#201 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:19 AM

I don't mean to be a buz kill but I hope at some point we can turn down and off the background jungle sounds .. without having to loose sound to our ball hitting or when I miss and hit myself in the face with the club .. 

MJ has replied to the testers who raised the same query

This will be a continual problem until we separate the game effects for the ambient sounds on the course. It's a planned update in future.

Patience grasshopper.

:D

#202 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:24 AM

Its the 22nd here in Perth Western Australia, were is my PG Lmao

Because this game is so imaginably cheap, considering how much time and effort was put into it, can I presume that it will basically be like a in app purchase type of game. ?

If not why not, unless the developers are hoping for say 12 million purchases

Ok first of all regarding the time of availability a dev recently posted 10:00 am EST as a ball park so ya got to get out your calculators and figure this out. this mirrors what the maniac - Dazmaniac just posted .. 

Regarding this quote above ... this is an early access so it has some bugs for example at times on a slope your golfer will be buried in the ground with only their chest showing later on according to posts it will sell for 30 to 35 dollars. And then there is my opinion which is these guys are not primarily a gaming company that makes games they do other more important things check out this website so in other words they do not have to sell this for 65 to 85 dollars per game to pay back a bank loan or a huge dev studio building full of programmers and artists. Plus, being put out on steam they don't have to hire a 3rd party for billing and to produce cd's and boxes to sell it at a brick and mortar but this is all just conjecture on my part. 

I just posted this but Daz explains it better above he types faster than I 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#203 Rehit

Rehit

Curmudgeon

• Administrators
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:26 AM

do not forget Steam gets a rather large slice...

#204 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:36 AM

do not forget Steam gets a rather large slice...

Very true!! But, don't forget that as a result PP avoids a lot of administrative overhead. While, I'm not a 'big Steam fan' (understatement) I can sure understand why PP would use this type of delivery method being a very small company with a 'lean staff'. Only 15 more hours. This waiting is worse than being 6 years old on Christmas Eve. Oh wait, I'm one of the testers, I don't have to wait. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist) :D

Richard

Posted Image

#205 aftrshok99

aftrshok99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Missouri

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:39 AM

Oh wait, I'm one of the testers, I don't have to wait. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist) :D

Blah Blah Blah Blah, I'm a tester, Blah Blah Blah, I don't have to wait, Blah Blah Blah!!!!  :P  :D

Well then you can wait with the rest of us to see how this forum blows up tomorrow from all the activity.  ;)

Courses Created with Course Forge:

Bellerive CC

Fishers Island

Forest Hills CC - WIP

#206 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

Regarding whether or not your system can run it you may want to make sure your system is not choking on its own .. anyway you can go here and get a free downloadable tweak guid 

http://www.tweakguides.com/

or get the deluxe and pay a little bit of money - they are both a lot of reading but it may help you out. 

One of the things I'm going to do if I think I need to do anything is to turn off what runs in background that I do not need - I already have an asus utility that runs that I cannot prevent from NOT running at start up but it easily can be turned off but it does take up memory. RAM .. 

here is my Task Manager 

Windows%20Task%20Manager.jpg

Ok look at all the big numbers under Memory P ) ... anyway Chrome is sucking up a lot of stuff which is why I probably won't access steam through Chrome but this may be unavoidable but Greenshot my screenshot program I will cut that off only if I need to alone with my email I had my email open when I took this screenshot with Greenshot. 

Of course I know from experience one of the fundamental things you can do is to install this game to a SSD drive they are a lot cheaper now and many consider them a big bang for the buck as far as upgrades go - in the event you do not already have one - I play a highly graphical game and when I installed it on my regular platter hard drive it was choppy etc. but then when installed on my SSD drive it runs smoothly like I had a new computer I did this just to test something cause the Perfect Golf game was not out yet. - something to do .. 

This is also why another of the many reasons I have a fetish about being able to play Perfect Golf in OFFLINE mode which not being a steam person of experience I am under the impression we can do ... 

ok let's see its almost 8 pm about 14 more hours or so of typing in these forums ... 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#207 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:50 AM

Blah Blah Blah Blah, I'm a tester, Blah Blah Blah, I don't have to wait, Blah Blah Blah!!!!  :P  :D

Well then you can wait with the rest of us to see how this forum blows up tomorrow from all the activity.  ;)

Touché! but, give me a break, I'm on an extended 'cocktail hour'! :)

You may be absolutely correct. I just hope that the EA participants realize that it is in fact an EA. Both in the posts here at PP and the ones in the PG group on Steam, it's been made very clear that this as an EA, not a finished 'polished' product. Both the PP development team and the testers have encouraged all EA participants to provide constructive comments regarding improvements or fixes. I hope that most, if not all, do that.

Richard

Posted Image

#208 aftrshok99

aftrshok99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:00 AM

You may be absolutely correct. I just hope that the EA participants realize that it is in fact an EA. Both in the posts here at PP and the ones in the PG group on Steam, it's been made very clear that this as an EA, not a finished 'polished' product. Both the PP development team and the testers have encouraged all EA participants to provide constructive comments regarding improvements or fixes. I hope that most, if not all, do that.

