13 replies to this topic

#1 Rehit

Rehit

Curmudgeon

• Administrators
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:54 PM

the server died last night.
it started out as a failed power supply.
the techs installed a new one, but it looks like the motherboard has failed now.
they have started building a new box from scratch, but it will certainly take a few days.
at this point i do not know how much data would be recoverable, but i do have entire backups of the tour site.
i will pop in and let people know as things progress.

#2 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:59 PM

Lost courses? I have a crapload if needed.

[edit] oops, come to think of it apcd was many pay courses, which I have but not that many.

#3 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:13 PM

Bummer.

Saw some posts at LinksCorner mentioning they were unable to access the site.

Good luck with the rebuild Mick and hope for the guys who still turn out playing the Links 2003 OWGC that they still have a tour to play on.

;)

#4 NateDogg

NateDogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBrant Lake, NY

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:15 PM

Good luck with the site Mick. I still enjoy Links, and the OWGT has been great fun.

It takes a lot of balls to golf like I do!

#5 Rehit

Rehit

Curmudgeon

• Administrators
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:39 AM

it is definitely not the end...
we have all new enterprise class hardware and the latest software.
this is not your normal web hosted site, we actually have our own server.
we are making progress and should be there in the near future.
it is quite a task considering we had to use data recovery software on the failed drive...
all the data is there so far and we are rebuilding things as fast as we can.
we are also going to upgrade the forum.
Links will live on as long as people want to play but we are also making preparations for Perfect Golf as well.
sorry for the inconvenience.
now back to .php hell lol

if you go to the site...
http://www.mogulbash...tour/1/main.php
you can watch as we progress.

• brubeck likes this

#6 brubeck

brubeck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

Mick,

Do you see us playing in the month of Jan.?

Thanks

brubeck-MacTour

#7 Rehit

Rehit

Curmudgeon

• Administrators
  • 257 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

the site is on the way back...
after having an entirely new machine built and recovering the data from the dead hard drives...
the forum is there.
we have a support ticket with the forum software provider and are in the process of having them import and restore all the old content.
sorry for the lengthy delay and the silence.
there have been personal things taking precedence.
and the data recovery took quite sometime.
i will get it all restored.

#8 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

Wow! That is awesome news bud, kinda like putting the 

paddles to a coded patient, I knew apcd-courses would 

revive. 

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#9 Rehit

Rehit

Curmudgeon

• Administrators
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:13 PM

haven't had a lot of luck with the import, so i am rebuilding it from scratch.
you will need to register for the forum again if you haven't already done so.
i am adding the courses back to the database as time permits.
as a new feature i am adding the hole previews from the courses to the posts if they have them.
this allows you to look at the entire course layout before you download it.
you can also save the previews for your own use if you like.
we will take a look at the tour at some point after i can get most of the courses posted.
thank your for your patience.

• Dazmaniac and cajuncapgun like this

#10 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:34 AM

Interesting how the ol Linx game is beloved when brought up on the site vs. when someone talks about TGC. Never played Linx (was more of a JN and TW user), but I understand a first love. Nobody ever brings up Front Page Golf. It had a useable construction program that allowed you to use LIDAR data (where is TF?!!!) :(

#11 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

Interesting how the ol Linx game is beloved when brought up on the site vs. when someone talks about TGC. Never played Linx (was more of a JN and TW user), but I understand a first love. Nobody ever brings up Front Page Golf. It had a useable construction program that allowed you to use LIDAR data (where is TF?!!!) :(

If you can't use CF to make a fictional course, you're not going to be able to use Terrain Forge.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#12 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:14 PM

If you can't use CF to make a fictional course, you're not going to be able to use Terrain Forge.

Since I have designed many courses on other course designers, and managed to get tjhe LIDAR data through the one for FPG (as I said in my post), I would consider your comment to be a condemnation of Unity and TF. For the most part the CF features themselves are not that difficult to use.

#13 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:47 PM

Since I have designed many courses on other course designers, and managed to get tjhe LIDAR data through the one for FPG (as I said in my post), I would consider your comment to be a condemnation of Unity and TF. For the most part the CF features themselves are not that difficult to use.

Many people are currently using LIDAR data without Terrain Forge.  You could ask one of them for the procedure or just ask them for the LIDAR data and they will be happy to help.

Terrain Forge has nothing to do with Unity.  But Unity isn't that hard to use at all.  I'm actually getting a little sick and tired of you saying Unity doesn't work.  The fact of the matter is, it does.  180 user courses say you're wrong. 

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#14 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:34 PM

Many people are currently using LIDAR data without Terrain Forge.  You could ask one of them for the procedure or just ask them for the LIDAR data and they will be happy to help.

Terrain Forge has nothing to do with Unity.  But Unity isn't that hard to use at all.  I'm actually getting a little sick and tired of you saying Unity doesn't work.  The fact of the matter is, it does.  180 user courses say you're wrong. 

I have never said Unity doesn't work. I've said it is overly complicated and hard core, and not what was originally put forward in that youtube video put out by the devs years ago ().

I'm sorry you're sick and tired Crow. I hope you feel better soon. :(

• Crow357 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users