Photo

WATER TUTORIAL

Best Answer Mike Jones , 04 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

Thoee are standard unity water prefabs and not recommended for use with PerfectGolf as the performance is significantly lower than ours.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Great_White_Shark

Great_White_Shark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:29 AM

Seems to be plenty of water prefabs , would be good if someone could do a vid tutorial on how the other are applied apart from the 3 water plane ones...

#2 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:10 PM

I only see three prefabs in my water/prefabs folder in assets. If you are talking about prefab assets from the unity store I am right their with you. I watched some YouTube videos of people actually creating there own prefabs but it was too deep for me at this stage.

I purchased a water sprites or particle set and I'm not even sure how to use them. When I drag them into the game they are very small. I have a feeling I'm supposed to somehow attach them to a plane but I haven't figured out how and a google search so far has been fruitless. I also see a waterfall prefab for $15 that says it has sound effects and is scale-able and seems like just what I need but after the water sprites asset that I paid $15 dollars for already I wanted to see if experienced designers have asset recommendations for water effects.

SC  :mellow:

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#3 Great_White_Shark

Great_White_Shark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:03 PM

There are more if you keep looking...Ocean....daytime/night time water prefabs....

• StoneComet likes this

#4 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:02 PM

There are more if you keep looking...Ocean....daytime/night time water prefabs....

I found them. Thanks!

SC  :D

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#5 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:15 PM   Best Answer

Thoee are standard unity water prefabs and not recommended for use with PerfectGolf as the performance is significantly lower than ours.

#6 Great_White_Shark

Great_White_Shark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:08 PM

Yeah Mike i found that out...Cheers...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users