Ok Ok....I'll give you a break!!

I hope they realize the same thing too but you know that some people have to complain no matter what. I'm old enough that I don't get to worked up about EA issues, especially since I know there will be some.

Bellerive CC

Fishers Island

Forest Hills CC - WIP

#209 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:11 AM

Ok Ok....I'll give you a break!!

I hope they realize the same thing too but you know that some people have to complain no matter what. I'm old enough that I don't get to worked up about EA issues, especially since I know there will be some.

Yup, sad but true!!

Richard

Posted Image

#210 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:55 AM

Your, well PP/PG's biggest critics are going to be the cheerleaders as I call them at WGT. Those who, for some reason, are nothing short of rabid fanatics who come at this game with absolute terror and a fear that is usually reserved for the truly delusional who will scream blue murder at you for thinking the earth is more that 5000 years old. 

The amount and depth of misinformation that is and has been posted and thrown around in game is staggering. Some I know are simply just spewing nonsense because they don't know how to do anything else but that. Then there are those who are, in my mind are just of rather low intelligence  that they are incapable of grasping what this game is and is trying to be. 

If they come here, and they will, when they do one would hope that if they're going to post comments in the forums here, that they actually post things that are helpful, constructive after seeing what PG is and could be. What it is is a PC loadable golf sim, which is about as far away from what WGT is as you can get. That's not a knock on WGT, it's just the way it is.

M Swing  //   N Assists

#211 flyer01

flyer01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:57 AM

I think the forums here will be ok but it could be a bit of a free for all over at Steam.

ASUS ROG LAPTOP,  i7-4720HQ, G-sync IPS, 16GB, 1TB HDD, 256GB PCIEG2 SSD, GTX970M GDDR5, WIN. 8.1

#212 aftrshok99

aftrshok99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:02 AM

I think the forums here will be ok but it could be a bit of a free for all over at Steam.

I agree.

Bellerive CC

Fishers Island

Forest Hills CC - WIP

#213 Adam T1

Adam T1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:07 AM

That should be faster than my gt750m gaming laptop and I can run PG at ultra high with no problems at 40 fps + 1600x900

You have no idea how happy I am to hear that. 

#214 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:29 AM

Hey - if any WGT doormen come calling just say 'emergent physics' that's all that needs to be said, they ain't worthy of a dogfight when the case is so closed with those 2 words.

'emergent'

and

'physics'

game over!

:D

let me just add - do not take the fight to them on steam, if they 'want it' let them come here because you could get in to a verbal argument and end up getting banned on steam and losing your game totally couldn't you.

we can deal with any boo boys who come knocking because we know our game is superior because its got emergent physics. but we must stand together and be counted if any kind of antagonism is due in the post.

#215 tsmith

tsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:37 AM

Great news,, and off work tomorrow !!!

How many courses included? ( I think I read 50 some odd ), But are all available with the early release?

How big is the file size?  May have to install on a different drive if its huge..

Been lurking and waiting and its finally here !!!!

T

#216 JamesSquire

JamesSquire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

Having been a Tiger Woods player from 99 till it ended in 08?
I gotta say this is easily the most promising looking golf game since....... Hurry up and unlock already!!!!  :)

It's been a long time but I can't wait to dust those clubs off and get out there and hack it up.

#217 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

7 hours........

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#218 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

AS one of those that tested TWO, I know the big difference with that and this is, any recommendations, hope I spelt that right ! anyway, The good folk here will do something EA never did and thats listen. I have huge rerspect for Andrew and Mike Jones and Rehit, among others.

I know a lot of folk here have been with Links for more than a decade, I also know that sought of knowledge that they and my fellow TW, WGT, so on and so forth have gathered over the years with their feed back, this should be the future of online golf for years to come.

Those above thanks for the feed back on my post, clearly from the response we are getting a genuine sim at a bargain price, it will not be perfect, thats our part to relay our thoughts to make sure its as good as it gets...............

CGX Bruce R

#219 JamesSquire

JamesSquire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

AS one of those that tested TWO, I know the big difference with that and this is, any recommendations, hope I spelt that right ! anyway, The good folk here will do something EA never did and thats listen. I have huge rerspect for Andrew and Mike Jones and Rehit, among others.

I know a lot of folk here have been with Links for more than a decade, I also know that sought of knowledge that they and my fellow TW, WGT, so on and so forth have gathered over the years with their feed back, this should be the future of online golf for years to come.

Those above thanks for the feed back on my post, clearly from the response we are getting a genuine sim at a bargain price, it will not be perfect, thats our part to relay our thoughts to make sure its as good as it gets.............

I stopped playing online golf when TWO come out.... The game lost all appeal and realism.
Really looking forward to Perfect golf though looks great & the features they are adding appear to be awesome :)

#220 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:25 AM

Sorry, I know this has been asked before but I can't find the information. Please can anyone tell me the file size of the game? My brother has a MacBook Pro laptop (Yosemite) with little storage space, so he's worried that it won't fit on his hard drive.
Thank you.

Ian
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users