Photo

Trap in the in the fairway

Best Answer Mike Jones , 07 November 2016 - 06:33 AM

Hello

Are we able to do a trap in the fairway? If yes how can we do it.

And can we put rough aroud it?

Thank you again

Have you tried it? It's usually best to try these things first and then if you have issues post a topic. If you have watched the tutorials you will know how to draw shapes so go ahead and try what you suggest.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 QBL_MrCobra

QBL_MrCobra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:48 AM

Hello

Thank you again

#2 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:33 AM   Best Answer

Hello

Thank you again

Have you tried it? It's usually best to try these things first and then if you have issues post a topic. If you have watched the tutorials you will know how to draw shapes so go ahead and try what you suggest.

#3 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:44 AM

Yes it can be done. You will however save a lot of time by watching the video tutorials found here:

http://www.perfectpa...ideo-tutorials/

Basically if you have already drawn your fairway then you use the "Clipping hole spline" tool when you draw the spline. Draw the rough first then normally draw the bunker inside. After that highlight the rough spline again and deselect the "Clipping hole spline" tool that is colored in or you will get odd results when you build your course for play.

Please let us know if you have any difficulties viewing or understanding the tutorials. They will go a long way to get you started and then you can ask more specific questions. I also suggest you search the Q&A thread for possible answers to your questions first.

Good Luck and keep designing.

SC  :)

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#4 QBL_MrCobra

QBL_MrCobra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:17 AM

Ok Mike,

The first time I tried the fairway was done and I used the scissors and was not able to do it. So now I did my trap, my rough and then click for the spline and everything is good.

Thank you all 

#5 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:36 AM

Yes it can be done. You will however save a lot of time by watching the video tutorials found here:
http://www.perfectpa...ideo-tutorials/

Basically if you have already drawn your fairway then you use the "Clipping hole spline" tool when you draw the spline. Draw the rough first then normally draw the bunker inside. After that highlight the rough spline again and deselect the "Clipping hole spline" tool that is colored in or you will get odd results when you build your course for play.

Please let us know if you have any difficulties viewing or understanding the tutorials. They will go a long way to get you started and then you can ask more specific questions. I also suggest you search the Q&A thread for possible answers to your questions first.

Good Luck and keep designing.

SC :)

Not sure what you are cutting out? A bunker can be drawn in the fairway and can have a rough mesh drawn around it, as well, if you want the appearance of longer grass around the bunker. Or make a custom layer to go around the bunkers. Maybe I'm not visualizing what you are trying to do but I can't see the need for the cut out. Then, if you deselect it at the end, and redraw splines, it will no longer be cutting out so you will have negated your previous step. The cut out button (scissors) is either ON or OFF for cutting through a mesh.

#6 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:32 PM

It's just the way I taught myself how to do it. There may be better or other ways as you describe.

SC  :)

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#7 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:23 PM

It's just the way I taught myself how to do it. There may be better or other ways as you describe.

SC :)

Sure. No worries. I just sensed by your steps you might be thinking the cut is doing something and it may not be. I'm not steadfast on singular approaches to doing something so if it works for you, have at it. I was also following on a previous post you had on this where K11 was walking you through it and I sensed you might have misunderstood the cut tool at that time as well. I would probably only cut through a mesh if I wanted the terrain paint to come through and be able to plant on terrain like a flower bed. But, with a procedurally lowered terrain around a bunker, you may see under the mesh on the course so that may not be a time to use the cut tool.
  • StoneComet likes this

#8 QBL_MrCobra

QBL_MrCobra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:55 AM

Thank you guys,

I'm new in designing courses. I'm having a blast doing it. I don't sleep anymore. I'm working on Oakmont. Just three hole done.

I can't wait to have terrain forge to use Links courses .crz.

An happy man

#9 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:42 AM

Thank you guys,

I'm new in designing courses. I'm having a blast doing it. I don't sleep anymore. I'm working on Oakmont. Just three hole done.

I can't wait to have terrain forge to use Links courses .crz.

An happy man

You won't be able to use Links .crz files in Terrain Forge unless you were the original designer of them, or can prove that you have the designer's permission.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#10 QBL_MrCobra

QBL_MrCobra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:13 AM

I had some .crz courses from Quebec. So I should be able to used them.

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users