Photo

missing meshes

Best Answer Kablammo11 , 22 November 2016 - 04:00 PM

You seem to have two problems here, and I'm not sure if they are related or not. Most likely there is something a bit off with your layers library or the way you employed it. Did you start a new terrain or use the starter terrain? Did you save your Layers Library under a new name and then reload it? Did you save your layers library after editing that texture? When you return to Unity, are only the textures gone or the spline lines as well?

It looks as though CF can't assign the layers you intended to use in your build and that would point at a path error somewhere in the process of saving and loading the intended library file.

Images of your project in Unity and of your deep rough desert layer in the Layers Library would help narrow it down a bit.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dlocke1962

dlocke1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:58 PM

I searched and did not find anything so maybe someone could tell me what i am doing wrong. 

I build a hole, add tee boxes and tees, fairways, rough, greens and pins and OB. I then build the hole and it finishes without error. I go in to play hole and there is only one mesh which shows up...the green, Everything else is gone. And the custom rough texture I created is gone when i go back into Unity. I changed the properties of the deep rough to be a desert sand for my desert course, but after building and coming back it is just grey with no textures. I know it is something I am doing..I just don't know what. 

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:00 PM   Best Answer

You seem to have two problems here, and I'm not sure if they are related or not. Most likely there is something a bit off with your layers library or the way you employed it. Did you start a new terrain or use the starter terrain? Did you save your Layers Library under a new name and then reload it? Did you save your layers library after editing that texture? When you return to Unity, are only the textures gone or the spline lines as well?

It looks as though CF can't assign the layers you intended to use in your build and that would point at a path error somewhere in the process of saving and loading the intended library file.

Images of your project in Unity and of your deep rough desert layer in the Layers Library would help narrow it down a bit.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 dlocke1962

dlocke1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:55 PM

well damn..I didnt even think about saving the library this time...duh on me. I can see how this would cause the disappearing texture but would it also cause the other textures to not show up on the compiled hole? When I go back into Unity everything is there except the deep rough texture i changed. I will try to get a screen shot tonight. Thanks K11

#4 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:27 PM

... but would it also cause the other textures to not show up on the compiled hole? 

No it wouldn't. Haven't got a clue about that one, sorry.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#5 dlocke1962

dlocke1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:58 AM

Thank you again K11...I never saved my layers library after making the change and that seems to really screw up things. I saved the layers library and rebuilt course and it works fine now. Thanks again for your help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users