#1 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:48 PM

JNPG is a long way from where PG was in the early days, that's for sure.  The game, as is, is great in my opinion but I think we need a few more things to really make it pop.  I know that the team is far from done so this post isn't meant to imply that they are done or that they really need this list in order to create a road-map but I just thought it would be helpful (maybe just cathartic as we wait) for us to list the big picture items that will take this game to the next level.

My list:

• 3D grass (PP is working on this I believe).  I think one of the reasons that Troon looks so good is because of all the tall grass that is covering the normal rough textures.
  • Updated animations with more unique swing styles and a more lively golfer (I think PP is working on this)
  • Improved water reflections
  • Further RTS refinement.  Mainly eliminating the ugly pause at the top of the swing.  This needs to be more seamless.
  • Further tweaking of short game on TP level (short game is too easy at the moment on all swing methods)
  • Possibly further tweaking of RTSC swing.  Mostly on woods.  Simply to better align RTSC driving stats with other swings
  • Better use of the overhead map like the addition of yardage indicators that you would see on modern day yardage books.
  • A canned (or easily accessible) putting view camera that gets you down to the ground level for reading putts without grids.  Tweaking the Free Cam speeds is a huge help here but I'd rather have the normal fast camera for other purposes while having a dedicated way to quickly get down to ground level for reading putts

What would be on your list?

• frank70 and StoneComet like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#2 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:03 PM

and 1, Mebby.

I think a really deep career mode - something that is way better than we have seen thus far - could turn heads. Maybe even from the Rory crowd. At least that would be a part of the game that is a.) important to many sports gamers and b.) has the most potential to edge the opponents games.

• Ansley and footslogger like this

#3 FreeBolt

FreeBolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:48 PM

I think the game needs a more competitive environment. The lobby needs something to draw the people, maybe a ladder with a leader-board showing the top ranked players. I will leave it up to people smarter then I as to what it might be, but we need something.

• Ted_Ball and tlvx like this

#4 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:51 PM

All of the above and a new GUI in the Main Menu to make things more intuitive for us and newer users. I believe I read they are working on this.....

• footslogger likes this
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#5 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:53 PM

All of the above and a new GUI in the Main Menu to make things more intuitive for us and newer users. I believe I read they are working on this.....

Probably .... soon  :D .

Sorry, i couldn't resist. I know the devs are working their tails off.

• DivotMaker likes this

#6 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:55 PM

Probably .... soon  :D .

Sorry, i couldn't resist. I know the devs are working their tails off.

Touche'.....

PC

Xbox One X

#7 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:01 PM

A powerstroke swing mechanic

-Stephen Sullivan

Kidding!  I liked powerstroke as well.  

But seriously...CourseForge 

• Stephen Sullivan and Golfdoer like this

#8 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:03 PM

The freecam for reading putts, IMO, could be the killer feature in this game if you could actually do it w/o bouncing up. It's really not meant to be used for this but think of it as a first person view for reading the green, adjust the capabilities of the movement, call it a feature.

And a fine one indeed. Much more innovative than the BLI.   (yea, I know, the BLI was from Links)

• erwildcat, frank70, Ted_Ball and 1 other like this

#9 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:08 PM

How about tweak the FAT code in the game. No way it should take such a strong cpu/vid card combo for this game. The FPS games out there that have alot more rendering going on than this game and yet....it stresses out the cpu/vid card.
  • Pappy, RobV and Alpedra like this

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#10 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

How about tweak the FAT code in the game. No way it should take such a strong cpu/vid card combo for this game. The FPS games out there that have alot more rendering going on than this game and yet....it stresses out the cpu/vid card.

That is an issue with Unity....Unity 5.4 will be releasing in the near future and according to Andrew they are seeing massive FPS gains with better rendering outcomes.

• Fairwayman and StoneComet like this
PC

Xbox One X

#11 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:45 PM

That is an issue with Unity....Unity 5.4 will be releasing in the near future and according to Andrew they are seeing massive FPS gains with better rendering outcomes.

When we say "massive FPS gains" what does that mean I wonder?  Like adding 10-15FPS or 2-5?  If it's in thet 10-15FPS I wonder if this could be the sort of gains necessary to start enabling proper water reflections and 3D grass?

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#12 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:51 PM

Mebby, your list ticks just about all the boxes for me, although in Pro difficulty with RTSC I'm not finding it too easy to hit fairways with the woods.  I'm under 50% right now with it.  

