#1 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:19 PM

What terrain dimensions do people use for courses with an oceanscape?

Thank you.

#2 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:14 AM

I don't think it really matters. You can make a water plane as large as you want to extend into the great beyond.

If you fly high above an oceanfront course and look down you can see how the water plane is used.

I hope that indirectly answers your question.

#3 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:36 AM

Yeah thanks B.

And away we go.

#4 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:16 AM

I would highly recommend not starting from a new scene and a blank terrain when you are starting off. Instead start off with the default course scene in the tutorial and delete the trees if they are not needed. You can always add different ones back in later along with any you import.

#5 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:37 PM

I would highly recommend not starting from a new scene and a blank terrain when you are starting off. Instead start off with the default course scene in the tutorial and delete the trees if they are not needed. You can always add different ones back in later along with any you import.

I saw a tutorial you gave about creating an ocean just the other day that I think pingzing posted but I can't seem to find it. Ted might find it useful if you can point him in the right direction.

Cheers,

SC  :)

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#6 nstone73

nstone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationDenver CO

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:38 PM

I saw a tutorial you gave about creating an ocean just the other day that I think pingzing posted but I can't seem to find it. Ted might find it useful if you can point him in the right direction.

Cheers,

SC  :)

Is there a tutorial regarding creating an ocean anywhere? I tried searching for "ocean" using the advanced search, but this seems to the only reference to an "ocean tutorial". I too found the default ocean planes in the tree, but read in another thread that it's best not to use those.

So...to all the designers that have created fantastic ocean courses....what do you use?

Cheers,

Neil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users