Photo

ST coupons

Best Answer Mike Jones , 12 October 2016 - 04:44 AM

I had a problem a few weeks ago where the game just would not load. This was after being asked to log in to steam manually several times. This is not necessary as I get logged into steam automatically and that's the way it's been for maybe a couple of years. It turned out that there was a mixup over the username/steam ID.

Steam confirmed that gbodave is the correct login as that was the name used by me when purchasing the game.

clubcaptain is simply the name that people see me as when I am active on steam and is nothing to do directly with the game (I rarely visit steam on a day to day basis).  it's purchase or any DLC. So I got the game back by using gbodave as the steam login name.

All that being said I went to the PG social site and logged in with gbodave and as the screenie shows that information was accepted and my status was logged in so why there is a problem I don't know.

It looks like I'll have to go to steam again although you have to jump through hoops and their responses are not that quick.

Just looked at my library and JNPG is there and ready to play. Indeed I've played today already.

Once again this is your steam account issue as explained a few weeks ago when you couldn't play perfect golf. You are logging into the social site with the wrong account. I can clearly see that your account name is GBODave when you're trying to log into the social site. 

Here is the steam thread - GBODave owns no games

http://steamcommunit...87283749891928/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:40 PM

Will we receive the ST coupons soon, or have they already been included somehow in the CF download? TIA

#2 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:24 PM

Will we receive the ST coupons soon, or have they already been included somehow in the CF download? TIA

Look here:  http://www.perfectpa...arted/?p=112561

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#3 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:28 AM

The Video put up by Mike about SPEEDTREE COUPON  wont go full screen

If your having trouble reading it go to http://vimeo.com

do a search for speedtree

in the relevance box type recently uploaded  and there it will be and able to go HD and Full screen

ALTERNATIVELY  get your code from the PP SOCIAL SITE  http://social.perfectparallel.com

sign in through steam.

Go to Game Tools ( top rightt)

Go to Course Forge ( top  right)

Your coupon code should now appear

THEN

Go to http://speedtree.com

Create a speedtree Account and log into it if not already in

click on BUY Speedtree Store ( middle button)

In the SEARCH BOX ( top left) type Course Forge

After reading the blurb on what your getting , Click on add to cart

Insert your Coupon Code in the apply coupon box then update cart

then finally click on proceed to checkout and it should be a nice price of 0.00

Jim

#4 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:40 AM

Although logged in I keep getting this.

nospcoupon_zpsriut0wym.jpg

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#5 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:12 AM

I believe this is the same issue you had before with your steam login. You need to sign in with the same account that purchased PG.

#6 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:18 PM

hey mike ,ive gotten my speedtree package downloaded just need to know how to install in unity,is it the same way i installed CF by importing asset package?

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#7 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:25 PM

I believe this is the same issue you had before with your steam login. You need to sign in with the same account that purchased PG.

Beats me. It says in the upper right corner hello gbodave (which is the name I purchased under) and is says log out so I must be logged in !

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#8 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:25 PM

Beats me. It says in the upper right corner hello gbodave (which is the name I purchased under) and is says log out so I must be logged in !

When I look up that username in Steam and try to add it as a friend, it says it hasn't been online in 17 days and there are no games listed under it :(

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#9 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:53 AM

When I look up that username in Steam and try to add it as a friend, it says it hasn't been online in 17 days and there are no games listed under it :(

I had a problem a few weeks ago where the game just would not load. This was after being asked to log in to steam manually several times. This is not necessary as I get logged into steam automatically and that's the way it's been for maybe a couple of years. It turned out that there was a mixup over the username/steam ID.

Steam confirmed that gbodave is the correct login as that was the name used by me when purchasing the game.

clubcaptain is simply the name that people see me as when I am active on steam and is nothing to do directly with the game (I rarely visit steam on a day to day basis).  it's purchase or any DLC. So I got the game back by using gbodave as the steam login name.

All that being said I went to the PG social site and logged in with gbodave and as the screenie shows that information was accepted and my status was logged in so why there is a problem I don't know.

It looks like I'll have to go to steam again although you have to jump through hoops and their responses are not that quick.

Just looked at my library and JNPG is there and ready to play. Indeed I've played today already.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#10 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:28 AM

Ah.  Yeah, clubcaptain's profile is private.  Got it.

#11 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:44 AM   Best Answer

Once again this is your steam account issue as explained a few weeks ago when you couldn't play perfect golf. You are logging into the social site with the wrong account. I can clearly see that your account name is GBODave when you're trying to log into the social site. 

#12 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:49 AM

hey mike ,ive gotten my speedtree package downloaded just need to know how to install in unity,is it the same way i installed CF by importing asset package?

The speadtrees are delivered in a zip file. You can just unzip the file and place the folders in your project directory - this is the next tutorial :)

• StoneComet likes this

#13 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:04 PM

The speadtrees are delivered in a zip file. You can just unzip the file and place the folders in your project directory - this is the next tutorial :)

First of all what a great set of tutorials to get things going. I will point out FYI that although you explain it clearly enough here I have not seen the video tutorial that explains and shows how to unzip and place the folder in the correct folder. Maybe I have missed it somehow. At any rate I've watched them all and they have been very helpful. Thank you.

SC  B)

• mistajam likes this

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#14 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:48 PM

First of all what a great set of tutorials to get things going. I will point out FYI that although you explain it clearly enough here I have not seen the video tutorial that explains and shows how to unzip and place the folder in the correct folder. Maybe I have missed it somehow. At any rate I've watched them all and they have been very helpful. Thank you.

SC  B)

Read the post above yours :)

BTW the tutorial is done but vimeo is having issues at the moment so I can't actually upload it.

#15 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:32 PM

I also noticed while getting my CF free Speedtree pack (with coupon code) - thanks PP - that there was also further free tree pack available for download.

Not sure if they have the same content as what comes with the CF pack, but could be worthwhile downloading for budding designers.

One downside is that the Speedtree is painfully slow with the downloads, lol. Do they not realise people are using fibre-optic these days?

#16 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:29 AM

Problem solved but not as expected. For this download I had to log in with my steam name NOT the name I purchased JNPG with so it's a complete about face which still beats me but I have the code :-)

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#17 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:34 AM

I always use my steam name: crow357.  I never use my steam login which is: artpatscheck.

#18 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:05 AM

As someone who probably won't get into designing a course in the near future, is there any point in obtaining/downloading the ST coupon/trees at this time?  I thought they were only valid for a month?

#19 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:26 AM

As someone who probably won't get into designing a course in the near future, is there any point in obtaining/downloading the ST coupon/trees at this time?  I thought they were only valid for a month?

There is no time limit on the coupons Armand.

#20 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:05 PM

MJ,

Followed the tutorial and got the new speedtrees imported. They are available to select and can be added to scene no problem.

Only issue I'm seeing is the trees seem to have no bark textures and they are all smooth. All the trees that came with the CF tutorial are fine, its just the coupon trees. any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users