#1 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:12 PM

Just thought i would post this vid showing course forge in action, this is hole 8 of the course "Isla san monique" that i am currently working on, there is no right or wrong way here..just my way with this particular build, i have drawn out the hole, so now it's just a case of putting the makeup on so to speak.  Myabe you will glean something from it when you get your hands on CF, then again maybe you won't, part 2 will be on mic once i get the damn thing working again..enjoy!  :)

• Fairwayman, ed dawson, garynorman and 7 others like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#2 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:54 PM

Part 2 will be more concise, i did not record this with the intention of posting it, i was just seeing if shadowplay would record outside of steam, i then decided to post it considering CF is looming, so yeah part 2 will be more to the point and a lot quicker.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#3 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:44 AM

Thanks for this. Really interesting. The UI looks pretty clear and straightforward. 

How the heck do you zoom around the scene so fast. In Unity when I use shift/W or S etc I seem to go at snails pace compared to you.

As far as blending goes I hoped there would be an ability to select a terrain type - f/w, light rough, green etc and set the blend amount on a scale of say 1-5.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#4 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:56 AM

I have changed the default terrain texture in this build to a custom texture i created from images of cape verde, the blend is not really a proper blend because of how light the terrain is, the sandy texture along with plenty of vegetation goes a long way to making it look natural enough, i want the outer terrain to be sandy/dirty, i'm not even using another layer of rough here either, just semi rough.  As for movement, i don't know i can move fast, i just use wasd in conjunction with shift, i do have a fast laser mouse but i that prob only helps with quick camera turns.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#5 uvmnick

uvmnick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:46 AM

Great video, I can't wait for CF! 

#6 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:58 PM

still no word on release yet?

#7 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:24 PM

Not that I'm aware of.

It seems every time they offer up a potential release time-frame for CF, it all goes quiet and the planned release is missed. I guess all the community can do is wait and not get too excited when the next release date is offered up, lol.

#8 ed dawson

ed dawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for this D.  I don't know if I have missed anything but this the first video I have seen illustrating how CF sits in and on Unity and reinforces to me that I need to make myself familiar with Unity.

Looking forward to Part 2.

#9 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:59 AM

I told you guys....Christmas is coming!!!

#10 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:46 PM

Thanks for this D.  I don't know if I have missed anything but this the first video I have seen illustrating how CF sits in and on Unity and reinforces to me that I need to make myself familiar with Unity.

Looking forward to Part 2.

Ed,

A very valid point. Much of what Dogz was doing in his video was Unity and not actually CF.

#11 Cintigolfer

Cintigolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:46 AM

Does a 3D SpaceMouse (http://www.3dconnexion.com/) work with Course Forge?   I use one at work when I'm designing parts in 3D and it is much faster than navigating with traditional mouse.

#12 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:06 AM

Does a 3D SpaceMouse (http://www.3dconnexion.com/) work with Course Forge?   I use one at work when I'm designing parts in 3D and it is much faster than navigating with traditional mouse.

Unity (and therefore Course Forge) is not on the supported software list.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#13 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:44 AM

Ed,

A very valid point. Much of what Dogz was doing in his video was Unity and not actually CF.

Isnt basically all CF does is allows you to allocate the areas to fairway, rough, greens etc, and then allow you to texture those areas. Not saying CF isnt an essential piece of software,but you basically still need to create a full unity terrain, all planting done in unity, skybox, colliders, water, etc etc, so a decent understanding of unity must be pretty essential

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#14 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:55 PM

Starting with no knowledge of Unity can be quite intimidating, but

fortunately the video tutorials created by Mike will alleviate any

fears of seeing that empty Unity opening screen. 

The CF beta testers were thrown into the fire blindfolded, and 

bombarded the forum with questions before months passed

and the first video instructions were seen. The new CF/Unity user

will now be able to see and not be burned.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#15 Cintigolfer

Cintigolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:11 PM

Unity (and therefore Course Forge) is not on the supported software list.

I just searched in their support forum and it looks like someone has developed a driver for it (https://www.3dconnex...php?f=19&t=7067).  I think this would be a great way to navigate.

#16 uvmnick

uvmnick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:46 PM

Isnt basically all CF does is allows you to allocate the areas to fairway, rough, greens etc, and then allow you to texture those areas. Not saying CF isnt an essential piece of software,but you basically still need to create a full unity terrain, all planting done in unity, skybox, colliders, water, etc etc, so a decent understanding of unity must be pretty essential

Yes. Those that have taken the time to learn Unity will hit the ground running when CF is released.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users