#1 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:08 AM

I've been playing the game for quite a while with my default player on RTS-M amateur level.  Today I decided to adjust the sweetspot and snap assists at the player screen and my player is now shown as having 'custom' difficulty.  When I pick a course for a single player round with my now 'custom' default player I still have to indicate what difficulty I want to play at, the options being 'any' or beginner thru' tour pro.  What should I indicate here?  I thought I had already selected a custom difficulty for him, which isn't shown. 

#2 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:17 AM

Just use "ANY"  in the difficulty level,    means no restrictions  so any custom level will be accomodated rather than using a predetermined level such as hacker, pro etc

Jim

#3 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:03 AM

Thanks.  I hope PP plan to make the UI less confusing.

#4 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:08 PM

Back when ANY difficulty was allowed, people wanted a way to force all players onto the same difficulty level, so that option was added in the game setup screen and it overrides the option in your player setup screen.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#5 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:13 PM

Back when ANY difficulty was allowed, people wanted a way to force all players onto the same difficulty level, so that option was added in the game setup screen and it overrides the option in your player setup screen.

I can see how this might be confusing for new comers.  It has made perfect sense to me ever since they implemented it.  But I was around to watch it evolve into what it is today.

I don't have a solution.  I think the way it's currently done is probably the right way.  But I do see his point.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#6 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:48 PM

I can see how this might be confusing for new comers.  It has made perfect sense to me ever since they implemented it.  But I was around to watch it evolve into what it is today.

I don't have a solution.  I think the way it's currently done is probably the right way.  But I do see his point.

Yeah me too.  I just thought it would be helpful to see the thought process that went into that feature's development.

• mebby likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#7 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:24 PM

That was the sad day that the multiplayer lobby started becoming fragmented and broken up.  Why people care about who is using what is simply infuriating.  Sigh  It is a GAME people played for fun, not for status.

• ed dawson likes this

#8 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:29 AM

That was the sad day that the multiplayer lobby started becoming fragmented and broken up.  Why people care about who is using what is simply infuriating.  Sigh  It is a GAME people played for fun, not for status.

i agree there, but its  a fact some ppl like to see their name up on the rankings, even in a game.

and so what, let them, to everyone their own.

there is NO such thing as a goling community, its all individuals with thieer own style of play, i see nothing weird there.

i am very very glad pg golf can be adjusted pretty good.

the real issue to me seems to be, ppl find it hard to just accept things like they are, and adjut themselves to circumstances.

alos ofcourse very very few ppl here really know something about the rigors of programming, and i am not going to say they did

everything right, still i think what they done sofar is pretty good.

• SirGrassCutter likes this

#9 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:34 PM

i agree there, but its  a fact some ppl like to see their name up on the rankings, even in a game.

and so what, let them, to everyone their own.

there is NO such thing as a goling community, its all individuals with thieer own style of play, i see nothing weird there.

i am very very glad pg golf can be adjusted pretty good.

the real issue to me seems to be, ppl find it hard to just accept things like they are, and adjut themselves to circumstances.

alos ofcourse very very few ppl here really know something about the rigors of programming, and i am not going to say they did

everything right, still i think what they done sofar is pretty good.

I too can see both sides of this issue.  The one very big problem that comes along with so many choices for multiplayer games is that it fragments the lobby.  I guess its the nature of the beast.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users