59 replies to this topic

#1 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:08 AM

I am lost on the new layout of the forum. I enjoyed posting in the "Show and Tell" thread random photos of progress or attempted progress. That thread is now locked but still contains the infinite wisdom within to achieve golf course design goodness. The new "Show and Tell" subheading does not have an obvious thread to post CF eye candy. Anyway, I wanted to drop in a picture to show my love to CF 1.5 and its custom flags. I am glad to have waited for Unity 5.2.3 for Kiawah. I'm probably full of it but I feel the terrain textures are "crisper" over 5.1.2. Video to come on Kiawah. Enjoy! (I was on hitting balls on 17 and F5'd up to 18 for those questioning the left display)

rGXzoaD.jpg

• highfade, erwildcat, RobC and 2 others like this

#2 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:19 AM

Looks great.  The entire Show and Tell section is to post eye candy threads.  Good job!

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#3 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:40 AM

Looks great to me.

#4 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:15 AM

Way early on Kiawah Island - Ocean Course . Will be interesting to see how much peripheral grunge can be placed without bogging the FPS. Will eventually have to spend a month with Speed Tree but need to be closer to completion. Flags animation at the end does not currently work in game. That's just Unity shots to close. I was procrastinating from actual course building tonight. I have until 2021 to complete in time for the PGA there.

• Harald, nightowl, RobC and 1 other like this

#5 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:32 AM

Nice! - especially love those scruffy bunkers although according to Pete Dye they are not bunkers  :lol:

#6 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:02 AM

Sweet.... I didn't know anyone was working on this one. Great track.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#7 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:44 AM

Man, you got it cleaned up quick after Hurricane Matthew.

Nice Job DP.

• cajuncapgun likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#8 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:36 AM

Testing the Custom Flag feature

aAgjAHK.jpg

Here is the test Template I used

IqIhZYz.jpg

• Crow357 and Justin9926 like this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#9 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:52 PM

Decided I would use this thread to add some Blender tutorials I have in mind. I know you can honestly get these anywhere but I figure some people would rather not see how to make a lightsaber and apply that to their clubhouse. Other building creation tutorials may be higher poly than you would want in game as well.

So, all my stuff will be focused on golf course items for usage with Course Forge and be relatively low poly. My first video tutorial set is on  a simple building creation. It was originally made today for NoPutt but I figured why not share with others are interested. Later in the month or early January will be a start to finish on a Tee Marker. I will show you how to build several tee marker shapes, UV unwrap the tee marker, personalize your markers in Photoshop and import for use in CF. Unfortunately, 3D object creation like any other program requires some baby steps. Blender could very well be more frustrating than Unity or CF quirkiness. It may also cost you valuable time that you could otherwise be using for tweaking your course creation. Proceed at your own risk!

Blender is free and widely referenced online in forums and videos. You may obtain it HERE

I currently use Bandicam basic so my videos are limited to under 10 minutes. If you can endure my congested/nasally voice, the content is decent.

Video #1 - basic Blender setup, importing an image as a plane

Video #2 - roof and building construction from image

• bortimus and StoneComet like this

#10 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:53 PM

Limited to 2 videos per post so the final video for the simple building creation is here.

Video #3 - more advanced roof styling, face editing and tips

• StoneComet likes this

#11 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

Youre very good with Blender. Its only my list of things to learn, but found it tough to get started with, with all the hotkeys etc etc

An awesome tutorial, which I know is probably not easy, or simple would be how you go about UV mapping an object, and even if its possible, say taking an pre created object, say one downloaded from turbosquid or sketchup warehouse, and go about uv mapping that.

Ive also just started playing with Mesh Lab, and its decimation and simplification tools too. Not sure if youve played with that, but seems it could be a useful tool too.

Great videos mate, very informative.

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#12 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:11 PM

The UV stuff is in the works. I've got it mated with a nice texture tutorial to encourage some unique development. I figured I would first get some people going on object creation and then dress them up. The downside is length of some of it. Hard to condense enough without skipping over something and then confusing the hell out of everyone.

#13 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:50 AM

6 buildings/roof types to give you some versatility

Excuse some of my roofing lingo. Not my specialty. Think I called the "hip" a "gable" at some point and said "façade" when I meant "fascia".

These shapes and extrusion ideas will carry over to the Tee Marker building as well so hopefully those interested will try all the shapes. The shortcut key commands are available online

Checkout - THIS PAGE - for some keyboard shortcuts. It is a bit like a new language but if you follow the tutorial below, you will see the repetition.

Blender - 6 buildings/roof types - Part 1

Blender - 6 buildings/roof types - Part 2

#14 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:41 AM

6 buildings/roof types to give you some versatility

Excuse some of my roofing lingo. Not my specialty. Think I called the "hip" a "gable" at some point and said "façade" when I meant "fascia".

These shapes and extrusion ideas will carry over to the Tee Marker building as well so hopefully those interested will try all the shapes. The shortcut key commands are available online

Checkout - THIS PAGE - for some keyboard shortcuts. It is a bit like a new language but if you follow the tutorial below, you will see the repetition.

Blender - 6 buildings/roof types - Part 1

Blender - 6 buildings/roof types - Part 2

Love it , thanks mate for sharing with us

Cheers

#15 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:57 PM

Great Tuts, and easy to follow.

Just getting started on this building,

Google first, then in Blender

BKwn9cH.jpg

VWURCmD.jpg

#16 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:36 PM

Fantastic tutorials!  You've convinced me to learn Blender.  Keep them coming.     

#17 TheOtherRick

TheOtherRick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationHeart of Dixie

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:48 AM

At the moment I am on a motel computer in the lobby, so I can't listen to the tutorials. I am looking forward to getting back home and running through them. I downloaded Blender right before I left because I have a few key buildings to add to my course and I have no doubt that these tutorials will help.

Ye Olde Computing Machine
CPU - Intel i5-8600K Six Core @ 3.60 GHz
MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4

RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
OS - Windows 10 Home  (64-bit)
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

#18 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:03 AM

This is great stuff, thanks Dp,  soon we can have buildings, tee boxes, Retaining walls. sheds, maybe even some mountains and rocks

this is good stuff, the videos are excellent and will be a great help to everyone here. i looked at blender then thought Geez ?

This is going to take a while to learn, then when i saw how blender did textures , well i thought this looks too hard

I think Noputt  was learning blender and how to do animation as well, so not sure Dp if you know how to animate objects.

Birds would be great. i know some members are trying to do this .

Thank you mate for  sharing your skills 

#19 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:54 AM

Would you like me to separate the tutorials and add them to the tutorials section so they are more easily found? I can also transfer over any posts related to them and keep the topics open for comments and additions. Happy to do whatever you think is best.

• axe360, highfade and SReesor like this

#20 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

I think that would be a good Idea. Listing the programs in their own topic, Blender Tutorials, Sketchup Tutorials, Photoshop Tutorials etc.

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users