• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:28 AM

We have had a fair amount of people having issues with their courses stopping on loading at 50% so here are some checklist items:

*Are you using the correct version of Unity? 5.2.3f1? - your unity version number will be under 'help' and 'about unity' while in the editor

*Did you run through the course debug to make sure that you have all the needed pins (planted on the green) tees and no extra rogue tees or pins for holes not completed yet?

*Did you make sure there are no capital letters in the scene name?

*Did you wait enough time for the course to compile and did you get a course build completed message in the bottom left of the editor window? Looks something like this: 'CourseForge {build course4} 19 Oct 11:23:17'

In the resultant folder made by the course build do you have both an description file and a unity3d file?

If the answer to all these is yes but you still have loading issues, zip up just your problematic scene file from your project and send it to me via dropbox etc 

#2 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:26 PM

I've just rebuilt another version of torrey pines, all i did was add some new trees, then it would not load past 50%.  I went back in saved scene as a different name, rebuilt and now it is fine, so i would suggest rebuilding the course if you encounter this issue and you know all your pins etc are ok.

• jspirate likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#3 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:19 PM

don't forget, no capital letters in your unity scene name.

• Mike Jones and Ninja_Prime like this

#4 Ninja_Prime

Ninja_Prime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSuffolk UK

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:30 AM

don't forget, no capital letters in your unity scene name.

Yes this caught me out a few times. Now that I know this, hopefully I won't be making this mistake again.

There is no shame in defeat, there is only shame if you do not learn from it.

Intel i7 870@3.06Ghz, 12GB RAM, W10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia GTX 1060 3Gb

Courses designed:

​The Pines, Bracken Heath, Skye Dunes, The Glade, Brook Vale (WIP).

#5 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:27 PM

It's not that simple, because it's not stopping at 50% every time.

I have this problem about every other time when loading my own course. The scene file's name is now "kytaja_south_east".

Before this new name, I think loading was more stable. So maybe the name of the scene should be simplier. I'll try that.

#6 Ninja_Prime

Ninja_Prime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSuffolk UK

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:10 AM

I've had a few issues recently where the loading screen has gone to 100% and just stops, the wired thing is that I have only created one hole and nothing more, this is the first time its happened, any ideas?

There is no shame in defeat, there is only shame if you do not learn from it.

Intel i7 870@3.06Ghz, 12GB RAM, W10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia GTX 1060 3Gb

Courses designed:

​The Pines, Bracken Heath, Skye Dunes, The Glade, Brook Vale (WIP).

#7 prodgers

prodgers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:35 PM

I seem to be having issues that are probably more Unity based. I have a course that is in progress and when I try to compile to test my work so far sometimes it takes 10 minutes sometimes (and this is no exaggeration) 10 hours or more. Has anyone else run into this? I've tried reinstalling unity but that didn't seem to work.

#8 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:53 PM

Select "Window->Lighting" from the menu. Then set the "Lighting" settings as shown in this image. Be sure to remove the check marks next to "Precomputed Realtime GI", "Baked GI", "General GI" and "Auto" at the bottom of the window.

0XtQKbl.png

#9 prodgers

prodgers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:37 AM

Thank you SOOO Much Larrykuh. That seems to have worked.

#10 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:26 PM

I've just rebuilt another version of torrey pines, all i did was add some new trees, then it would not load past 50%.  I went back in saved scene as a different name, rebuilt and now it is fine, so i would suggest rebuilding the course if you encounter this issue and you know all your pins etc are ok.

Just quoting this because its saved me from the dreaded 50% load screen a few times now.  Apparently, I am fairly good at borking my builds on a regular basis. 

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users