#41 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:51 AM

final version uploaded to OGT.will be available as soon as zmax  posts it, I want to thank all the beta testers for helping me out. also want to thank dp and k11 for the great assets they have provided to the community.and also to john meyer for the heightmap of this course.and to mike jones and aj for this great game. hope you all enjoy.

• DPRoberts likes this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#42 vainte

vainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:18 AM

Just played my first round at Avenel, It's a beast with max wind, hard greens and 14 stimp, I played great (for me) and managed 8 over.

Those conditions had me all over the course and didn't strike a single problem other than my score, nice work:)

Overall It looked great and  was fun to play. Thanks Quadet!

#43 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

This one ist outstanding. Together with Pebble Beach my favorite one. Wonderful textures, buldings and course recreation. Only thing to worry about are the flickering bulidings, which depends on PP, I think(?).

Thanx for sharing this course!!

#44 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

Quadet63/Skunky,

Finally crawled out of my hole and had a chance to check this out. Looks great! 

Let me know if there are any specific buildings with issues. I did not notice anything major other than the larger apartment style building. Probably looks terrible in dynamic sky and maybe that is the issue for Volker? But, I also put that together without realizing it was going to be used more than a demonstration. Some of the pieces do not line up perfectly and can be improved with zooming in and "V" snapping them together better. I assume you have the skills to improve that if you really care to or I can do it and PM it back to you.

Neat to see how you put some buildings together. That's what I was hoping for with the builder. I am close on House Builder final v1_1 which should be a nice improvement over the BETA.  Mapping of objects is better and all objects are based on meter increments and snap together in a more user friendly way. I have also added porches, railings, pillars and towers.

#45 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:36 PM

I've seen other posts in other threads saying the buildings flicker when Dynamic Skies are enabled. Turn off dynamic Skies and the buildings seem to render with no flickering and the overall course colours don't tend to look as washed out IMO.

#46 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:55 PM

I play now with Dyn skies off.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#47 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:59 PM

I've been playing with dynamic skies off since this was reported but there are still 3D objects that flicker due to some other cause. I know the Carroch Loch clubhouse still flickers, and one I played the other night had loads of flickering sheds on the course.... it may even have been this one.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#48 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

I've been playing with dynamic skies off since this was reported but there are still 3D objects that flicker due to some other cause. I know the Carroch Loch clubhouse still flickers, and one I played the other night had loads of flickering sheds on the course.... it may even have been this one.

See if you can get some specifics for me. Even just the name of the course would be helpful. If it is related to my House Builder, I will spend some time investigating the cause. I always start by pointing the finger at myself and go from there.

#49 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:16 AM

Well, on experimentation, I have isolated the issue to shared materials. I put a clubhouse in with a single non-shared material in the scene, turned on dynamic sky and it works flawlessly. If I duplicated the object and placed it in the scene, they both flickered. I thought maybe it was the way I was using the material as Legacy>Bumped Diffuse as PP uses Legacy>Bumped Specular.

However, Florida Glades 17 clearly shows this issue with the bulkheads around the water and green. It is less apparent on things like tee markers because they are smaller but is there.

I am going to experiment on import/export of my blocks through Speedtree but thinking that may create other problems or just not work altogether. As Unity 5.5 may solve this as well, it may prove to be a waste of my time.

#50 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:14 AM

dp,heres what i have found,yes with dynamic sky on i have a lot of flickering issues with 3d objects ,not just your houses,which by the way are just awesome.thank you very much.but with dynamic sky to off all issues  go away. so im prone to believe dynamic sky is the problem with 3rd party 3d objects,all Courseforge objects seem to work fine its the ,3d warehouse ect... that may or may not work properly.

the benefits of turning off dynamic sky are ,3 to 4 FPS increase,much better color and shadows,and no flickering.so i never use it.

since i never use it i was unaware of the flickering problem until i turned it on and saw for myself and yes it was pretty bad.so i suggest just turning it off,problem solved.

• DPRoberts likes this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#51 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

If you have dynamic skies on but no clouds there is no flickering so I have come to the conclusion that it's the clouds....The Old Town at St Andrews goes mental with overcast but clear skies it's fine
It may well be the way I skin my structures but I do think dynamic skies causes the the issue also
  • DPRoberts likes this

#52 Quigs

Quigs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:41 AM

RobC - I researched this issue a little over a year ago when Ace and I were testing NCR. I found that you could solve the problem by the way you exported your object. In my case I was using Sketchup. The export type and layer type would have an impact. I also found if I moved to Blender I could get it to go away. It all had to do with the settings in the export and whether or not you rendered certain layers (I am saying that wrong). Long story short, I think I posted something about it in the beta forum. I will see if I can dig up my notes. Might be worthless info.

#53 granite00

granite00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:55 AM

I just played the Summer edition.  On more than one occasion, I saw my ball travel through the stones and bricks used in the cart paths and fronting some of the water hazards. 

The most notable pass through was the wall fronting the par 3 17th hole.  I was able to duplicate hitting the ball into the bank fronting the 17th green, having it bounce back and pass through the wall into the water.

#54 Duval59

Duval59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationForest, VA

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:32 AM

Don't see this on OGT? Don't see a link in this thread?

#55 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:39 AM

http://www.simulatio...iew.html?id=200

#56 Duval59

Duval59

Advanced Member

• Members