#1 rmoor13

rmoor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNewtown, Pennsylvania

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:22 PM

I am starting into a new project with course forge and was hoping I could get some advice on how to proceed with multiple textures and cart paths.   I would like to be able to generate seam blends to cart paths.  Can I just encase it in a mulch texture but have it read as a rough material, or do I need to encase the mulch in a rough texture too?   I guess it would be possible to blend a rough into a mulch with a cart path inside, right, as long as its under 65000 tris?Attached File  screengrab005.gif   199.46KB   0 downloads

#2 brokenclub

brokenclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:46 AM

See Tutorials

#3 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:52 AM

You don't need a rough outer spline but the outer spline encasing your path should be set to a blend of 1 to help transition it onto the terrain. Some people have painted their paths on with the texture painter if they are more informal. You could add a fringe to your path and make it mulch and set the fringe blend to 1 but you would have to be careful about sharp edges causing the mesh not to draw correctly.

Try an few things and post some pics of how you get on. What course is that BTW? 

#4 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:07 PM

delete

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#5 rmoor13

rmoor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNewtown, Pennsylvania

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:35 PM

I see.  Thanks alot Mike.  I'm working on a course in  Mississippi, U.S.A. called Dancing Rabbit-the Azalea course.  I'll try to post something if it looks decent but it might take awhile.

Cheers

Robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users