TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:24 AM

Hi all, 

Ever since seeing the first real preview of Course Forge in action, I've had one key question. What are our limits going to be when it comes to elevation? The video only shows small bumps. Are we going to be able to create [moderately] large dropoffs? Hole #7 at Pebble Beach comes to mind. Just how far are we going to be able to push it in terms of height limits? 

• TheLighterDark likes this

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#2 Erik Lugris

Erik Lugris

Founder, CEO

• Administrators
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

That is a good question TheLighterDark.  I don't see any height restrictions.  Funny Futch and have been bugging Andrew for the Grand Canyon's  xyz and top view image.  Properly Georefererenced data provided by Bing Maps.   I know he is up to something.  Some kind of converter.  Saw a demo of it with Ivan and we were blown away.  Was wicked cool. 

Erik M. Lugris

Founder

Perfect Parallel, Inc.

#3 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

That is a good question TheLighterDark.  I don't see any height restrictions.  Funny Futch and have been bugging Andrew for the Grand Canyon's  xyz and top view image.  Properly Georefererenced data provided by Bing Maps.   I know he is up to something.  Some kind of converter.  Saw a demo of it with Ivan and we were blown away.  Was wicked cool. 

No height restrictions? That would be absolutely absurd. Thanks for the reply and information. 

• Erik Lugris likes this

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

#4 Erik Lugris

Erik Lugris

Founder, CEO

• Administrators
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

That is correct.  I guess to be more specific, you will be able to develop a golf course on the side of a mountain or perhaps you might want to develop a par 3 hole with a 300 foot  elevation tee to green- you would not be restricted by our software from doing this.  Hopefully this answers your question.  You're welcome!

• TheLighterDark likes this

Erik M. Lugris

Founder

Perfect Parallel, Inc.

#5 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

That is correct.  I guess to be more specific, you will be able to develop a golf course on the side of a mountain or perhaps you might want to develop a par 3 hole with a 300 foot  elevation tee to green- you would not be restricted by our software from doing this.  Hopefully this answers your question.  You're welcome!

Thanks for your reply. 300+ feet is incredible. 

n2o7ldH.png

#6 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Sounds amazing!

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users