#1 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:36 AM

I'm trying to create a green that slopes from back to front gradually.  Using the raise and lower tool is producing bumps and hollows on the green which obviously is not very realistic.  There is a "flatten" button but it flattens the entire land plot.

Is there a way to flatten just the green and then start from that point trying to create the slope?  I would think that a larger brush size would make it easier to do this.  Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RTSM - Pro

#2 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:07 AM

https://www.assetsto...!/content/52974

• IanK, StoneComet and Great_White_Shark like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#3 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:28 AM

This Looks Very Usefull :) .... Thank You DoGgz 

#4 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:39 AM

it contains ramp tools to help create gradual inclines, have only recently been alerted to it myself...great tool!

• Great_White_Shark likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#5 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:51 AM

The Ramp Tool was what caught my eye the most ... I only wonder how I use it to go High in one end and low in the other ...

AND: How do I import thoose nice brushes in to Unity/CF

Thnks

Ola

#6 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:47 PM

How about raising the green to 3 heights from back to front then using the smooth tool to get rid of the "steps"

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#7 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:53 PM

How about raising the green to 3 heights from back to front then using the smooth tool to get rid of the "steps"

That's how I do it. Works for me.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#8 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:31 PM

yep steps work, but that ramp tool is quicker, and more importantly its free.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#9 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

I seem to missing the option to download/save this asset so I can (presumably) import it into Unity.  The "Open in Unity" button just opens the webpage in Unity.  :(

Yes, I'm *that* much of a newbie with Unity.  Going to have to search to see how to download and install this.  Will post back with findings (perhaps later this evening).

#10 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:12 PM

I seem to missing the option to download/save this asset so I can (presumably) import it into Unity.  The "Open in Unity" button just opens the webpage in Unity.  :(

Yes, I'm *that* much of a newbie with Unity.  Going to have to search to see how to download and install this.  Will post back with findings (perhaps later this evening).

You can only download assets from within Unity because of your login account.  However, after download, they can be found in: C:\Users'your username'\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#11 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:34 AM

Thanks, Art.  I discovered that when the web page loaded in Unity, the button changed to "Download" (in the Unity web page).  After I clicked that, it asked if I wanted to import it.  Of course, I did so (but haven't yet played with the brushes!).  Is this like CF and SpeedTree, where I'd need to load these for each project?  Or is this asset 'permanent' in Unity?

#12 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:18 AM

Thanks, Art.  I discovered that when the web page loaded in Unity, the button changed to "Download" (in the Unity web page).  After I clicked that, it asked if I wanted to import it.  Of course, I did so (but haven't yet played with the brushes!).  Is this like CF and SpeedTree, where I'd need to load these for each project?  Or is this asset 'permanent' in Unity?

You will need to import CF and Speedtrees into each project as Unity does not have these by default.

#13 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:24 PM

I always just go get my addon from the Asset store.  I know it's there locally, but it's a little easier to find on the store.  And they remember whether I've bought it before or not.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#14 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:42 PM

Thanks, Art. I discovered that when the web page loaded in Unity, the button changed to "Download" (in the Unity web page). After I clicked that, it asked if I wanted to import it. Of course, I did so (but haven't yet played with the brushes!). Is this like CF and SpeedTree, where I'd need to load these for each project? Or is this asset 'permanent' in Unity?

Unity stores add ons locally as well. It is under your windows username folder (not sure if it is hidden by default). Search your pc for a folder with "Asset Store" in it. I have it on my Quick Access bar in explorer and always copy and paste downloads into a safe place of keeping for all my install files. I don't trust anyone so I worry one day Unity might forget I purchased or downloaded something. But for each project you will always need to import.

#15 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:28 PM

How do you find the ramp brushes, for those who use them?

I'm a big fan of using "tilt" so I am rather curious.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#16 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:39 PM

Matt, this free asset has gradient brushes among many others: https://www.assetsto...!/content/52974

Edit:  I may have misunderstood.  They work well enough for uniform tilt, but as others mentioned above, building tiers and smoothing them down is more interesting I think.    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users