to build in JNPG. You may have to adjust the number of

birds in the flock and have flocks at different points on the course

to cut down on any stuttering flight that is explained in Highfades

thread in the beta forum.

https://www.assetsto...#!/content/3897

If animating your own Gary has a very good video in his thread that

explains that process.

If you are speaking of a video on how to add a flock from the assets store

I don't have one at this time, but, I'll see what I can do.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

Thanks Jimbobh! I really appreciate your help!

It wasn't easy but I figured it out and the honor belongs to you Jimbobh :D. The only thing different was the scripts in your video. The flock bundle comes with the .cs-files in scripts folder. So they are C# scripts and you were using java scripts (.js-files). There is a JS script package in the C# Scripts folder of the bundle and there are the needed java scripts but it still wasn't easy.

So do just as I say Clubcaptain and you will get this to work. Just to warn you beforehand, birds will have a quite major impact to fps if you over react like me :P.

Here we go.

1. Delete the whole Bird Flock and all the files that came with it from Assets folder or from it's sub folders (IMPORTANT: scripts must be destroyd too!!!!). This doesn't destroy your flock boxes in scene, they just dissapear for a while from the screen.

2. Go to asset store from Unity and select the download symbol from the top of the window. You can see all your downloads from Unity asset store. Select Bird Flock Bundle and press import. Then you will have a window where you can check and uncheck assets. UNCHECK all the C-sripts in the cripts folder and then press Import.

3. Now you have the Bird Flock again in your assets folder but no scripts. Now go to the C# Scripts folder and double click the JS script package and import those java scripts. They will go to the Scripts folder of your bird flock. Now your bird flock boxes should appear again to the scene.

4. Drag those .js script to the Standard asset => Scripts folder.

You are done.

If you try to do this in different way you'll probably fail. I tried many ways and this was the only way I got those .js-script files to work. If C-scripts are imported, Unity will not accept anything else.

Don't panic :o. May the force be with you!

I'm going to FORCE myself to try one more time :-)

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#22 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:09 AM

Thanks Jimbobh! I really appreciate your help!

It wasn't easy but I figured it out and the honor belongs to you Jimbobh :D. The only thing different was the scripts in your video. The flock bundle comes with the .cs-files in scripts folder. So they are C# scripts and you were using java scripts (.js-files). There is a JS script package in the C# Scripts folder of the bundle and there are the needed java scripts but it still wasn't easy.

So do just as I say Clubcaptain and you will get this to work. Just to warn you beforehand, birds will have a quite major impact to fps if you over react like me :P.

Here we go.

1. Delete the whole Bird Flock and all the files that came with it from Assets folder or from it's sub folders (IMPORTANT: scripts must be destroyd too!!!!). This doesn't destroy your flock boxes in scene, they just dissapear for a while from the screen.

2. Go to asset store from Unity and select the download symbol from the top of the window. You can see all your downloads from Unity asset store. Select Bird Flock Bundle and press import. Then you will have a window where you can check and uncheck assets. UNCHECK all the C-sripts in the cripts folder and then press Import.

3. Now you have the Bird Flock again in your assets folder but no scripts. Now go to the C# Scripts folder and double click the JS script package and import those java scripts. They will go to the Scripts folder of your bird flock. Now your bird flock boxes should appear again to the scene.

4. Drag those .js script to the Standard asset => Scripts folder.

You are done.

If you try to do this in different way you'll probably fail. I tried many ways and this was the only way I got those .js-script files to work. If C-scripts are imported, Unity will not accept anything else.

Don't panic :o. May the force be with you!

PS. And don't forget to put default layer AGAIN in top of the inspector. If you don't, you will not see those birds.

You beauty !

I've now got 200 vultures circling around. I haven't played a round. I just sit here and watch them. Been a long time coming.

Thanks so much.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#23 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:24 AM

Glad you got it working, Someday I will have to get that package, all I have is the crows, and since I have made a couple of Maine courses, I'll have to try and add a Mosquito flock.lol

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#24 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:57 AM

You beauty !

I've now got 200 vultures circling around. I haven't played a round. I just sit here and watch them. Been a long time coming.

Thanks so much.

I know how it feels when you have put effort and money to something and you can't get it to work.

​So, it was my pleasure to help and I'm very happy to know that you have 200 vultures flying over there :D.

And still a very big thanks to Jimbobh! Your video was the most important part of the solution. 

#25 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:15 PM

Great Job JB, your answer is the BEST as mine was

somewhat vague. Thanks for the solution to this flocking package.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#26 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:02 PM

Great Job JB, your answer is the BEST as mine was

somewhat vague. Thanks for the solution to this flocking package.

Instructions how to fix this purchased Bird Flock Bundle came from me.

The video which helped me to resolve this issue came from JB.

Just FYI.

#27 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

The answer which Dropzone73 kindly worked out and shared turns largely on having the unity package of JS files.

Having got birds working I then obtained a pack from the same source which has parrots, toucans and parakeets with my new tropical course in mind. Unfortunately, I couldn't see the birds in game. Back to square one ? Banging my head on a brick wall again ?

Well, I installed the first pack which included the unity JS file package then imported the tropical birds second. They just slide into the flocking birds folder so you see the birds from both packs in one place. Importantly the tropical birds pick up on that unity JS file pack, and following Dropzone 73's instructions I had the parrots and toucans and butterflys  flying in game. The only slight downside is that I couldn't have more than two bird typed show up at the same time.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#28 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:59 AM

I just downloaded the bundle and can't get it to work.

It looks like they updated all of the scripts to C#.    There are no .js scripts available to import.  

Could one of you PM me the .js scripts?   Or explain how I can get the birds to show in game with C# scripts?  The birds show in Unity but not in the game.  

#29 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

You need to have the correct Standard Assets folder in Projects.

They go into that. 

mEkDuFp.jpg

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#30 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:29 PM

Noputt,
Perhaps I have misunderstood. The tutorial posted says to delete the bird flock C# scripts and use .js scripts instead (placing them in the folder you mentioned)

The problem is the bird flock asset was updated at some point since the tutorial was posted and now that asset doesn't include an option to import .js scripts. They are all C#

I hope that makes sense. I was hoping someone could copy and send me the .js scripts from their version of the bird flock bundle asset so I could follow the tutorial.

If I am overlooking something obvious here I apologize.

#31 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:49 PM

I have always used C# , not even sure if 

.js will work in PP. 

I just dropped my Bird Flock folder into

the Standard Assets/ Scripts and all

works great in game.

There are a few different Standard Asset folders and

not all seem to work with the Flocks.

I can send the one I'm using if desired.

Never used .js so not sure about that.

Note: I do not have the Birds Bundle Package, I only have one Bird that I alter to suit my needs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users