Photo

Add ons

Best Answer Mike Jones , 24 October 2016 - 09:46 AM

Is there anywhere to get Add ons like club houses and accessories ....Cheers

We will be adding these via the steam workshop.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Great_White_Shark

Great_White_Shark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:50 PM

#2 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:46 AM   Best Answer

We will be adding these via the steam workshop.

#3 Piazzz33

Piazzz33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:09 AM

Tf3dm.com thee are some useful thing here to download for free. If you do a search there are several sites with 3D objects for unity
  • Great_White_Shark likes this

#4 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:44 AM

Try here.

https://3dwarehouse....chup.com/?hl=en

• Great_White_Shark likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#5 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:41 PM

I was just wondering are there any tips about what I should be looking for or what I should I avoid. I'm sure some of the assets if imported and used for courses will be frame killers or possibly do other odd things. I know to make sure and verify if the asset works with the version of Unity we are using but I do not want to possibly spend some cash getting something that does not work within Course Forge and JNPG well.

Thank you,

SC  B)

P.S. Maybe we should start a stick thread with approved or recommended assets for JNPG.

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#6 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:54 PM

Do you download the model and then drag into your Project folder to get an import prompt? Guess I'm asking how you get third party models into your project.

Thanks,

SC  :)

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#7 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:30 PM

https://3dwarehouse....chup.com/?hl=en

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#8 Quigs

Quigs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:03 PM

Do you download the model and then drag into your Project folder to get an import prompt? Guess I'm asking how you get third party models into your project.

Thanks,

SC  :)

That is all you have to do. There are a couple of ways to do it. When you download the FBX file (or DAE file) and place it into your project folder it will import. You can then just drag and drop it into your scene. From there you will more than likely have to scale it - which you can do with the tools or within the inspector.

• StoneComet likes this

#9 Quigs

Quigs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

One comment to add to your original question. When downloading assets from the Unity store it is critical that you check and see if they require or include "scripts" - which tend to break the build. So be careful before you buy anything. I suggest trying free things to test the waters.

There are many reasons and preventing cheating is one of them. But I will let Mike chime in if he wants to clarify.

#10 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:10 PM

Let me just say I would be very careful about what third part assets you place in your scene. Many of them are not game optimised.

• StoneComet likes this

#11 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:42 PM

Mike is right here, i use sketchup a lot and never use any object that is over 1000 poly, no matter how tempting it is, even the train in lost tracks is under a 1000 you don't need to go higher than that really, all my courses run well with good fps, thats more important to me as opposed to high quality objects.

• BionicWolf likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#12 BionicWolf

BionicWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:52 PM

With course designers keeping the playability factor in mind, the average player ( play only/no design) should be grateful to the tireless work they do. I stand amazed at what CForge can produce at this early stage and will regret not being around to see the true final gem this sim  shall become. Rock on ya'll and thx for the gift that is PG /CF/ and the pool of designers workin' the hell outta the software.

• brokenclub likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users