Photo

CF Not Loading - Help!

Best Answer Mike Jones , 02 November 2016 - 10:42 AM

Chances are you are stuck in the wrong build mode after your aborted course build. 

Go to the unity file/build settings menu, select PC.MAC and Linux standalone and then hit the switch platform button. This should resolve your issues.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 uvmnick

uvmnick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:18 AM

When I open Unity, click on Perfect Pararell > Course Forge On, nothing happens. Course Forge doesn't turn on and don't have the menu option on the left side of the screen?

Only thing to note out of the ordinary is the fact that I had to cancel in themiddle of the save process when saving CF to play in PP.

Anybody know how to fix this?

#2 uvmnick

uvmnick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:20 AM

Nevermind!  I just went back to it and it turned on. Seems like it was stuck, maybe from the canceling process? 

#3 uvmnick

uvmnick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:24 AM

I take that back. Course Forge does not open when I try to open it from the Perfect Parallel menu. Anybody run into this?

#4 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:36 AM

Why did you cancel? Did Unity or something freeze up on you? I had a locking Unity somehow corrupting CF twice, but that was quite some time ago. It might also be that the correct path for Unity to find CF is somehow lost.

Try to get hold of the original Course Forge folder somewhere, not the one from your project, from a backup or through a re-download, and overwrite the old one with it. Just the CF folder, not the Library folder.

If you closed Unity without saving the scene, a bit of your latest work might be lost.

uvmnick, none of us got an easy ride when we started out. Courage, we all had to endure this techno hazing. 

• uvmnick likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#5 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:42 AM   Best Answer

Chances are you are stuck in the wrong build mode after your aborted course build. 

Go to the unity file/build settings menu, select PC.MAC and Linux standalone and then hit the switch platform button. This should resolve your issues.

• nstone73 and uvmnick like this

#6 uvmnick

uvmnick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:50 AM

@K11 and @Mike, thanks for the quick response.

Mike your suspicion was correct and the instructions you provided worked. Thanks so much.

K11, I thought my laptop was charging, but turned out it wasn't so it was about to turn itself off due to low battery in middle of save process. I hit cancel because I didn't know what result would be if the laptop died in middle of process. Appreciate your recommendations as well.

Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users