Photo

Courseforge won't open-Can't find terrain

Best Answer Crow357 , 11 October 2016 - 06:43 PM

Double click on the current scene name in the Project window.  For the opening project it's called course1.  You have to do this every time you switch projects in Unity.  Then start CF.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:25 PM

Started the tutorials last night. I get to using CF's first tool (measurement), and click on the Perfect Parallel option at the top, click on  Courseforge On, and I get the message "Can't find terrain. Shutting down Courseforge.". I'd already noticed that the scene window was just the grey grid, rather than the forested green in the tutorial.
HELP!

UPDATE:  Got it working now. Had to hit Course 1 under Standard Assets in the project window.

#2 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:43 PM   Best Answer

Double click on the current scene name in the Project window.  For the opening project it's called course1.  You have to do this every time you switch projects in Unity.  Then start CF.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#3 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:13 PM

Thanks Crow.

#4 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:35 AM

Well just went to start a new project (because the last 3 have crapped out), referred to this post, found course 1 (which is harder than it should be considering its skipped in the otherwise excellent tutorials), double clicked on it, and I still can't find the land plot. Rather distressing, and a bit of a buzz kill (hard to go any further). Any ideas?

Update: you have to open it in the Inspector window. Works now. Might want to fix the tutorial, I'm sure others are facing the same frustration. It's a shame CF and Unity are sooo un-user friendly. Oh that's right, this way only the "most determined" 2% will be willing to go through it, and we'll only have courses from the elite who are willing to put up with it. Not that we couldn't pick out the good courses from the "early efforts" (when I heard this argument I realized I'm not as much of an elitist as...well).

#5 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:42 AM

Double click on human height or terrain in the hierarchy window.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users