#41 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

not sure if this has been addressed or not, but is the sand in bunkers labled? I mean the lie, such as light medium or buried or is there a  visual aid to show how the ball is sitting? I use to hate bunkers that had no reference to the the lie and some said its more like real golf that way but I disagree. First in real golf you can tell what the lie is by looking. Second you can tell by the way the sand feels under your shoes when you get in the bunker, if your feet sink in easy then its pretty fluffy sand but if its like walking on mud then you know its heavy. Just wondered how this was handled in the game.  

No, we are not at a stage yet where the lie of the ball is being indicated to the player. In testing we are just playing it as we see it.

To be honest, I don't think things like plugged bunker lies, ball lying down in the rough etc. have been applied to the build. I'm sure it will come, but I think we are looking at prioritising elements of the game which will get it to the masses and then add the finer points down the line.

;)

• axe360 likes this

#42 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

No, we are not at a stage yet where the lie of the ball is being indicated to the player. In testing we are just playing it as we see it.

To be honest, I don't think things like plugged bunker lies, ball lying down in the rough etc. have been applied to the build. I'm sure it will come, but I think we are looking at prioritising elements of the game which will get it to the masses and then add the finer points down the line.

;)

I wouldn't worry.  TGC barely has any of this after being out half a year.  You just get a nebulous "percentage of distance" for your lie and it never leaves you with a very good indication of what's going to happen and why.  Poor UI design for sure.

#43 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:09 PM

Overall the Avatar is fantastic because we all probably know but have perhaps forgotten some of the finished golf games that have avatars that were so horrendous you still winced often while playing even though you have chosen an avatar that was not near as pathetic as the other ones they had to choose from - the game itself was ok but the avatar was so weird it woefully took away from the unique features of the game it was kind of like playing golf and every other hole you heard "Fore" Lookout !! and when you looked up you saw a ball coming at you and even geese flying over.

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#44 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

I wouldn't worry.  TGC barely has any of this after being out half a year.  You just get a nebulous "percentage of distance" for your lie and it never leaves you with a very good indication of what's going to happen and why.  Poor UI design for sure.

Yes but just because another game is lacking it that should be all the more reason to have it. I understand that its probably not a top top priority but I also hope that it isn't shuffled to the bottom of the "to do " list either. Again with out any clue of what you are facing and obviously your not able to physically see or tell the lie it makes it a crap shoot which gets pretty frustrating.  

#45 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

Yes but just because another game is lacking it that should be all the more reason to have it. I understand that its probably not a top top priority but I also hope that it isn't shuffled to the bottom of the "to do " list either. Again with out any clue of what you are facing and obviously your not able to physically see or tell the lie it makes it a crap shoot which gets pretty frustrating.  

I completely agree with you - Just was pointing out that the "other game" has been out a long time and still doesn't have these features that I would consider essential.

I'm not worried because what I'm seeing from PG so far will likely very much delight those of us looking for a golf sim - not just a golf "game" with HDR turned up to level 12.

#46 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

Looking great!  

#47 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:07 PM

We already have a grid system you can click to see the slope of the lie under your feet if you want to.  So Having put some functionality in the solve the initial problem of what is my lie we will focus on other elements until we get around to revisiting whether we need a lie indicator on the screen.  We are very sensitive to putting things on the screen during play and the only item that is in view when you ball is in motion is your wind indicator.  Why?  Well if you set up that shot for a right to left wind and just after hitting the wind gusts downwind your ball will not move and we thought you would want to know why...

• remers likes this

#48 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:10 PM

It's looking fantastikkkkkk!   can't wait.....    when do you think we can access the game?   3click?  truswing?   please advise   ty  Andre

Both

#49 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNuremberg, Germany

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:57 PM

@Andrew, and when? ;) ;)

I7-6700k, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB,16 GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W ATX 2.4, SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Eizo Color Graphic CS270 - 27", Win 10 Pro (64bit)

#50 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:21 PM

@Andrew, and when? ;) ;)

Harald,

MJ added this on the Perfect Golf Greenlight comments board yesterday, as someone was asking the same question:-

Looking to release on Early Access in mid Jan. We decided to put the character in there rather than wait. We are releasing a new steam alpha build to our testers today (we have updates every few days for them) so I will post some gameplay later.

;)

#51 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:32 PM

Both Mouse and Motion Swing are already in the game, Early Access Release on Steam in January

#52 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:02 PM

Both Mouse and Motion Swing are already in the game, Early Access Release on Steam in January

So tomorrow? Whoopie Happy New year!! ;)

#53 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:05 PM

Great news!

Ken

#54 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:09 PM

Lol, he said January not January 1st.. Keep it real boy's.... ;)

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users