Photo

Why are all my meshes white?

Best Answer StoneComet , 12 October 2016 - 06:17 PM

When I loaded one of the missing textures the rest must have loaded too. They are all on read -only default now. Is that correct? Whatever I did it worked along with your advice. Thank You! Really enjoying myself. Creating 18 of these is a daunting task. It is just the first hole but I'm taking inspiration from an old design from my early TGC design days. Mohawk Valley Golf Course. A course fictitiously set near the Mohawk Valley Region near Old Forge NY. I'm going from memory and applying what I've learned along the way.

Cheers  :D

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:14 PM

Hi everyone.

I was putting some final touches on my first hole and when I selected the spline tool and selected refresh all my meshes turn white. Does any one know why. I see the correct texture selected but it jeeps turning everything white or a shade of grey.

Thanks,

SC  :)

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#2 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:30 PM

Without a screenshot, it's hard to say.

• StoneComet likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#3 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:39 PM

Without a screenshot, it's hard to say.

zg9J50Kl.png

5erLqnhl.png

Here it is? I try and refresh splines and it still will not redraw meshes in color?

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#4 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:53 PM

It's likely because you don't have a library selected for some reason.

In perfect parallel menu select the advanced option in CF settings. Go into your layers library which will now be unlocked and load the custom library from your project - you can navigate to it to select it. Once its loaded you will be able to recalculate your shapes and the course should be green again!

• mistajam likes this

#5 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:17 PM   Best Answer

When I loaded one of the missing textures the rest must have loaded too. They are all on read -only default now. Is that correct? Whatever I did it worked along with your advice. Thank You! Really enjoying myself. Creating 18 of these is a daunting task. It is just the first hole but I'm taking inspiration from an old design from my early TGC design days. Mohawk Valley Golf Course. A course fictitiously set near the Mohawk Valley Region near Old Forge NY. I'm going from memory and applying what I've learned along the way.

Cheers  :D

• Mike Jones and Crow357 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users