Photo

Trees and Grasses ....etc etc

Best Answer Mike Jones , 19 October 2016 - 01:22 PM

Hello There

CF comes with the nice Confirs tress and there are also the Speedtrees ...

Can someone give me tips where I can find the other nice trees that the CF-beta testers have used in their design , pre-speedtree era ....

Also, I wonder if I should go with Mikes tutorial Speed Tree turorial when I shall import the above ... or shall I do it differenly ?

Thank You

Ola

I would not touch the older trees if I were you, there are too many variables of things to go wrong when dealing with third party assets. You can do it but we won't be supporting any trees in PG other than SpeedTrees due to the better performance of speedtrees with their built in LOD system.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:18 PM

Hello There

Can someone give me tips where I can find the other nice trees that the CF-beta testers have used in their design , pre-speedtree era ....

Also, I wonder if I should go with Mikes tutorial Speed Tree turorial when I shall import the above ... or shall I do it differenly ?

Thank You

Ola

#2 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:22 PM   Best Answer

Hello There

Thank You

Ola

I would not touch the older trees if I were you, there are too many variables of things to go wrong when dealing with third party assets. You can do it but we won't be supporting any trees in PG other than SpeedTrees due to the better performance of speedtrees with their built in LOD system.

#3 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

Ok ...thanks for the advice Mike

How about "dead" objects ?.... If I would like , for example make a course simular to Burns Old Links , how do I do with the houses ... ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users