#1 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

My brother has very kindly just bought me a Wacom Intuos 5 Graphics Tablet !!! I've hardly had the chance to use it yet, but I would imagine that it is going to be fantastic to use with the Course Forge. I've always found drawing with a mouse to be a nightmare in the past, even though I have an art based history, and have spent as much time correcting mistakes as producing the original creations! :lol:

Will it be as good to use a graphics tablet with Course Forge as I imagine?

Has a tablet already been used with Course Forge by Mike or others, or has everything just been produced using a mouse?

• Kablammo11 likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

I have a Wacom myself (intuos4) - I can use the pen as a substitute for every app I open (not that I do, but I could) and can even create special settings for the apps I use. I don't think that will be a problem and I, too, plan to use a tablet for the CF.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

Yes confirming that tablets work with Courseforge. I'm a mouse guy but others have used tablets with no issues.

• Acrilix likes this

#4 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

I used my tablet just now without a problem. To work with the interface and click on buttons a mouse is better, but I find that applying terrain tools and drawing outlines are easier with a pen. If you are working inside the Viewer window, press the space bar to get into full screen mode.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#5 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

I've always felt more comfortable with mouse-in-hand, but it's good to know that tablets will be supported for the more artistic types. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users