#1 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

With AJ posting in another forum that they have now actually hit the first few shots in Perfect Golf (and will be releasing details about this in due course) can I just ask if any updates/additions have been made to the initial golfer animation that Joe made (and was seen in a few teaser clips of the practice area)? Also, any further work being done on clothing/accessories as Joe also posted images on the old forum of the Footjoy shoes and glove that we could look to dress our animation in. Just wondered f any further work had been done in this area.

I'm presuming these test shots were done with the animation in situe.

Also, I was wondering about what work may have been done regards the clubs we will see in the game/sim. Have any models been created?

Would sure be nice to see some info on this as part of the ongoing updates that we will hopefully be getting from PP.

:)

#2 Pete Butcher

Pete Butcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'd be interested to see any more info on the animations/ clubs too

;)

#3 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

I am extremely curious about this because it will also have an impact on what limitations they will have in other parts of the game in terms of branding. For example, PGA Tour things, US AM, British AM, The Masters, ect. 

#4 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

I'd be interested to see any more info on the animations/ clubs too

;)

Hi Pete,

hope you and your team can create some of your animations and clubs for this game too

#5 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

I am extremely curious about this because it will also have an impact on what limitations they will have in other parts of the game in terms of branding. For example, PGA Tour things, US AM, British AM, The Masters, ect. 

Back on the old forum, Joe Harford did a couple of Dev Blogs on some early work he had done with the animations, also available here on the new site in the News section........

http://www.perfectparallel.com/news.html/_/perfect-golf/golfdevblog/first-crawl-character-update-r28

He showed off the initial animation, which was very nicely detailed, a Footjoy shoe he had created and also a Footjoy glove. Would be nice if anyone of the PP guys could just chime in to confirm if any further work has been done on the animations.

Also, any other 3D work that may have been done or in production, like more tee markers, course items like ball washers, benches, signs etc. Would also be interested to know if it would be possible for folks in the community that have the know how, to create things in apps like 3D-MAX and have them imported in to the game.

:D

#6 Pete Butcher

Pete Butcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Hi Pete,

hope you and your team can create some of your animations and clubs for this game too

Hi Clint,

I did message Mike Jones about that possibility some time ago, but he told me nothing had been decided as yet.

That was back in September though...

#7 Bluenoser

Bluenoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

Question for the team - Will we get true LH Golfer animations in PP?

I am a lefty irl and always wanted to play lefty in Links, but the LH ani is just a mirror of the RH ani, and it always looked to be at the wrong angle, especially when putting. Maybe it was just me, but it seemed off.

#8 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

I hope you guys implement something like game face so we can create avatars. Is there anything like that in the works?

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#9 Makosha

Makosha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:45 PM

The avatar/animations topic has been around for a couple of years now. 

Are we any closer to getting some different ones or is it just a pipe dream ?

#10 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

The avatar/animations topic has been around for a couple of years now.
Are we any closer to getting some different ones or is it just a pipe dream ?

Don’t hold your breath regarding frills. I’m sure PG2 will have new ones but how user changeable they’ll be is anyone’s guess.
Richard

Posted Image

#11 Makosha

Makosha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

right now (after over 2 years) just a choice of 3 or 4 would be nice

#12 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:36 PM

glad to see this topic coming up--2 or 3 new annis and dress to go with em would rekindle my interest in this game----to me they are very important part !!--- :)

#13 Makosha

Makosha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:48 PM

im more disillusioned than disinterested, but thats because the attitude seems to be they just dot care about this subject as its not going to make money

• Parboy likes this

#14 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

im more disillusioned than disinterested, but thats because the attitude seems to be they just dot care about this subject as its not going to make money

i look at the game in whole,like they just don't care about a thing.

noting getting fixed nothing being done to better the game. i watched 2 holidays go by they could have run a special on steam for more players but oh no. nothing done special for the now customers for the holidays which would have been great for PR for the game.

don't really think these guys know a thing about dealing in the retail world.

really kind of sad patch pulled back last week was only a game to make people think they are doing something

why else would we not have gotten a good patch by now. you can fool some of the people some of the time but never all,

and i would not bet against me being the only one with this thought.

really sad.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#15 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

jeeez, the whining brigade is at it again.

my idea, you ppl dont deserve it.

happy christmass,  lol

• Jesus Jones likes this

#16 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:20 PM

We have some strong victim mentality around here.

If anyone states the obvious (as Makosha & Dave did above...that the game is developing at a glacial pace), they are castigated as being impatient or undeserving.

For the defenders of the current state of things, will there ever be a time when "it has been too long" for you?

• Fairwayman, Parboy, ✠ davef ✠ and 1 other like this

#17 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:43 PM

There are other golf games out there if PG is not satisfying your needs.

• MERACE likes this

#18 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

There are other golf games out there if PG is not satisfying your needs.

No offense Daz, but that's more victim mentality right there..

We are fans of this game and the type of experience they created...we love it so much we want more of it...updated versions of it....more features within the realm of what we currently have, just more fleshed out and expanded upon, you know?

It's pretty reasonable to be frustrated with the pace of development I think.

#19 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:06 PM

I appreciate that the rate of development is at a snail pace. I for one am as frustrated as the next guy. Updates will come when they come. This is one reason I stepped down from the private beta group as the pace of development was too slow for me. AJ and MIke are not suddenly going to up their work-rate because of a few dissenting comments on the forums. FFS, I moaned about plenty of things as a tester but some are  still no nearer seeing the light of day. I decided to just step back and let the Dev's get on with it (or not as the case my be, lol.)

All I'm saying is if PG isn't satisfying the player because of slow development and missing features, there are other golf games to go and try that might fit the bill.

• Fairwayman likes this

#20 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:18 PM

Since PP is not a gaming company but a golf related company that happens to have a game, l’m not all surprised at the slow development pace. That doesn’t mean that I like it, but since I have no control I just accept it. I’m a “snowbird” that doesn’t have access to my main computer that runs JNPG. So hopefully when I return north, in the spring, I’ll have a new PG.

P. S. I strongly recommend that the word “PERFECT” be left out of the name of the new game generation, based on current performance.
  • Fairwayman and erwildcat like this
Richard

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users