18 replies to this topic

#1 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

Having trouble placing water in a hole.  I've gotten out of other jams, but this one I can't figure. I'm using the water plane under course-water-prefabs. I get the blue grid, but not the water.

I've tried to create a water hazard spline, then digging, then dragging over the plane. tried without a spline also. Yikes

Thanks for anyhelp

#2 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:37 PM

What is the water plane called which you are using? Also screenshot of the view  with the water selected would help.

I suspect your water shader could be missing for some reason which is easily fixable once we understand how you got to this point :)

#3 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

Mike I'm using PP_waterplane1 ,2 and 3..  having a heck of a time with screen shot. Basically instead of water I have a blue grid, that I can resize and move.  I may have done something, I believe I tried water in the beginning and had water inundate my couse.

#4 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:57 PM

Not much we can suggest logically without more information to go on. You can just hit print screen and paste the result into a program like ms paint. Of you could download the free version of something like fraps and assign a key to take a screenshot etc.

#5 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:57 PM

hope you might this otherwise i'm still working on it

#6 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:14 PM

Ok cool - can you show me the inspector window to right so I can see whats missing from your water shape.

#7 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:16 PM

I feel you, man. I had these same issues with a lake on my course. I had to manually change the vertical axis in the inspector window.

#8 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:54 PM

here it is . its all good drgnslyr

#9 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:56 PM

here some more inspector info on the water plane

Attached Files

#10 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:58 PM

Everything looks good, Have you tried setting the scale to 1 in the Y axis??

If all else fails you can delete the water section from your project and reimport the CF package again making sure that ONLY the water stuff is ticked as you don't want to overwrite your existing courses or terrain.

#11 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:39 PM

Tried your suggestion Mike, and got the same results. Then since I'm not really building a course yet, but just getting used to CF and unity, I deleted all and re-installed Unity and CF. So a fresh install and I still have the grid but no water. I'm on win10 home 64 bit  with direct12. My unity editor stops responding a lot when I close out of unity, or switching  between projects. maybe something maybe not.  I'm still poking around. any ideas would be great. thanks for your help .

#12 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:31 AM

Just in case as a double check...are you using Unity 5.2.3f1

#13 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:44 PM

Unfortunately Yes Rob, I feel like its something with the view of it. its looks like the frame work missing the skin.  i'm forging ahead in any case with bunkers and such. hopefully it will work out. thanks you all the help   Tim

#14 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:05 PM

Try dragging the PP_waterplane2  into your scene, and make sure Water

is selected in the layer and not default. 

You can see if it flows in the scene by checking the 

animated materials.

K7SplWt.jpg

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#15 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:56 PM

doesn't change anything NoPutt. Its seems I'm the only one with this issue, which means something with a driver, nvdia setting..maybe..argg

#16 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:10 PM

Not a solution, but just curious... what happens if you use a unity water prefab in your scene?  

Standard Assets>Environment>Water>  should be several prefabs available

I wonder if they will display correctly.

#17 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:18 PM

Check this.. Click on the eye to show or hide water layer.

kmOSaL4.jpg

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#18 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:33 PM

Bingo NoPutt .... I do remember vaguely being there, those eyes ... thank you very much, and thanks to all 

#19 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:41 PM

Good deal, I'd forgotten too, had to ask a friend

that I did remember having the same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users