What I would add is the ability to play with recorded rounds, where you don't know what score the other player shot, with the OPTION of playing against/with those recorded rounds in simultaneous ghost rounds.  For these 'ghost' rounds, I'd like to see the option to at least have the recorded player play their shots by the "order of play" rules.  Let's say you were 45 feet out hitting a chip shot and your ghost opponent was 40 feet away, I'd want their shot to go off - with nothing more than an icon to denote their ball - as soon as your ball had come to rest, without having to wait for an animation to appear, fidget, aim, and then hit their shot.  Please note that I would want this as an option, as I know it wouldn't sit well with some.

Secondly, I would want to have the option to force a reverse angle snap view of all putts greater than 15 feet.  I'm tired of not seeing a lot of my putts roll out to the finish.

• StoneComet likes this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#13 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:52 PM

I don't remember the numbers exactly, but Andrew mentioned it on the last Twitch broadcast.  They ran a 5.4 version of Golden Meadows on a Surface tablet and FPS went from (approx) 25 to 45.  I seem to remember thinking, "Wow, almost doubled on a non-gaming platform!"  I could be miss-remembering too.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#14 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

When we say "massive FPS gains" what does that mean I wonder?  Like adding 10-15FPS or 2-5?  If it's in thet 10-15FPS I wonder if this could be the sort of gains necessary to start enabling proper water reflections and 3D grass?

This is huge.     Upgrade to unity 5.4 resulted in more doubled FPS in their tests.

This was reported in the latest Twitch feed from Castle Pines....

• Fairwayman likes this
PC

Xbox One X

#15 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:58 PM

Mebby, your list ticks just about all the boxes for me, although in Pro difficulty with RTSC I'm not finding it too easy to hit fairways with the woods.  I'm under 50% right now with it.  

I am at 60% FIR and 52% GIR after 1859 holes of Tour Pro.....agreed.

PC

Xbox One X

#16 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:02 PM

I don't remember the numbers exactly, but Andrew mentioned it on the last Twitch broadcast.  They ran a 5.4 version of Golden Meadows on a Surface tablet and FPS went from (approx) 25 to 45.  I seem to remember thinking, "Wow, almost doubled on a non-gaming platform!"  I could be miss-remembering too.

Wow.  I tried to run PG on my Surface Tablet months ago and couldn't even get double digit FPS on the lowest settings so I'm confused by this.  Maybe they had one of the newer, more powerful ones.  But either way - those sorts of FPS increases are very encouraging and should pave the way for more eye candy down the road.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#17 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

Wow.  I tried to run PG on my Surface Tablet months ago and couldn't even get double digit FPS on the lowest settings so I'm confused by this.  Maybe they had one of the newer, more powerful ones.  But either way - those sorts of FPS increases are very encouraging and should pave the way for more eye candy down the road.

It mostly depends on what GPU is in your Surface tablet. If it is Intel, understandable. If nVidia or AMD, might try it again.....

PC

Xbox One X

#18 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

My list:

• Balance 3C missed snap penalty for long, short game and putting or even better redo the whole 3C experience.
  • Ditch the static wind indicator at PR and TP levels.
  • Ability to select wind setting for normal round the same as we have for practice rounds.
  • Pin numbers and ability to select by numbers.
  • Ability to select custom tees.
  • More hardness option and differentiate between green and fairway firmness 
  • Rough thickness/penalty slider, no course always plays the same.
  • Dust particles on full pick sand shots but a little smaller than splash shots
  • Improved chipping physics, it's getting better...
  • View replay from any freecam position

Just to name a few...   ;)

• DivotMaker likes this

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#19 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:45 PM

My list:

• Balance 3C missed snap penalty for long, short game and putting or even better redo the whole 3C experience.
  • Ditch the static wind indicator at PR and TP levels.
  • Ability to select wind setting for normal round the same as we have for practice rounds.
  • Pin numbers and ability to select by numbers.
  • Ability to select custom tees.
  • More hardness option and differentiate between green and fairway firmness 
  • Rough thickness/penalty slider, no course always plays the same.
  • Dust particles on full pick sand shots but a little smaller than splash shots
  • Improved chipping physics, it's getting better...
  • View replay from any freecam position

Just to name a few...   ;)

Some good gems in that list.  I love the rough thickness/penalty slider idea.  That's awesome! 

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#20 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:55 PM

A powerstroke swing mechanic

-Stephen Sullivan

Kidding!  I liked powerstroke as well.  

But seriously...CourseForge 

Beyond caring about either now to be honest. Certainly can't be bothered to design courses that I can't play how I want to  :rolleyes:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users