here about techie stuff. They rely on me for facts and in-depth subjective experiences.

I thought you were over these personal attacks in the forum. Shame on you! 

You both can enjoy derailing this topic together. I'm outta this topic. Holy Moly! :rolleyes:

Proof since you need it. B)   FPS averages 60 to 80.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#33 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:20 PM

Sorry, I couldn't see in my post where I said 'Crusher is a liar'.

Read in to it what you will.

As for it being a personal attack, don't make me f'kin laugh.

You've even said in your response above, folks rely on you for in depth experiences. Just posting a screenshot is not in depth. It's just a half of it.

Thank you for posting the video. It was all you needed to do in the first place. Maybe making the FPS counter visible might also make it more in depth.

#34 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:27 PM

Default Ultra High 1920 x 1080 Game/Resolutions - Windowed Mode   FPS avg.  60 to 80

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#35 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:34 AM

Quoting Daz: "Anyone can crank up the settings to max and take a screenshot".

Therefore:
That means you and mebbe are insinuating that I am a liar. Which puts you in the same boat as mebbe.  Daz, I don't BS people in here about techie stuff. They rely on me for facts and in-depth subjective experiences.

I thought you were over these personal attacks in the forum. Shame on you! 

You both can enjoy derailing this topic together. I'm outta this topic. Holy Moly! :rolleyes:

Proof since you need it. B)   FPS averages 60 to 80.

Sigh... Crusher, you honestly need to stop sulking and playing the victim card all the time man.  Neither myself nor Daz called you a liar.  It would be one thing if you responded to the questions and THEN we told you we didn't believe you but you chose to go there on your own before actually participating in the conversation.

But... all that crap aside.  I'm still genuinely intrigued as to how you are achieving these results?  What do you get when you play the particularly draining holes at Augusta?  Can you give me a rundown of your equipment?  Again, these are honest questions because I'm still baffled (NOT calling you a liar) as to how you are getting significantly different results from me when I have a more powerful GPU.  Is it your CPU, your RAM, or what?

Again, I'm seriously not calling you a liar, I'm trying to LEARN how you are getting these results.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#36 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:39 AM

Also, to be fair, I'm playing on Ultra High with Dynamic Sky turned on and playing late in the day (long shadows).  I've also got Rays and Flares on.

I guess I should try maxing out the draw distances and turning off dynamic sky to see how happens.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#37 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:59 AM

OK.  I think I now see what's going on.  Crusher has selected two courses that are very easy on the FPS.  I just absolutely maxed out all my settings (again, with a GTX 1080) and I got a solid 60fps (my 4K TV has a max refresh rate of 60hz so 60fps is the max I'll ever see) on these same holes that he was playing.

Crusher - do me a favor and max out your settings and play Augusta holes 2 and 13 and tell me what your FPS situation is.  On the tee box on hole 2 at August (max settings but middle of the day, not sunset and long shadows) I was getting 29-30fps.  It got better from the fairway but only up to around 45.  Hole 13 tee box I was mid 20's to upper 20's.  From the fairway I was in the mid 30's and on the green I was back to 60.

If you're getting similar or better results than I'm getting please take a video (showing your FPS counter) and please tell me your system specs because I'll sell my 1080 and then buy whatever you're using.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#38 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:32 AM

Not sure what is going on here. I don't see the point in harassing someone when they post info about how they play the game and with what settings. No one has to prove anything here, it's not a court of law and no-one is on trial. People are allowed to have an opinion and constantly questioning and derailing topics is not productive IMO. Not sure crusher ever claimed that he got a solid 60 fps on every course available for the game, hell I could easily make a course and plant a million trees and it would run at 5 fps on the very fastest computers.

Many of the courses that are released by the community will be badly optimized you can count on that. We provide information on how to optimize them but whether or not the creator of the course wants to heed the information is entirely down to them.

• Crusher likes this

#39 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:00 PM

Not sure what is going on here. I don't see the point in harassing someone when they post info about how they play the game and with what settings. No one has to prove anything here, it's not a court of law and no-one is on trial. People are allowed to have an opinion and constantly questioning and derailing topics is not productive IMO. Not sure crusher ever claimed that he got a solid 60 fps on every course available for the game, hell I could easily make a course and plant a million trees and it would run at 5 fps on the very fastest computers.

Many of the courses that are released by the community will be badly optimized you can count on that. We provide information on how to optimize them but whether or not the creator of the course wants to heed the information is entirely down to them.

The point is that Crusher indicated that someone can play this game with maxed out settings (higher than stock ultra high) with a run of the mill GTX970. I had that card and ran on high settings and got good performance most of the time. Running on stock ultra high (not maxed out) was problematic on a majority of the courses available. This holds true of stock and user built courses.

So my point was really two fold... If Crusher is somehow squeezing out better performance I want to know how as this information is helpful for everyone. And second, if the information he provided was the exception and not the rules, I think it's important for people to understand that as well.

I mean, I could tell you that I can drive the ball 375 yards on average. But if my claim.is only based on hitting the ball 100 feet downhill with a 75 mph tailwind then I think most would agree that I was being quite deceptive right?

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#40 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:46 PM

The point is that Crusher indicated that someone can play this game with maxed out settings (higher than stock ultra high) with a run of the mill GTX970. I had that card and ran on high settings and got good performance most of the time. Running on stock ultra high (not maxed out) was problematic on a majority of the courses available. This holds true of stock and user built courses.

So my point was really two fold... If Crusher is somehow squeezing out better performance I want to know how as this information is helpful for everyone. And second, if the information he provided was the exception and not the rules, I think it's important for people to understand that as well.

I mean, I could tell you that I can drive the ball 375 yards on average. But if my claim.is only based on hitting the ball 100 feet downhill with a 75 mph tailwind then I think most would agree that I was being quite deceptive right?

I have a GTX 770 and never find a need to change my settings away from the stock ultra high. People's tolerance for occasional FPS hits on some views varies but I can only imagine how much better it would be on a gtx1080.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users