59 replies to this topic

#41 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:48 AM

Spent an hour today admiring the works of Mikahenrik and Garynorman. Was inspired to etch out some dunes and marsh. It's amazing what you can learn from the great courses we have out there.

From the left waste area on #13 - The Ocean Course

79qudxh.jpg

6lZl4Fw.jpg

• Dazmaniac, cajuncapgun, Acrilix and 2 others like this

#42 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:18 PM

Don't want to know what happens if you spend a day of work instead of "an hour"...

Looks already damn beautiful, DP!

Thanks to all involved. Keep pushing each other!
  • DPRoberts likes this

#43 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:23 PM

Superb! Are those golf cart tracks in the first pic? Or

am I just seeing things?

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#44 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

Well done Einstein or as George!! says, The Delicate Genious!!  Lol

#45 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

Superb! Are those golf cart tracks in the first pic? Or
am I just seeing things?

Yes, I added foot prints and cart tracks to a file with wavy sand. Then, generated a normal map from that. I have 2 texture paint swatches for my sand. One with rocky texture and one with waves and tracks. Probably should've had the tracks in the rocky though. I can always fix that later.

#46 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

Don't want to know what happens if you spend a day of work instead of "an hour"...

Looks already damn beautiful, DP!

Thanks to all involved. Keep pushing each other!

Ha! Spent an hour just admiring their work. Don't let me mislead you, I have spent nearly a year learning my tools.

Being an anal retentive perfectionist, I produce on an "S" curve. The lower half of the "S" is me learning. I now have a set of textures, grasses, comfort with CF, 3D knowledge and gasp a new found understanding of SpeedTree generation!

Hopefully, this means I can at least crank out this course now that I have reworked it 4 times in a year. (mostly the fault of eventually finding a decent Lidar map to import and having to redo the course)

I look at it differently though. It is art and a painting to me. I have had to learn my materials and brushes. I should now be on the climb up that "S".

Art is not meant to be rushed. However, I do understand it is meant to be enjoyed by others as well. So, I am heading confidently toward the finish. That could be weeks but more likely months. Kid's baseball is my block for free time for the time being.
  • RobC likes this

#47 Shimvolski

Shimvolski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:00 PM

Looking good dp! I hear you on the kids baseball, my 12 and 10 yr old boys just started their practices this week, between the two of them that's 4 nights a week. Enjoy your time watching the kids, they grow up so fast!

#48 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

Kids baseball, the time consuming event that occurs every summer for many parents. This will be my 40th year scheduling the baseball/softball games for my local county baseball organization. Before I took over, it took three guys almost 2 weeks to complete the schedules, along with the many errors.

I computerized it in 1977 and got it down to less than 5 hours, with no errors where 4 teams would show up to play a game on the same field. The most I ever scheduled in one setting was over 1900 games for 196 teams on 85 fields. It took about 4-1/2 hours from start to finish  not counting the time to print the schedules on a dot matrix printer (remember those)?

Now it takes me about 15 minutes. Oh the path of progress.

• DPRoberts likes this

#49 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:32 PM

Impressive Larry. I can't imagine the stress with that. Guessing that's a fairly thankless position you hold. Hopefully, you get free popcorn/drinks at the snack shop.

#50 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:15 AM

The Pensive Hacker Harry

ztEMqwO.jpg

• highfade, Justin9926, IanK and 2 others like this

#51 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#52 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:50 AM

Sweet signage DP, who knew Hacker Harry could read, but

then, maybe he just likes the pictures.

Been messing around with a local Par 3 course.

Grew tired of splines and decided to have a drink.

HBFOGgg.jpg

• Tresclub, cajuncapgun, Justin9926 and 2 others like this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#53 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

Love it, Neal! That's a classic looking vending machine there. I can almost taste the cold Dr. P rolling out the glass bottle.

#54 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationWalnut Grove,MN

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

love the look of the old vending machine. I still think pop tasted better in glass bottles than aluminum cans. You also had the 5 cent deposit on the glass bottles.

#55 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:25 PM

love the look of the old vending machine. I still think pop tasted better in glass bottles than aluminum cans. You also had the 5 cent deposit on the glass bottles.

They used to use real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup too!

• cajuncapgun likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#56 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:40 PM

I'd always read that Mexican Coca-Cola was nice for that very reason, sugar > corn syrup. I was going to import some only to realise in Australia we still use sugar too.

#57 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:04 PM

I designed the machine from this picture.

I used the logo on the front and stretched

it for the side as I thought it needed something there.

10 cents, can't beat that, well, unless you have a bottle

opener and a cup...hehe.

yFUGi62.jpg

• Tresclub and erwildcat like this

#58 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:52 PM

I love me some vintage Dr. Pepper.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#59 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

Yep, my fav soda, soft drink, pop... But I don't understand

why the 4 on the bottle is at 6' o'clock, but in the symbol

below the door it's in the proper place? Probably some graphic

advertising genius with no knowledge of a clock face.

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Dr_Pepper

Oops, getting way off topic

Zrmx60E.jpg

#60 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:02 PM

Just starting a local Par 3 course called Woodhaven Golf Club.

Located in Pendelton South Carolina, the course is 9 holes

with a couple of Par 4's and a great place to work on your

short game. 

I've been building a few objects and today I started on

The Beer Cart, which will soon be loaded with of course

beer and snacks. Helga is just on loan today and most likely

won't be around for release.

wVpCF3J.jpg

Gf21wDD.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users