#1 chrismess13

chrismess13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationButte County, CA

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:18 AM

Downloaded more brushes from unity store to get more variety. Is it possible to rotate the brush before and or during its use?

#2 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:30 AM

https://www.assetsto...!/content/47418

This is a FREE asset, But I have no idea if CF/JNPG allows it's use, yet.

Core Features of SabreCSG:

• Boolean CSG technology (BSP-like) that allows you to add and subtract brushes together, allowing you easily to create complicated geometry very rapidly!
  • Built geometry uses Unity meshes and mesh renderers, so it's no different to work with than any other mesh. Geometry is batched by material to give you built in draw call minimisation.
  • Advanced resize tools allow you to resize brushes intuitively, rotate and translate them
  • Vertex tools let you go in and adjust individual vertices, to easily make ramps or flowing archways for example
  • A set of surface tools allow you to change materials on faces and edit UVs
  • Clip planes allow you to bevel brushes, cut chunks off them or even split a brush into two!
  • Supports procedural programatic offline building of levels through editor scripting
  • Import 3D meshes from art tools for use as convex brushes
  • Export built geometry to .OBJ for use in external 3D tools
  •  

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#3 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:48 PM

Neal, I would humbly suggest that something like that would be for extremely advanced users and probably would not work with CF.

#4 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:43 PM

Downloaded more brushes from unity store to get more variety. Is it possible to rotate the brush before and or during its use?

Hello chrismess13,

DISCLAIMER: TRYING THIS MAY RUIN YOUR PROJECT

As far as I know you cannot rotate brushes currently with Unity and Course Forge. Perhaps sometime in the future. My best guess and I'm not even sure, plus the fact that moving your terrain is hazardous, is that you could technically rotate the terrain but you have to set it back to the start values once your done I think. You would have to be careful that you are rotating the flat level plane and not tilting it. I'm new to Unity and Course Forge so DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS SUGGESTION WITHOUT FURTHER VERIFICATION OR COMMENTARY from those more knowledgeable.

SC  :mellow:

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#5 chrismess13

chrismess13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Glad I read the post before I fired the CF up and tried it out. The lack of being able to rotate brushes or splines can be a bit frustrating at times. I lay down the most beautifully shaped bunker I have ever made and then realize that I just need it rotated 8 degrees to the left for it to be a master piece. Same with brushes if I could just rotate it to the left or right a bit then the hollow im trying to make would fit in perfect. Hopefully a solution comes soon. Other than that I'm having a blast with CF.

#6 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Glad I read the post before I fired the CF up and tried it out. The lack of being able to rotate brushes or splines can be a bit frustrating at times. I lay down the most beautifully shaped bunker I have ever made and then realize that I just need it rotated 8 degrees to the left for it to be a master piece. 

We won't be able to rotate the brushes but there should be no reason why we cannot rotate splines. I'll add it to the to do list along with about a zillion other improvements we can make. Just like PG, CourseForge will continue to evolve.

• IanK likes this

#7 chrismess13

chrismess13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:40 PM

Nice to hear, MIke. Even at number one zillion on the priority list its good to know that its on the list. Thanks and hope to see it soon, wink wink!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users