Photo

Can I mess with Scaling of water to manipulate it ???

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:53 PM

Can I mess with Scaling or is this above my pay grade .... I saw two tutorials on dealing with water was wondering if I can just make the water droplet smaller First and then raise - lower it - spin it turn it - raise some terrain to hide it ... I think if I could make it smaller first this may help with whatever it is I am trying to do .. which I can't remember .. anyway is this SCALING ??

Water%20Scale_1.png

would I mess with all the numbers so just some must I keep them in a ratio to each other number ... Thanks 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#2 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

Yes you can. Use the tools in the top left hand part of the CF screen.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#3 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

Yes, those scale numbers is what defines the area covered by your water.

#4 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:01 PM

Look underneath 'File' and 'Edit' tabs for the controls.
WWG1WGA

#5 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:08 PM

OK thanks the online unity community says it may affect the parent objects and something relative to the world but I'm just going to dive into it I can always buy another pc if I have a problem ... 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#6 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:11 PM

Uh what I am thinking one can do is this screenshot shows the water the size of a Lake I want to make it the size of a puddle and put it in front of the hole ... Ok I'm gonna piddle with what you all said. 

#7 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:16 PM

Yes, those scale numbers is what defines the area covered by your water.

Yeah ok the Scale numbers seem to be working PERFECTLY I raise the water plane up resize it by putting in random smaller numbers and I am assuming this will not change the look or behavior of the water .. whooo hooo 

Ok then I used EVERYTHING that was said thanks .. whoo hoo 

#8 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:29 PM

Yeah ok the Scale numbers seem to be working PERFECTLY I raise the water plane up resize it by putting in random smaller numbers and I am assuming this will not change the look or behavior of the water .. whooo hooo 

Ok then I used EVERYTHING that was said thanks .. whoo hoo

I've never done it that way.
WWG1WGA

#9 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:39 PM

Just wanted a drip of water in front of the hole so I planted the water object raised it up then changed the numbers in the x and z scale to about 5 each then I had this much smaller "sheet" of water then I dropped it down into the hole I made - had to have it small to prevent it forming a puddle in my sand trap but a player may think whilst in the sand .... gee wally I should be in a puddle of water we are 6 inches below that water hazard ... 

#10 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:24 PM

Like many things in Unity you can do the same thing in different ways. You can resize the water plane using the interface and the resize icon or  change the scale numbers directly as you're doing. In the tutorials you will invariably find instructions about the way that we create courses at PP so that you can follow along easily and with a good workflow.  If you find another way which is easier for you - go with it.

#11 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:44 AM

The tutorials are great 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users