6 replies to this topic

#1 saramago

saramago

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:33 AM

Hi guys,

As a Links Animasters club designer, i would like to know if there will be any kind of program like Golfer Utility where the player can make his own clubs?

BTW, does Perfect Golf have any kind of Career Mode program like  Links Corner' GBVT?

Thanks

#2 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

Hi guys,

As a Links Animasters club designer, i would like to know if there will be any kind of program like Golfer Utility where the player can make his own clubs?

BTW, does Perfect Golf have any kind of Career Mode program like  Links Corner' GBVT?

Thanks

I'm also very interested in these options since I've done extensive 'apparel' design work in Links. While I have not used GBVT, I have also created and published Career Mode Rosters and Tournaments in Links. I hope that PG implements a Career Mode, but one much more robust, efficient and user friendly than exists in Links.

I know that has been discussions on this subject, but I don't expect it to be part of the initial release and it may be a few versions down the road.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#3 saramago

saramago

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

Thanks Richard,

It would bel nice having a discussion fórum about this subject where everyone could contribute.

#4 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

Thanks Richard,

It would bel nice having a discussion fórum about this subject where everyone could contribute.

What's wrong with using this topic for discussion. Doesn't really need a separate forum topic IMO.

Richard

Posted Image

#5 saramago

saramago

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

Ok, good idea Richard. So, i'll keep in touch right here with this topic in the near future.

Thanks

#6 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:21 PM

I posted the following a few months ago. I think realistic scoring is a very important part of an immersive career mode. If the scoring of the A.I. feels out of wack there isn't much fun playing a career mode. It would be great to gather more ideas on that subject.

The subject i want to discuss is AI scoring in golf games. The term immersion has been used in a lot of different threads and topics. For me a very important part of computer golfing is taking part in a tour (almost certainly, there will not be PGA Tour with real names and characters in the game because of licensing costs and the contract EA has with the PGA). My hope is, that perfect parallel puts time into creating a career mode, where all the parameters (Tour schedule, Fedex Cup, World Rankings, maybe a wec.com tour) are represented. If it would be customizable, i'm sure the community will come up with real tournament schedules and realistic player rosters.

And now for the scoring: rubber band scoring is often used as a term related to Tiger Woods games. There simply isn't put enough work into developing a realistic scoring formula. I see two possibilities to recreate realistic AI scoring:

Statistic based scoring:

- every player has a base score for a round of golf which simply is his average scoring on the PGA Tour

- better would be the average scoring divided in par 3, par 4 and par 5 scoring

- these averages decide the possiblity of making birdie, par or bogey

- the base score would be influenced by factors like (only a few, more are imaginable):

• difficulty of the hole (must be determined before the round)
  • weather condition and conditions of the course
  • form (last results as a factor)
  • aggressivness of player (more agression results in more birdies, but can result in more bogeys or double bogeys as well)
  • temper and or confidence: How a player reacts to a bad start of a round, or a good.
  • health (lingering injury) or fatigue (fourth or fifth tournament in a row?)

Golf simulator:

There is already a text based golf sim on the market. The outcome of every shot is calculated based on ratings of the players in different shot categories.

This outcome could be influenced by

• width of fairway, slope of fairway, shot shaping required yes or no
  • length of iron shots
  • width and depth of the green
  • slope and severity of breaks on the green
  • length of putt
  • etc.

This is not a complete list, but i think we could discuss some of these points. It would be a great enhancement to the game, to have realistic AI scoring. I'm so tired of scores like 65-66-65-66  or 61-82-62-80.

• Davefevs and ✠ davef ✠ like this

#7 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

....and lots and lots of stats to go with it!
  • ✠ davef ✠ likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users