#1 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:27 PM

Well just when you think this game has shown you everything #12 at Merion happens and you are shaking your head again.  Now this hole has been a pain in my behind for some time but today I hit a perfect drive and then hit a great wedge to 7 feet left of the hole and am one happy camper.  Then my trusty caddie and I walk up to the green and look at the putt and know this will take all of our skill as the break is severe but past the hole will be very bad.  So I hit my putt way soft to keep it slow and it just brushes the hole barely getting there and then low and behold it slowly keeps rolling and then picks up speed and ends up 35 ft from the hole in the rough.  Now at this point Leonard suggest the Lob Shot and I look at him like are you crazy but what the hell and hit what I think is a great shot only to have the stupid little ball come back to my feet.  After chewing Leonard for being the stupidist caddie on tour I pull out my putter since its at least in the fairway and proceed to leave it about 3 ft short and then clean up my fine double bogey on my way to a brilliant 75.  I must say that was the most fun I have ever had making a double bogey as it was quite real and would have happened in real life as it was just a place where you cant leave yourself that type of putt with a stimp of 13 but hey sometimes we just hope to be on the green.  Great game and just love how it plays.

• robbiet71 likes this

#2 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

Ouch, that was a tough pin placement.

#3 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:10 PM

Well just when you think this game has shown you everything #12 at Merion happens and you are shaking your head again.  Now this hole has been a pain in my behind for some time but today I hit a perfect drive and then hit a great wedge to 7 feet left of the hole and am one happy camper.  Then my trusty caddie and I walk up to the green and look at the putt and know this will take all of our skill as the break is severe but past the hole will be very bad.  So I hit my putt way soft to keep it slow and it just brushes the hole barely getting there and then low and behold it slowly keeps rolling and then picks up speed and ends up 35 ft from the hole in the rough.  Now at this point Leonard suggest the Lob Shot and I look at him like are you crazy but what the hell and hit what I think is a great shot only to have the stupid little ball come back to my feet.  After chewing Leonard for being the stupidist caddie on tour I pull out my putter since its at least in the fairway and proceed to leave it about 3 ft short and then clean up my fine double bogey on my way to a brilliant 75.  I must say that was the most fun I have ever had making a double bogey as it was quite real and would have happened in real life as it was just a place where you cant leave yourself that type of putt with a stimp of 13 but hey sometimes we just hope to be on the green.  Great game and just love how it plays.

Great post.  Sadly though 98% of the multiplayer lobby does not know that the 10 stimp can be changed.  All the fun and skill at playing this game starts at 12 stimp and higher.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#4 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:19 AM

Agreed SirGC, plus a bit of wind (lots) and firm makes it even more fun!

• SirGrassCutter likes this

#5 BionicWolf

BionicWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

I'd  go further by saying condition changes (stimp/hardness and wind) will make it more fun Ian and that to me; it'd feel like a new game.  I get a joy deep inside from a "PERFECT" approach that spins beck into the cup on a slanted green....of course, using the changes-FUN is the operative term for me.

My profile shows my games as well as my JNPG hours...Just chimi'n in at any mention of this sim being FUN.- It STILL IS for me -

• Fairwayman likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users