Photo

Compile failure followed by CF menu Disappearing

Best Answer nstone73 , 05 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

Maybe check your build settings to get the Perfect Parallel menu back at least. Unity crashed on me once and that seemed to fix it. Under "File"->"Build Settings". The platform should be "PC, Mac & Linux Standalone". Fingers crossed....that's the only issue I had with my first full project.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Max Barrett

Max Barrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:37 AM

I am hoping that someone has experienced what is happening to me and has a simple answer.

I have just started my second attempt to build an actual course and thanks to the community I have a great heightmap with overlay. The first course caused me a few problems, all of my own making and so I am hopeful what is happening now is correctable. I imported CF into the new project without the terrain, then imported the new Terrain asset with height map. I then saved the scene, project and backed up the terrain. Next I  created a tee and green with flags, finally added an out of bounds. I then compiled it to make sure all was working. It compiled. I then created a road, fairways, put in trees, both speedtrees and those that came with CF, fairway fringes, rough. I saved the scene, project and backed up the terrain. I then tried to compile it. it ran only for a few seconds, pinged and stopped compiling. I then started CF again and tried again, no luck. I closed Unity then opened it again. CF menu had disappeared and I could not get it back.

I have had this happen three times now. I checked to make sure that there were no crossed meshes. Has anyone any ideas? I even deleted everything back to the point where it had originally compiled but that didn't work either. (That was before I closed Unity and lost everything!)

I love CF in spite of everything but I know that I know little about unity and wonder if it is in Unity thaat the problem exits.

As I said at the beginning I have successfully created eighteen holes that worked so why am I now having a problem?

#2 nstone73

nstone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationDenver CO

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:58 PM   Best Answer

Maybe check your build settings to get the Perfect Parallel menu back at least. Unity crashed on me once and that seemed to fix it. Under "File"->"Build Settings". The platform should be "PC, Mac & Linux Standalone". Fingers crossed....that's the only issue I had with my first full project.

#3 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:01 PM

When you got the error, there is normally an error message appears in the bottom left of the screen, right at bottom. 

If it happens again try and make note of that, and it hopefully will point you, or others here in the direction of the problem

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#4 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:35 PM

Did you use Easy Roads for your roads and fail to remove the program stuff before compiling? I believe this can cause issues.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#5 Max Barrett

Max Barrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:37 AM

Thanks everyone for the info, I will try what you suggest. I don't use Easy roads so it isn't that but thanks anyway

#6 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:50 AM

Occasionally I get a compile Error, usually says "unauthorized access", Removing the course build file from the PP courses folder and rebuilding the course fixes that for me.

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users